purple brussel sprouts anyone?

purelyworkout-logo

doyoulikeburpees

We created a new burpee challenge this past Friday. Can’t wait to share it with you guys on Monday!

We love our burpees 😉

cuteline3-01

eats-logo

bacon-breakfast

Breakfast was — bacon, leftover salmon from the night before, 2 eggs and sautéed collard greens with coconut oil. The best.

preworkout-muffin

Enjoyed a perfect fit protein egg muffin with coconut oil before our workout.

ground-meat-postwkour

Post workout meal was some new things for us. We love trying out new foods. We enjoyed some ground veal and mexico purple brussel sprouts that we picked up from Whole Foods. Along with some roasted beets.

purple-sprouts

It was the first time for us eating veal or purple brussel sprouts and we enjoyed them both. We saw the purple brussel sprouts at Whole Foods and thought they would be fun to try. Hard to pass up purple food, hehe.

We felt the purple brussel sprouts tasted just like regular ones but it was nice to add some ‘color’ on our plate from it being purple.  According to livestrong.com purple brussel sprouts have the same nutrition as green ones.

We know brussel sprouts are somewhat high on the FODMAPS  and they recommend having less than half a cup. But we love them too much, so we still enjoy them quite a bit.

fruit-stripes

Tried out another flavor of the fruit strip from the package we received a few days ago.  It was strawberry flavor, it was pretty good.

michelle-jax

Jax always wanting to be close as we do computer work.  I (Lori) love seeing this.

crackers

Some of our new cookbook crackers were done … so as we took pictures for the new book.  We snacked on some of the crackers as we shot the pictures.  Forgot how much we love them.

last-sushi

We enjoyed a late dinner of sushi on Friday! A good friend was in town for the night and he loves sushi, so we all went out to dinner. We love our sushi and forgot to take a picture of it all before we started eating. Was able to quickly take this photo of the last 3 rolls before finishing the plate. Soooo good.

cuteline3-01

more-shouts

More marshmallow and sexy arm workout love!

shout-outlove

More cookbook truffle and mint protein brownie love!

Ladies it all looks wonderful. We are so happy to see all this love and inspiration!!

Twins question: Have you ever tried purple brussel sprouts? Are you a fan of brussel sprouts? What is your favorite ‘purple’ vegetable or fruit?

til next time,

purelytwins

Deanna@healthyleanfit March 24, 2013 - 9:15 am

Yep! We are loving the marshmallows! Made a kombucha version last night!

purelytwins March 24, 2013 - 12:47 pm

we will have to try that- adding in kombucha! 🙂

Courtney March 24, 2013 - 11:02 am

I love brussels sprouts! They’re so delicious roasted, caramelized to perfection. Yum. Never tried the purple ones, though. Unfortunately, despite my love for them, they don’t always love me back.

I look forward to the workout tomorrow. I tried the 12 minute HIIT legs workout yesterday. Totally underestimated the intensity. My legs were on fire. Keep ’em coming!

purelytwins March 24, 2013 - 12:47 pm

yay Courtney – glad you liked the leg workout!!
We hear ya on them not always loving you back!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table March 24, 2013 - 2:36 pm

I LOVE brussels, but I have yet to see purple ones. Colorful food tastes better. 🙂 About to head out for my weekly shopping trip – will for sure keep an eye out for these!

purelytwins March 24, 2013 - 3:41 pm

totally agree – colorful taste better 🙂

SandraSandra March 24, 2013 - 6:13 pm

How did ur tummy do with the sushi rice?

What’s ur fave English muffin recipe… The egg, psyllkum, chia, flax, carob, etc?

Can’t u post the link from the egg one?

purelytwins March 24, 2013 - 8:13 pm

our tummies seem to do alright with sushi rice, not something we could eat everyday, but do feel it is something we can have from time to time 🙂
favorite english muffin that is tough, as we have liked them all. Guess the favorite has been the one with brown rice protein and psyllium husk mixed in, it is really sturdy and has a nice chew.

AshleyGinger March 24, 2013 - 6:43 pm

Veal? How did you guys go from ethically-driven vegans to eating veal?

GiGi Eats Celebrities March 24, 2013 - 10:41 pm

Purple Brussels Sprouts – NEVER seen these before but I am more intrigued than ever. Aren’t Brussels Sprouts going out of season soon? My Whole Foods doesn’t carry these – although I guess as you said, they’re not much different to the green ones!

Clairerose C March 25, 2013 - 7:29 am

I love brussel sprouts,b ut they always hurt my stomach. I’ll try eating less than 1/2 a cup. I miss eating them. Where did you get that skull and cross bones shirt? I love it!cc

purelytwins March 25, 2013 - 8:52 am

ya a lot of brussel sprouts at one time can be too much for our tummies too. hard not to though as we love them.
and for the shirt you can get it from rawthreads.org 🙂