mesquite avocado wrap for a healthy snack

purelyworkout-logo

twins-high-plank

Yesterday we did some planking of course 😉

We worked on a new plank style full body workout.

doing-headstands

Practiced some headstands –> A goal of ours is to them with ease so have to practice them a little everyday!

cuteline3-01

eats-logo

We woke up took our morning supplements and made a green juice —> that we forgot to take a picture of. And snacked on some pulp crackers.

eggs-overeasy

Also enjoyed some eggs with baby romaine lettuce with coconut oil.

family-walk

Went for a short family walk to enjoy the day.

postworkout-smoothie

After our workout we enjoyed a simple green protein smoothie. Each of our smoothies was filled with 1/4 banana, water, fresh basil and parsley, some gelatin, l-gluatamine, and perfect fit protein powder.

michelle-smoothieWe enjoyed our smoothies out on the deck… again to enjoy the beautiful day!

jax-dogpark

Took Jax to the dog park for some play time.

making-mesquite-avo-wrap

We came home and made a simple egg mesquite wrap filled with avocado for a lovely random but delicious snack. Soooo good!

Healthy avocado wrap made from 3 ingredients!

fun-egg-avocadowrap

A new healthy snack that we could see ourselves enjoying frequently. We got the idea from Lori’s weird thin pancake/wrap that she made a few weeks ago. So simple and quick to make, which is great for busy days. This snack is protein powder free so a nice change to our other protein powder based snacks.

Healthy avocado wrap:

Pancake:

2 whole eggs or 1/2 cup egg whites

1 tbsp mesquite (or any flour)

Mix together and cook on skillet like a pancake in some coconut oil.

Top with avocado. Wrap and enjoy!

It is fun creating little snacks like this to help bring some creativity into our diet.  And this new fun snack really hit the spot for us. We really enjoyed it.

dinner-grassfed-meat

Dinner was more lettuce, coconut oil, broccoli and turnips with some grass-fed beef. All topped with nutritional yeast.

michelle-eating-brownie

Little bit later we enjoyed our last bit of our chocolate chip mint protein brownies. So sad… guess that means we have to create a new dessert here soon… hehe

Nothing major to report with our health. We are both still figuring things out in terms of getting ‘more’ regular bowel movements and figuring out our skin issues.  We are both doing great and excited about the future.  We know over time we will continue to learn more about our bodies and still living life to the fullest each day!

Twins Question: Anyone else create a fun and random snack lately? How often to change up your eats or do you find yourself eating similar things each day?   Have your tried mesquite? If so, do you like it?

As you can tell, we try to keep our eats similar so it is easier for us to pin point things when we have an issue.  And we love our mesquite!

Oh and happy first day of Spring!!

till next time,

purelytwins

Chris M. March 20, 2013 - 2:42 pm

Haven’t tried a headstand in a long time. Are you doing the tripod method holding the crown of your head in your hands? Must try the pancake, I really like finding new things to snack on. Did the ab workout this morning…whoa Nellie..had to do some modifying, but got it done! Would you consider doing a workout for back fat? 😀
xo

Kelly March 20, 2013 - 3:20 pm

Is the recipe for the wrap one serving? How much avo for one wrap?

So simple, yet so creative!

I never tried using just basil and parsley in a green smoothie. I usualky do kale and spinach. How much of those herbs do u use? Is the taste strong?

purelytwins March 20, 2013 - 3:27 pm

well we just throw a small handful of both basil and parsley, so flavor not that strong since the protein powder helps.
yes the wrap is for one serving, we each enjoyed half avocado, but you can eat as much or as little avocado you like 🙂

Chris March 20, 2013 - 4:30 pm

Any egg and grain free pancake or wrap? I am craving pancakes!!!!

How do you space your eats in terms of time and workout?

Do you use a full serving of PF protein in your smoothies?

I tried mesquite once…it is in my caninet…will have to try it again. I need to think of what to use it in. One of your recipes is coming up 🙂

purelytwins March 20, 2013 - 5:47 pm

still working on that recipe.
our time varies in terms of when we eat and when we workout to be honest. when we workout first thing in the morning it is on an empty stomach and do not eat till one hour after working out.
Yes one scoop PF protein in smoothie.

Kristine March 21, 2013 - 8:45 am

Since I gave up chocolate for lent, I’ve made a variation of your peppermint protein brownies. I swapped cocoa for carob powder and added a caramel extract instead of peppermint. I frosted these bad boys with a blend of pureed rasperries, coconut butter and a little maple syrup. Thanks for the inspiration!

purelytwins March 21, 2013 - 9:49 am

Kristine that sounds amazing! glad you enjoyed the recipe

Paula March 21, 2013 - 2:32 pm

Hello Ladies,

not to criticize you but I noticed by looking at your yoga asanas pictures that you would greatly benefit from taking some Iyengar yoga classes with a teacher to get the correct alignment in asanas. in the headstand picture the elbows are too wide and one of you on the left right elbow is way off to the side, meaning that your shoulders are not in correct position. the elbows have to face straight forward like headlights. it is hard to learn asanas without a teacher as you can’t see yourself in the poses, that is where the teacher comes handy. Love your posts and recipes. Thank you for generously sharing all this info.

Deanna@healthyleanfit March 21, 2013 - 8:45 pm

You girls know I, too, try to keep my eats similar each day and pretty simple. I haven’t ever tried mesquite. Your snacks looks awesome to me!

purelytwins March 21, 2013 - 10:07 pm

simple is best 🙂

amanda j March 22, 2013 - 10:21 am

ohhhh, I’m wondering if I could sub in maca (flour) for something like this? hm, I think I’m gonna give it a go!!

purelytwins March 22, 2013 - 11:05 am

think maca would be good.