sparked interest: enjoy… family memories

Hello friends, thank you so much for the sweet words about our grandmother, June.  She passed away last night.  Losing a loved one is never easy.  Even though we knew this day was coming it is still difficult to experience (not a day goes by where we don’t think about our grandpa’s death )

This morning we pulled out family photo albums to browse through to reflect on memories. Family is so important. We feel so blessed to have such an amazing family and especially wonderful grandparents.

twins and grandparents

Our grandmother was a wonderful lady.
Smart. Beautiful. Always telling stories. Smiling. Laughing.

She remembered everything, oh the stories she would tell.

michelle and june

Love being able to look back at old photos and remember all the memories.

Grandparents are so special, aren’t they? We have learned so much from all our grandparents.

lori and june

Grandma we love you and you will be missed!

lorigaryjune

We were so blessed to have you as our grandmother. We will miss you so much! Thank you for making our life so wonderful. Love you always — the twins

Thank goodness for memories as somehow we have to continue on with life.

cuteline3-01

sparked-interest-01

From us:

outsidelunch

Enjoying lunches outside.

wearing-sandals

Enjoying wearing sandals!

jax-sleeping

Enjoying seeing Jax sleep on a pillow.

story-time

Enjoying story time with my niece.

trees-sun

Enjoying seeing the sun.

joy eating icecream

Enjoying Luna and Larry’s ice cream.

What sparked us from around the world:

10 reasons why you’re not getting stronger  by Taylor   —> great tips

I got bored from Carla   —> great read

Yoga breath of fire    –> we need to do this more

quitting the blowdrier from Gina  —> we trying to blow dry our hair less and let it curl naturally

Free alternatives to the gym – great ideas from FitSugar

till next time,

Go out and hug or remember your grandparents today.

purelytwins

Miz April 14, 2013 - 10:28 am

hugs and prayers.

xo

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance April 14, 2013 - 12:13 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss, girls. It looks like you had a beautiful relationship with your grandmother. Stay strong! She is probably smiling down on you ladies right now.

Praying for you and her <3

purelytwins April 14, 2013 - 12:53 pm

thanks you Brittany 🙂

Kristi @ lifesprinkles April 14, 2013 - 1:20 pm

Thinking of you girls. It’s so difficult to lose our wonderful grandparents, they really are so special! Hugs and prayers. xo

Kat April 14, 2013 - 7:32 pm

What a beautiful tribute to your grandmother. Really makes you appreciate the little things in life (cliches are allowed in condolences). I lost my aunt a few days ago, and you never really get over losing close members of the family.. Hugs

Kat April 14, 2013 - 7:36 pm

Oh btw I love breath of fire! Kundalini yoga is so amazing, in a class they’ll do breath of fire for 5 mins straight and the amount of oxygen it brings in your body is crazy!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish April 14, 2013 - 8:00 pm

I’m so so sorry to hear about your grandmother. She sounds like she was a beautiful woman, and that she played a nurturing and inspirational role in both of your lives. <3 You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers! I can only imagine the grief you're feeling right now. Hugs. <3 xoxoxo

lindsay April 14, 2013 - 10:23 pm

i think of my grandma often now. HEr spirit is so alive! I can tell that your grandma will be living in your hearts forever.xxoo

Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) April 15, 2013 - 7:13 am

My deepest prayers and thoughts are with you both. xoxo

Deanna@healthyleanfit April 15, 2013 - 7:32 am

I am so sorry for your loss! I have lost many of my grandparents now as well. I just have one of my grandmothers with us! You were so blessed to have so much time with your lovely grandma! Hugs and prayers for you all!

Lauren April 15, 2013 - 8:01 am

So sorry for your loss. Sending you lots of love and light.

Heathy April 15, 2013 - 9:15 am

Im so sorry to hear about your grandmother passing away, but so wonderful that you had amazing grandparents and great memories that will last forever. Prayers to you and your family xo

Katie April 15, 2013 - 10:36 am

Both of you and your whole family are in my thoughts and prayers. I’ve lost my grandparents as well and I know how tough it can be, but I am so thankful for the time I got to spend with them and the lessons they taught me and the memories we made!

amanda April 15, 2013 - 10:52 am

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, L&M! Grandparents are so very precious – they leave us with magical memories 🙂 I hope your grandmother is in peace. You twins were so cute as little girls — I guess some things never change 😉 Sending positive thoughts for your family to heal. xo

Brooke April 15, 2013 - 11:13 am

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. Grandparents are really such incredible people, aren’t they? Blessings and peace to you and your family! xoxo

Erica April 15, 2013 - 1:45 pm

My heart is definitely with you. Enjoy your family time.

lynn @ the actor's diet April 15, 2013 - 7:35 pm

xoxox. grieving is hard and complicated but strangely beautiful.

Meg @ A Dash of Meg April 15, 2013 - 7:48 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about your Grandma, girls <3 I love you so much and am praying for you and everyone in your family <3

Beautiful post and I love the lunches outside!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table April 16, 2013 - 12:07 am

I am so behind on my blog reading… I’m so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Belated condolences to you and yours. xoxox

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile April 16, 2013 - 8:16 am

I’m so sorry to hear this.. my prayers go out to you both and your family<3

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) April 16, 2013 - 11:03 am

I am incredibly sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time. Big hugs to you both. xoxox

karina April 16, 2013 - 9:53 pm

Im sorry to hear about your Grandma passing