what we did and ate this past weekend

Happy Monday luvs! And happy April 1st!
We love April… for many reasons. One being our birthday month and second being Lori’s wedding anniversary month.

So it’s fair to say that we are extremely excited for this month!

And we must say we ended the month of March with a bang. We really enjoyed ourselves these past few days. Lori traveled to Gary’s home town in the Smoky Mountains of NC and Michelle spent time with our family in south Florida.

From Lori:

lori-eats

I did not snap that many pictures of my eats as I truly just wanted to let loose and not think about pictures. I just wanted to sit down and enjoy my eats and drinks ๐Ÿ˜‰

RELAXbyfire

I spent many hours relaxing by the fire and enjoyed some lovely wine. Now I wish I could do that everyday.ย

meandhiking

I did not lay around all day… we went on hikes. ย Enjoyed the beauty of the Earth.

familyhike

It was a little chilly and rainy but layered up and made the most of it. Jax of course had a blast.

jaxtime

Seriously love seeing Jax so happy and running around outside. Jax definitely enjoyed his mini vacation to the mountains.

prettymountain

The few days in the mountains went by fast. But I took a break from the computer and just lived in the present moment with family.

Stayed up late, slept-in, ate and drank well, and most of all I enjoyed life.

carridehome

Car ride home goodies… starbucks coffee, marshmallows and last bit of coconut flour chocolate chip cookies.

Now back to the normal around here.

Michelle:

Well as Lori enjoyed the fresh outdoors, I enjoyed the nice sunny weather in south FL. But more importantly my tummy was behind filled with amazing food!

Friday breakfast

Friday started off with donutsย and lots of play time.

brownie protein snack-friday

Afternoon snack – brownie and perfect fit.

I did not workout these past 3 days, just relaxed…and ate and ate and ate ๐Ÿ˜‰

fish dinner-friday

Dinner was grilled fish and veggies.

desserts-friday

Dessert for me was another brownie and 2 carrot cakes with cashew frosting!

YEP ate every single bite!

bacon and glutenfree pancakes-sat

My Saturday was just as exciting as Friday.

Breakfast was bacon and pancakes (recipe from Purely Classic Cookbook)

saturday eats

I enjoyed two helpings then later had perfect fit with cacao nibs and bee pollen followed by egg salad.

chocolate truffles

Made chocolate truffles for my older sister’s office, another cookbook recipe.

Of course I sample one ๐Ÿ˜‰

mini carrot cakes-saturday

Pre-dinner snack was carrot cake with cashew frosting…my favorite recipe from our cookbook!

wine and grilled dinner-sat

Leftovers for dinner and wine! Enjoyed some sweet potatoes too, which was a nice change!

brownie goat yogurt

Trying to show that I have self control, enjoyed just one brownie with goat yogurt.

Now Easter Sunday recap:

We both were traveling...yep Michelle is back in NC!

sun eats

What you don’t travel with cake in your purse?
haha Michelle brought carrot cake and Lori brought coconut chocolate chip cookies!

new cookie recipes

We were both in a sweets mood as we practiced two versions of the simple chocolate chip cookie recipe. Made both without eggs and sugar. Once we get it right we will share what we did!

Now we are off to get back into our schedule around here.

Twins Question: How was your Easter weekend? Did you travel anywhere? Do anything new?

Lindsay's List April 1, 2013 - 8:55 am

sad we couldn’t meet up, Lori! Next time, you’ll have to come sweat with me at FHFC!

purelytwins April 1, 2013 - 11:39 am

yes!!! I would love that!!

lindsay April 1, 2013 - 9:41 pm

oh can i get on that?! We need a twin/lindsay meet up again!!

purelytwins April 1, 2013 - 9:54 pm

yes we do!

amanda j April 1, 2013 - 9:10 am

your eats look delish! quick (and random) question: where do you two purchase your bacon? it seriously looks like the best bacon ever (I try to buy mine from a local farmer’s market but it still has way more fat on it than yours). your easter weekends looked wonderful and relaxing ๐Ÿ™‚

purelytwins April 1, 2013 - 11:39 am

lately we have been buying it from wholefoods ๐Ÿ™‚

amanda j April 1, 2013 - 12:56 pm

sweet – thanks!!!

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables April 1, 2013 - 9:12 am

Your eats always look SO good!!! So many healthy ways to satisfy my chocolate cravings!

purelytwins April 1, 2013 - 11:40 am

thanks girl!

Mandie April 1, 2013 - 9:49 am

No plans for Easter for me and the hubby; just relaxing -which was awesome! I’m pretty sure I just pinned all your pictures of food from this past weekend ๐Ÿ˜‰ Glad you girls had such a relaxing and fun weekend! You deserve it ๐Ÿ™‚

purelytwins April 1, 2013 - 11:40 am

thank you Mandie ๐Ÿ™‚ yay for relaxation!

Chris April 1, 2013 - 1:29 pm

Good times!
Looking forward to egg-free cookies ๐Ÿ™‚

Okay, did you make your brownies, pancakes, and carrot cake with grains?

Thanks! Enjoy the beautiful day!

purelytwins April 1, 2013 - 4:26 pm

Chris nope – used our flour blend in our cookbook.

Chris April 1, 2013 - 1:36 pm

For some reason, my coconut flour cookies never look as moist as yours do. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

purelytwins April 1, 2013 - 4:27 pm

Chris – maybe try reducing cooking time, or do more coconut oil in the recipe.

Carly @ Snack Therapy April 1, 2013 - 1:51 pm

There is way to much delicious-looking food in this post for me to pick something to comment on! I acn’t even handle it! Although, those chocolate chip cookies do look pretty incredible!

Taylor @ liftingrevolution.com April 1, 2013 - 3:36 pm

Look like you both had a great weekend! Love the mountains, my family is from a small town outside of Asheville, called Candler and we love visiting!
Our Easter was low key and perfect, no traveling and lots of relaxing.

McKel | Nutrition Stripped April 1, 2013 - 7:13 pm

That sounds like an amazing weekend… not to mention filled with amazing looking desserts (especially those brownies!!). We went antique shopping at a new place here in Nashville and enjoyed relaxing ๐Ÿ˜‰

Joi Harrison-Turner April 1, 2013 - 11:03 pm

Hi Ladies: It’s been ages….By the looks of it you both had wonderful Easter weekends.
I wanted to pass on that I made your chocolate chip protein cookie for 2 today. I only
had whey protein on hand. Not only did it turn out, but it was DELISH! ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you for
that gem! I used coconut flour, arrowroot, whey and flax instead of eggs. Hope you both are
well.

purelytwins April 2, 2013 - 8:27 am

Oh Joi it is so wonderful to hear from you!!!! We miss you ๐Ÿ™‚
glad you enjoyed the cookies!! LOVE ya

Christa @ Edible Balance April 1, 2013 - 11:38 pm

Delicious looking eats girls! Lori, the scenery where you live, just gorgeous! We had a lovely, quiet Easter this year. Lots of time to enjoy the outdoors as well ๐Ÿ™‚

Tiffany Marie April 2, 2013 - 12:41 pm

SO excited for the egg free sugar free simple chocolate chip cookie recipe!!! <3 <3
That made my day ๐Ÿ˜€
Glad you both had a wonderful Easter!

carrie April 3, 2013 - 9:53 pm

Im so behind on my blogs yikes! Still wanted to say holy yum I really need to make that carrot cake soon. And reeeeeeally excited for your new cookie recipe. I will try to be patient ๐Ÿ™‚ (and yay for april birthdays! mine is too!)