working our butts

purelyworkout-logo

thur workout

Yesterday we held plank for 5 minutes before toning up our booty! Followed this Tone It Up MaliBooty workout!

Anyone else like working the butt?

cuteline3-01

eats-logo

Our day yesterday:

juice

Started our morning with green juice.

me breakfast

We needed some things from the store, so treated ourselves to wholefoods for breakfast again.

cookbook in progress

Then worked on our next cookbook for several hours.

Jax was a great assistant πŸ™‚

raw sweet breads

We of course sampled along the way!

eating-flatbread

So good!

raw flatbreads

We are about half way through the cookbook in terms of making the recipes, photography and clean-up.

fruit-stick

Tried out a fruit strip the mango sunrise flavor. Felt like a kid again eating this – thinking of a fruit roll-up.

bone broth

Enjoyed some bone broth while we did a little computer work in between recipe making.

sweet potato protein cakes

Enjoyed these sweet potato protein muffin cakes after our booty workout.

Surprisingly we did not have an english muffin nor avocado puddingπŸ˜‰

THEN IT WAS TIME…

mint brownie cake

…cannot wait to share this new recipe!

Make sure you check back later today as you will not want to miss this dessert recipe.

tuna-zucchini

Dinner was some mixed lettuce, brussel sprouts, mushrooms, spiralized zucchini, tuna and olive oil.

thin mint dessert cookie

Dessert was more protein thin mints. So happy to have these little guys back in our life πŸ˜‰

beingsilly

We worked our butts off yesterday. We got a lot done so silliness was expected by the end of the day.

Glad everyone liked our new way to enjoy leftover juice pulp and our little humor post.

Laughter is the best medicine right?

be back later

lindsay March 15, 2013 - 8:45 am

ahh twin love! those smiles are priceless! and so is the food, YUM!

Ragnhild March 15, 2013 - 9:10 am

Oh, that new cake looks fab! Cant wait for the recipe later πŸ˜€
I dont do strenght training, just a whole lot of yoga, pilates and walking. I love it when we focus on our butts at Pilates. We did that this morning, and I can reeally feel it now. love it!!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile March 15, 2013 - 9:17 am

Haha aww you girls are too cute!

purelytwins March 15, 2013 - 12:09 pm

πŸ™‚

Cammie March 15, 2013 - 9:45 am

That cake looks AMAZING! How often do you guys eat tuna? I was under the impression that it contains high levels of mercury….eek! I had high levels of mercury (27) and it took two years of avoiding high mercury fish and green juice/detoxing for intervals to bring it down to a still high (7). I did a test from that measures your levels with chelation agents (not fun). I started to eat grouper and tuna 1-2 times in college and it only took a few years for my levels to get too high! BUT getting to my point, I would never want you two to have to go through the same thing! I’m sure you’re aware of it and have your own plan, but I thought I’d see what your opinion is anyways! Blog is great as usual! Glad you two have a chance to hang together:)

purelytwins March 15, 2013 - 12:11 pm

we eat tuna probably about one of 2 weeks or so, we just get it because we like it and for something a little different. yes we are aware of mercury πŸ™‚
thanks Cammie!!

McKel | Nutrition Stripped March 15, 2013 - 9:54 am

Love the recipe for the sweet potato protein muffins! Going to try these for sure after my workout today πŸ˜‰

Chris March 15, 2013 - 10:14 am

I would love to have a sister. The two of you look like you have so much fun together…love that! Looking forward to your next cookbook, love the 1st one. I was so excited when I got home from work…Great Lakes gelatin was waiting for me. I made, used your recipe except used lemon extract and lemon stevia. They are sooo good! Have a great weekend!! xo

purelytwins March 15, 2013 - 12:09 pm

thanks Chris!!! yay for gelatin πŸ™‚ enjoy!

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables March 15, 2013 - 11:51 am

You girls look adorable as always! I can’t wait to hear more about your next cookbook!!

purelytwins March 15, 2013 - 12:09 pm

thanks Liz hugs

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table March 15, 2013 - 1:22 pm

You know I am all about the booty lately!!! I just posted a big ‘ol pic of it on IG. Haha.

I love seeing you guys goof off. Too cute!

purelytwins March 15, 2013 - 1:46 pm

haha oh ya… love the booty πŸ˜‰

sally March 15, 2013 - 8:20 pm

How do u gals make ur bone broth? (What bones do u use, how long do u cook it, do u use a pot or slow cooker, spices/veggies added)?

Also, do u refrigerate it prior to drinking it in order to skim off the fat?

Lastly, how long does it last in the fridge?

Thanks….i cant find a clear answer to these questions and thought u gals would be a good source to consult! πŸ™‚

Im starting on my healing journey now,thanks to ur inspiration!

PS–what brand of mag do u use and did it cause any tummy upset?

purelytwins March 15, 2013 - 8:56 pm

we made our bone broth by getting bones from US Wellness meats, about 2 lbs; used a slow cooker (crock pot). Placed bones into the pot, added in water till it was pretty much filled to the top (left a little bit of room), added 2-4 tbsp apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp sea salt. Let it come to a soft boil then reduce heat and let simmer for about 48 hours.
Yes, we placed done broth in glass mason jars, placed in refrigerator to chill, and took off fat once it was cold. We had ours in the fridge for about 2 weeks.

Mag- did not cause any tummy upsets, we like Magnesium citrate, magnesium glycinate, CALM and used magnesium oil.

We hope this helps!!! Good luck on your journey! You should feel great when done πŸ™‚ HUGS

healthyleanfit March 15, 2013 - 8:54 pm

You girls are sooo cute! Everything looks great!!! Congrats on all that you are accomplishing!

Deanna@healthyleanfit March 17, 2013 - 7:19 am

The new recipes look amazing!!!!