adjusting our eats

Started our day with practicing a new workout. Forgot to snap some pictures as we were in rush to get ready for the day.

We had lots to get done this past Friday!

eats-logo

Our day yesterday:

juice-cucumber

Gathered our juice ingredients.

Michelle is taking a break from apples and Lori is taking a break from beets. Both for different health-skin issues. Michelle’s legs are starting to itch really bad again and Lori had a acne flare-up on her face, so after much debate we both thought those items maybe causing us different issues.

our-juicesmorning

Our juices.  It will be interesting to see us avoiding a few different things in our diets to see if either one of our skin issues improves.

breakfast-meat

Little bit later it was shredded brussel sprouts and some grass-fed liver meatballs time.

coffeeAlong with some coffee. We have been enjoying our coffee talks (always brainstorming ideas, recipes, and much more random chatter).

loriwalkingjax

Took Jax on his morning walk.

goat-kefir

Michelle is going to experiment with goat kefir a few times a week to see if it helps with digestion and bowel movements. And I (Lori) am still avoiding dairy.

our-egg-meal

Late lunch was some eggs, arugula, cauliflower, coconut oil and some veggie pulp crackers.

We have been enjoying lots of veggie pulp crackers 😉 funny how they are so addicting

lori-eating-proteinbrownie

Late afternoon snack was some chocolate chip mint protein brownies. Soooo good.

sushi-dinner-rolls

Dinner was our nori sushi rolls that are filled with avocado, sardines, salmon and alfalfa sprouts that we got at Whole Foods. Boy did we forget how much we loved them. Definitely going to enjoy those more.

eating-thinmints

After dinner we enjoyed some protein thin mints.

dessert-brownie

Also had a little more chocolate chip mint protein fudge bars 🙂 Cannot get enough of these! We had to put some away in the freezer otherwise we would easily finish them off!

Do you like alfalfa sprouts?

Did you check out our chocolate chip protein brownies?

Do anything fun this weekend?

til next time,

purelytwins

Mary @ Fit and Fed March 16, 2013 - 11:44 am

Yup, I did have to go and look up your hemp protein fudge bar and the new frosting after reading this. Good stuff! I do like alfalfa sprouts but I never buy them any more because of the food safety issues with E. coli: there have been too many contamination issues with sprouts over the years.

Erica March 16, 2013 - 11:46 am

Interested to hear how the changes impact your skin and bellies! Those brownies- oh gosh- yum!

Kyra March 16, 2013 - 12:41 pm

I am totally addicted to pulp crackers too!

Do u think perhaps the pro powder and/or chocolate could be the culprit? Pro powder tends to cause gi issues for me and cocoa is a known acne provoker. Jut a thought 🙂

Ur meals always look so yummy

Not to get too personal, but how r ur issues with constipation and what seemed to help? The more animal pro and less fruit I eat, the more stopped up i get. So frustrating bc I’m trying to decrease my fruit

Mollie K March 16, 2013 - 1:43 pm

So I finally did it…I went out today and bought 1 can of sardines to see if I liked it as well as Nori wraps. I tasted the sardines plain at first just to see what I was getting into-it was a bit fisher than my typical palate enjoys but I mixed it up with some avocado and mustard and loved every last drop!! What is the secret to the nori wraps? In terms of rolling, cutting cleanly :), and I also felt like the outer edges of the roll were crispy and the middle part where most of the filling was turned softer and I enjoyed that more!

I added more sardines to my grocery list! Have a great rest of the weekend girls.

Mandie March 16, 2013 - 1:51 pm

I love alfalfa sprouts! Did not check out the brownies yet, but will do tomorrow 🙂 Just did the the leg workout and the 12 minute plank! Thanks for the Awesome work ladies!

purelytwins March 16, 2013 - 3:05 pm

awesome Mandie so happy to hear!

Ruby March 16, 2013 - 8:01 pm

I used to have terrible acne, and I mean big purple pimples! I tried EVERYTHING! Proactiv, antibiotics & dietary changes… Nothing worked, which was incredibly frustrating! In a last ditch attempt to clear my skin, I completely cut out all sugar and caffeine… Fruit, agave, carob, coffee, cacao and even stevia and stopped drinking alcohol. I took zinc and magnesium supplements, too. My skin is completely clear now, you’d never know that I’d suffered from acne, if not for a few scars. I find your blog really inspiring and I think you’re very brave for sharing your battle with acne, I know I wouldn’t have been able to when I was in the thick of my acne battle. God bless Xx

Deanna@healthyleanfit March 16, 2013 - 10:05 pm

So fun to see what you girls enjoy together! I hit the farmers market today!

purelytwins March 17, 2013 - 10:17 am