something worth watching

sparked-interest-01

From Lori:

sparkedpostsjax

Sitting outside on the one semi warm day with Jax as he plays with our broken hose.

sittingoutside

Enjoying lunch outside on the one warm day we had.

From Michelle:

joy swinging

Swinging with Joy…always a highlight 🙂

michelle and joy

Love this little girl!

joy

Always playing and learning…such a smart kid.

From around the internet:

Check out this inspiring Fitfluential post

This buckwheat apple bake sounds amazing.

Love this gratitude post from Katie.

Great tips for why you felt weak during your workout.

The Complete Guide to Interval Training

More Health and Fitness News & Tips at Greatist.

You all know we love our HIIT workouts!

And now for a MUST SEE video from Bex and Amanda, two girls we love and admire.

Such a good and difficult topic as there is so much judgements being made about every type of body shape. It seems we all want to look a certain way, or make fun of someone else because they do not look the way you think they should, etc. Why are we so hard on ourselves? Why are we so hard on others? Why do others feel they can pick on someone else?

Be compassionate towards others.

Be understanding as you do not know what that person is going through.

Be more helpful instead of hurtful.

Be supportive not degrading. In all areas of life…to all types of shapes, sizes, etc.

Remember beauty is so much more than a pretty face.

source

Bex and Amanda brought up so many great points in the video. Make sure to watch it when you get a chance. We have gotten several negative and rude comments about our bodies and the size we are.  And just like Amanda, we have always been on the ‘small’ size our whole life. We want to show girls (really everyone) that no matter what – YOU are beautiful and strong! You are worth it!

We hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter. Sorry to bring up such a hot topic today but we felt it was worth sharing and talking about.

till next time,

purelytwins

amanda j March 31, 2013 - 1:47 pm

love that you posted the video – it IS a hot topic but soooo important. you both look amazing, healthy and STRONG! happy easter (and can’t wait to eat some easter chocolate – yum!).

purelytwins March 31, 2013 - 3:29 pm

thank you Amanda!! hugs

Michelle D March 31, 2013 - 2:30 pm

Thank you so much for sharing that video! It is such a positive message and I think people judge way too much. I find that people really judge me for not wanting to eat fast food and junk and I workout all the time but in a healthy way. I know everyone has their own struggles and I am so happy that you girls share your lives with us. I find you so inspiring and you make me confident in myself and that I can be the woman I want to be! Thank you!! I luv you girls so much! I am also purchasing your cookbook as an Easter present to myself 🙂 can’t wait for the second 1!!

purelytwins March 31, 2013 - 3:30 pm

Michelle thank you!!! We love ya girl, keep up the great work!! HUGS
thank you for the support!!

Elisabeth March 31, 2013 - 5:50 pm

This video totally resonated with me. I often find myself comparing my body to other peoples’. Even though I have a very fit and strong body and am considered “skinny” by most standards, I sometimes get envious of other people who I perceive to be skinnier. One of my personal goals is to stop the judging and start focusing on what makes me feel my best. It’s not being selfish; I deserve to be healthy and happy just as much as anybody else. This was so inspirational! Thank you!

purelytwins March 31, 2013 - 7:44 pm

yes – Elisabeth!! Those sound like great goals, we hope more people out there start doing the same 🙂 HUGS

Mandie March 31, 2013 - 9:40 pm

thanks for sharing the video! Ever since I changed my lifestyle (i don’t like to call it diet 😉 and workout plans I have been losing weight. People comment that I am either not eating or working out too much. Couldn’t be farther from the truth! I just realized that doing your plank videos, with HIIT and strength training is so much more effective than running for 1 hour.

purelytwins March 31, 2013 - 9:52 pm

wahoo!! totally agree girl! keep up the great work 🙂 love ya

Deanna@healthyleanfit April 11, 2013 - 8:00 am

I finally got a chance to review this video! It is a great one. Thanks for sharing!