We are thrilled to share our OVEN baked protein english muffin recipe, as we know many of you do not like microwaves or do not have one. So making our english muffin in the oven works. We tweaked the recipe some but figured it out.
How to make single serving chocolate hemp protein egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free english muffin.
We made a video of us making the oven one, just like our microwave english muffin recipe, so make sure you check it out to see how to make it!
We realized when making the oven version the oven needed to be at a higher temperature to really work. So we increased the oven temperature from 350 degrees to 400 degrees… and it worked! From the video you will see how excited we were. Also, we felt the oven one needed some more structure to help keep it holding its shape. (We played around with a few different oven recipes for it and the one below we feel turned out the best)
With the mix of arrowroot starch and psyllium husk we felt it really created the perfect muffin texture. It was sturdy and had a great chew! You could try it with all psyllium husk and no arrowroot starch, we think that should work too.
Enjoy the video.Print
chocolate hemp english muffin (egg-free, grain-free)
A quick and healthy way to make homemade english muffins. Hemp protein mixed with cocoa powder to create a delicious protein and nutrient packed single serving english muffin that is low in sugar. Gluten-free, grain-free and egg-free.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 1 english muffin 1x
- 2 tablespoons hemp protein powder
- 1 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cocoa or carob powder
- 1/2 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons water*
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, liquid
- add a few drops stevia if you desire some sweetness
- In a bowl or glass measuring cup (is what we used), place all your dry ingredients (protein powder, arrowroot starch, cocoa, psyllium husk, baking soda) into the glass dish. And mix.
- Add in your apple cider vinegar, coconut oil and water
- Continue to stir it all together to form a wet, thick looking batter.
- Pour batter into a muffin pan or ramekin (lightly oiled) into 400 degree oven for about 10-12 minutes. (ours went for 11 minutes)
- Let cool before removing from pan. Then carefully remove from pan and slice in half. Can eat as is with favorite topping or can toast it up. We toasted ours and felt it tasted even better toasted.
- Serving Size: serves 1
A quick and easy homemade chocolate hemp protein english muffin for one!
We love toasting them!! Love the soft and crunchy texture.
And of course enjoying the perfect topping on top of the muffin like cashew cream. mmm so good 🙂
Well, there you have it friend – our single serving muffin recipe can be made in the oven!
We are off to go enjoy our day and excited to hang out with this girl today.
Twins Question: What is one thing you ate this week that you loved? Anyone make any new recipes this week? What do you like to do on your Saturdays?
Obviously we love our english muffins and so many of you are obsessed with them too, which makes us sooooo happy!
til next time,