new blog design

Hello luvs!

We hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and hopefully by now everyone has changed their clocks. We definitely enjoyed our beautiful evening last night. Excited for longer evenings! We grilled out and enjoyed dinner outside on the deck. Bliss.

A few Saturday highlights:
dog=training
Jax had a morning group dog training class.

dog-training1

Jax did fairly well for his second group lesson. A big group class and enjoyed perfect weather for some dog training 😉  I am very proud of him and how well he is doing overall. We are making great strides with him and the behavioral issues we were having a few weeks/months ago.

vizsla-in-bathroom

Also took Jax to the dog park for some play time with other dog friends. Afterwards he was one tired puppy.

yummy-mint-marshmallows

Enjoyed lots of mint marshmallows.

A few Sunday highlights:

green juice

Stopped by Whole Foods Sunday morning for breakfast. Grabbed some green juice to sip on before we enjoyed some coffee and the rest of breakfast. Yes Michelle is in Charlotte with me (lori) for awhile.  Oh yay let the fun times begin.

breakfast

Whole Foods – thanks for a delicious breakfast, well part of breakfast. We enjoyed some bacon and sausage from whole foods while coming up to whip up our simple coconut flour egg waffle along with some sautéed kale.

workout

Worked on a new video for purely fit life!

perfect-fit

Post-workout was some perfect fit protein and l-glutamine.

dinner

Another Whole Foods meal was dinner, well got ourselves some delicious grass-fed local steak. We grilled our ribeye steak and enjoyed with some sautéed kale, brussel sprouts and avocado.

beet fudge

Beet chocolate fudge for dessert!

It was a great weekend. I am so excited Michelle is in town. We have so many projects we are working on…. and working on our next e-cookbook.  Along with several Purely Fit Life projects and workout plans for clients!

shouts-outs

Love seeing our instagram love!! Carla that shirt looks great on you!!! And Michelle that english muffin looks great, love the idea of spirulina! And Aspiringsteph –> cardamom is the best, so happy we inspired you to try it out!

twitter-loveLots of Twitter love!!

Also…. check out our NEW BLOG DESIGN AND LOOK!!! We have been working hard on it these past few days. Still work to do but getting a good start.

We need your feedback!

grey-backgoround

Do you like a grey background?

blog redesign

Or white background?

Any things you don’t like about the design? Is it easy to read, as we are still playing around with the fonts, please share any feedback you have for us?

Do you like our new design?

Anyone else enjoy some of their meals outside enjoying the weather?

till next time,

purelytwins

Michelle March 11, 2013 - 10:34 am

I love the new design! I like it with the white background more! I makes all your gorgeous photos pop and the lettering color stand out nicer. Its nice and fresh for spring! Can’t wait for the new video.

purelytwins March 11, 2013 - 12:00 pm

thanks Michelle for your feedback 🙂

Concetta March 11, 2013 - 11:09 am

Like the new design, loads faster, not as cluttered. Think grey background would be a nice change. Font under pictures could be one size larger or bit darker. Clickable font is also a nice change. Nice work ladies! Enjoy your time together.
Happy Jax likes Honest Kitchen. Great food.

purelytwins March 11, 2013 - 12:01 pm

thank you Concetta!! 🙂

ashley March 11, 2013 - 11:21 am

new design looks great! I wonder if the main font could be a little bigger?
I had a blasty this weekend basking in the sunshine as much as possible! So ready for spring…

purelytwins March 11, 2013 - 12:01 pm

thanks Ashley we will make that main content font larger 🙂

Katie March 11, 2013 - 12:08 pm

Oh you girls did it! LOVE! White background for sure! I think it looks neater that way!

purelytwins March 11, 2013 - 5:52 pm

Thank you Katie!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) March 11, 2013 - 12:45 pm

The site looks great! I like the idea of the gray background. I’m a color gal though. 😉

purelytwins March 11, 2013 - 5:52 pm

Thank you Sarena!

Healthyleanfit March 11, 2013 - 12:52 pm

I like the new design! I like it best with the gray because I feel like it makes the rest of it stand out better. I agree with increasing he font size and darkness. It’s a little small and harder to read. Everything else looks great! Have fun!

purelytwins March 11, 2013 - 5:53 pm

Thanks Deanna we will make font bigger!

Stacy March 11, 2013 - 1:32 pm

Is there a way to make the blog Compatible for mobile devices?

The pics also don’t load all the time (i get a lot of blank pictures…. Sad, because u take great pics!)

