enjoying interval walk run + update

purelyworkout-logo

run-workoutpics

Yesterday we felt like moving the body outside… so we went for a interval walk/run. It was another perfect day to be outside.  We used our Gymboss Interval Timer to do an interval workout. We set our timer for 1 minute of walking and 30 seconds of a fast run/sprint.  We did it for about 12 minutes total.

We are both really enjoying these intervals walk/sprint workouts to work the body differently. And doing interval workouts are great for cardio.

A few of you requested for a 15 minute full body workout- so we are going to work on that and have that workout for you guys here soon!  Later today we will be sharing a new 10 minute ab routine on our youtube channel.

cuteline3-01

eats-logo

coconut-flour-donuts

Both of us woke up feeling like donuts.

We grabbed our mini donut maker (we use the brand Bella that we bought from Target a few years ago) and made ourselves our mini cardamom vanilla coconut flour based donuts. We kept them plain (no topping) and played around with the recipe some making them with stevia. We plan to make them again to share an updated recipe.  We split the batch of donuts.  So good. Soft and cake-like.

randoom-snacks

Later we enjoyed water, coffee and some perfect fit protein mush before going on our interval run-walk workout.  We added in 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil to our protein mush. Great pre-workout fuel.

eggswithgreen

Post-workout was eggs and sautéed greens.

pulp-crackers

Also enjoyed lots of veggie pulp crackers with chia seeds.

greemlemonade

Went to Whole Foods to grab some things for dinner and juicing ingredients for the week and snacked on a pre-made green lemonade on the car ride home.

grilled-dinner

Since it was a perfect day we decided to grill again for dinner and enjoy it outside.  Our plates were full of butter lettuce, steamed brussel sprouts, avocado, grilled cod (that we got from Whole Foods), black lava sea salt (we get from Mountain Rose Herbs) and some olive oil. Delicious.

Many of you have asked how we are still doing with our bowel movements and skin. Well, for the most part we are both still doing fairly well in both departments. We seem to go to the bathroom just about every day, not perfect but making progress. And in terms of our skin – we both are doing good. Michelle’s back is just about cleared up, but still struggling with keratosis pilaris on her arms and really bad dry itchy skin a few days a week (it seems to come and go). Lori’s face just had a flare-up but now her face is back to having clear skin, but her back is still struggling to get clear!

So you can see we both are still dealing with skin issues. We are thinking of somewhat going back to eating like we did during our gut healing 30 day journey (though our eats now are still fairly close to what we did during that time) because we feel our bodies need a little bit longer to heal (since we still have these skin rashes we feel our bodies are telling us something still is inflamed).

We will continue to share updates on our skin issues here on the blog as we know others out there are struggling as well.  Once we figure out our own skin issues we will share our findings in hopes that it may help you!

If you have any more questions for us please let us know.

cuteline3-01You guys in action:

instagram love purelytwins

Loving all the instagram pictures!! You guys rock!

Twins Question: Do you do intervals for your cardio? What is your favorite cardio routine?

Chris March 18, 2013 - 10:56 am

Spring is in the air!

Any way to make these donuts egg free?

Any hope for a grain free, egg free pancake? Pleeeease!!!!!

XOXO

Erica March 18, 2013 - 12:02 pm

Sounds like a great workout! I did intervals this AM. Mostly a brief walk, follow by a long run. Up down up down :)Brussels! Definitely one of my most favorite foods

Mandie March 18, 2013 - 12:58 pm

I do intervals on the stair climber. Kicks my butt 😉 I need something to help fight my constant bloating. No matter what I do it looks like I’m six months pregnant! I eat healthy smaller meals throughout the day (I don’t eat gluten anymore) and workout; however I wake up every morning bloated! And it only gets worse throughout the day. Do you have any recommendations? I’ve been following your 30 day healing the gut posts. Did you take the digestive enzymes for this problem? Thanks 🙂

Sandra March 18, 2013 - 3:18 pm

How much coconut oil are u doing a day and do u still do bone broth every day? Marshmallows?

Also, what r ur thoughts on potatoes and squash? Those can be a big help for bm’s and hormonal balance. The body need the carbs… And the body can’t extract enough from veg

purelytwins March 18, 2013 - 5:49 pm

we probably have about 3-4 tbsp coconut oil a day, bone broth about 2-3 time a week, and marshmallows just about everyday!
we have no problem with carbs we were just avoiding potatoes and squashes during our healing, and not have introduced them back into our diet, probably soon though

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake March 18, 2013 - 3:30 pm

Grilled cod sounds so good! Gotta make those donuts…they looks too yummy! And next time I stop at Whole Foods, I’m definitely going to pick up a green lemonade!
You girls inspire me so much! I love how you eat so healthy and care so much about your bodies.

purelytwins March 18, 2013 - 5:50 pm

aww thanks Audrey!! yes give the donuts and lemonade a try 🙂 HUGS

Anna @ Your Healthy Place March 18, 2013 - 3:48 pm

I am the same in how I run – walk/run intervals. I just hate running so this is a great way to get me out and doing some fab exercise without dreading it!

purelytwins March 18, 2013 - 5:49 pm

exactly!!

Meg March 18, 2013 - 8:17 pm

Fatty meats are also excellent for BM’s and when they are grassfed healthy meats are high in Omega-3 which is also very anti-inflammatory.

Deanna@healthyleanfit March 19, 2013 - 7:25 am

You girls really do such a great job of being an example of health! I love that you pay attention to the whole picture. From all of my research on food sensitivities & health recently (as you know I have been on a gut healing journey too), I would agree with you about going back to the basics. You were doing so well and seeing such great changes. You aren’t far from where you were and the transition would be fairly easy! Perhaps eliminating nuts and seeds again. Keeping the avocado since you seem to do okay with that. AND I know it would be difficult, but perhaps eliminating the eggs for 2 weeks. Maybe even just the whites. I’ve heard that nuts, egg whites, nightshades & dairy are often the biggest contributors to skin issues in those who have made so many other changes like you! Best wishes, girls! : )

Chris M. March 19, 2013 - 9:48 am

I enjoy intervals…I do them on my bike. Working on my eats…I’ve gotten into some bad habits…namely too much chocolate. I tried your abs workout this morning. Had time to do the first half, will do the other half tonite. Encellent!! Your arms workout is challenging! I could only do 1 half dive bomber…haha! Wimpy arms…haha! The rest of the time I did girlie pushups. It’s definitely a process:D
You both are such an inspiration to me. Thankyouthankyouthankyou for all your hard work. xo

purelytwins March 19, 2013 - 10:12 am

Thank you Chris for your sweet words! This means so much to us to hear this!! Keep up the great work. When we first starting doing the half dive bombers we could not do very much! You will get there!! xoxo

Brooke March 19, 2013 - 11:49 am

Looove interval workouts! They keep boredom away, get me finished faster (since I am always short on time), and challenge me more than traditional workouts. Keep ’em coming!! Love you gals

Sandra September 7, 2013 - 9:43 pm

Hi! at what speed are you doing the 1 minute of walking? Thank you

purelytwins September 8, 2013 - 11:01 am

for the walk part of the interval we just do a casual walking speed.