We are back with a new flavor of our single serving english muffin recipe.
Gluten-free egg-free chocolate single serving protein english muffin
Plus we did a short video of us in the kitchen making the recipe. As many of you requested a video of us making the english muffin. And we aim to please so we hope you like the video 🙂
Make sure to check out our original single serving english muffin.
Chocolate english muffin recipe that serves 1
In the video we show us making our go-to microwave version of our protein english muffins with brown rice protein.
In addition, you will see below we created a new flavor of our english muffin that we feel you will love too!
Inspired by our original english muffin recipePrint
Protein english muffin recipe (gluten-free, vegan, low sugar)
Protein chocolate single serving protein english muffin that can be made in the oven or microwave for a quick healthy treat. This recipe is gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free and low in sugar.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- 2 tablespoons hemp protein powder or brown rice protein
- 1 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa or carob powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons water*
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, liquid
- add a few drops stevia if you desire some sweetness
- In a bowl or glass measuring cup (is what we used), place all your dry ingredients (protein powder, arrowroot starch, cocoa, baking soda) into the glass dish. And mix.
- Add in your apple cider vinegar and water.
- End with adding in your coconut oil. Continue to stir it all together to form a wet, paste looking batter.
- You can cook in the microwave (we did and used the same glass measuring cup to do it in) for 1 minute and 15 seconds, or you can pour batter into a muffin pan (lightly oiled) into 400 degree oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from pan. Then carefully remove from pan and slice in half. Can eat as is with favorite topping or can toast it up. We toasted ours and felt it tasted even better toasted.
- Serving Size: serves 1
A quick healthy snack full of protein and low in sugar.
Enjoy with the best frosting –> cashew lucuma frosting 🙂
We love making single serving/mini recipes to eat. Do you?
What would you top your english muffin with?