Also, is there a way to get notifications for blog comments?

Otherwise, looks great!

purelytwins March 11, 2013 - 5:53 pm

Stacy sorry to hear this as we thought it was compatible, but we will look into that.

Stacy March 11, 2013 - 1:35 pm

What’s the new cookbook and when will it be out?

*fingers crossed that it will be a book solely devoted to all ur amazing gut healing recipes and gut healing plan info!!!!! * u gals would make a fortune on that bc so many people are lookibg for easy gut healing plans and lots of them out there are hard to follow or not realistic.. Or not tasty!

I would be the first to buy it 🙂

purelytwins March 11, 2013 - 5:54 pm

Stacy well our next book is more recipes from our bakery that we are sharing, but do plan on working on a gut healing one.

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance March 11, 2013 - 1:45 pm

The new blog design looks great. Personally, I like the different fonts that you’re now using. Very fun!

lindsay March 11, 2013 - 2:05 pm

oh gosh, both look great. switch to grey and then post it! I like to see both. And LOVED carla’s shirt! I need to buy a raw threads shirt for healthy bites! YAY!

Chris March 11, 2013 - 2:11 pm

Love the new design! I like the gray background. Also, it would be great to have your comments highlighted in a different color, as was done previously!

purelytwins March 11, 2013 - 5:55 pm

Ya Chris we are trying to figure that out, not sure why it got lost in the coding.

the delicate place March 11, 2013 - 2:18 pm

overall i think it looks great though my inner design snob is feeling like the font you used for the tabs at the top and to ask your question below the body of the post doesn’t quite ‘fit in.’ nice job though overall! 🙂

Lindsay March 11, 2013 - 2:46 pm

I really love the new design and fonts going on. The only thing I would tweak is the header? I would make it more defined – maybe a larger title or a blocked color on top. Just to make it stand out a bit? It gets a little lost in the ads.

Chelsea March 11, 2013 - 2:49 pm

Great new blog design! Liked it immediately. 🙂 Glad you guys have a chance to be together again…I know how much I miss my sis and value any time we have together.

The one design comment that popped out to me is that the main body of the blog seems too narrow, as though the balance is off between the space taken up by your posts and the side links to recipes, etc. Seems that the right side should take up less space? Just a thought…

jillian March 11, 2013 - 3:14 pm

looks great! i do think the main font could be larger — its a bit hard to read. Also, I love the look of the font for the final questions — but its difficult for me to read. just my two cents! 🙂 have a good day!

Mandie March 11, 2013 - 3:36 pm

I agree with Ashley, could the main font be a little bigger? Love everything is organized. I like both the white and grey, however things pop more with the grey background. Me and my husband been mixing between the 12 minute and 5 minute planks everyday! I’m finally starting to have abs! Thanks ladies!

purelytwins March 11, 2013 - 5:57 pm

Thanks Mandie, and awesome about the planks!

Anna @ Your Healthy Place March 11, 2013 - 3:46 pm

I like the grey or the white background, but probably the grey a little more. The font size is a little too small for me but probably fine for others! I work on the computer all day so I prefer blogs with a bit of an easier to read size of font so I don’t have to strain so hard.

Carolyn March 11, 2013 - 7:51 pm

Hi! I like the gray!

Also, how much p powder do you do post workout?

purelytwins March 11, 2013 - 9:12 pm

Carolyn one scoop.

Audrey Adams March 11, 2013 - 9:25 pm

I love the white background. The gray background doesn’t seem right with me. White background makes things feel crystal clear!
I personally, love the font you are using. The size seems alright too!
Excited for the YOUTUBE VIDEO!!!! YAYAYAYA! So glad you girls are getting into that!

Ruby March 11, 2013 - 9:35 pm

The white one for sure! Xx

McKel | Nutrition Stripped March 12, 2013 - 6:40 am

The new blog design looks amazing! Great work ladies 🙂

purelytwins March 12, 2013 - 10:48 am

thanks!!

Ed March 12, 2013 - 11:44 am

The new design looks good!

kc lea March 12, 2013 - 3:22 pm

hey guys! looks good! the white would look nice, but you may have to rethink the right hand column; it is too wide and fights with the main content (your wonderful posts!) And when the Instagram modules start they seem to be a different width. I think that, for a white page, the content organization has to be super clean, otherwise the grey will help. Good work on the new design 🙂

karina March 13, 2013 - 8:40 pm

Great Blog design and i like the gray background. Awesome eats and i love eating clean like that too!