let the love affair continue

Well fingers crossed that our bodies like avocados as much as our taste buds do.

So far we both feel okay from eating them again. All our skin conditions have remained the same ever since adding them back…so hopefully that means our bodies are okay with them. As we can’t wait to play around with more recipes using avocados.

purelyworkout-logo

toneitup-bikini-abs

Tone it up sandcastle and Itty bitty bikini ab routine was our workout yesterday.

Also did our 5 minute plankworkout as a warmup.

toneitup

Felt great to use weights again after taking a few days off from using them.

cuteline3-01

eats-logo

Lori’s day:

marshmallowsdone

First up was cutting the no sugar marshmallows that I made the night before, and of course I ate two along with my morning pills.

first-smoothie

Next was a green smoothie!!!

Michelle and I were soooo excited to try this again in our diet. We have really missed our smoothies, we just love them!

We are trying it with just half a banana instead of a full banana that we did a few months ago to help cut down a little on the sugar (fructose). Yesterday’s smoothie was about 1 cup water, kale, parsley, 1 scoop perfect fit brown rice protein, half frozen banana and 1/4 cup frozen raspberries. Delicious. Just like I remember them being.

Hopefully this love affair will be able to continue. I know I won’t be able to have one every day, but hopefully I can make it work a few times a week. We shall see.

yummy-lunch

Next meal was a super yummy egg meal with a new recipe. I enjoyed 2 eggs with lettuce, cauliflower, and coconut oil.

newrecipe

We are trying to create a bread/english muffin protein snack. Almost there.

avocadocaconibs

Later in the day I enjoyed a avocado pudding with a twist….added in gelatin. Michelle and I were curious of what the gelatin would do to the texture.

It was delicious. The gelatin made it really thick!!! Michelle and I love very rich and thick puddings, so this was perfect.

tunaplate

Dinner was a plate of mache lettuce, brussel sprouts, tuna, dulse flakes, nutritional yeast, olive oil and some coconut oil.

Overall thoughts of the day:

Good day. Digestion felt strong. Mentally focused. No complaints.

Michelle’s recap –

bananaraspberry smoothie

Started my day with my morning supplements and marshmallows. Like Lori I finally made some more.

Then the TEST –> smoothie time!  As Lori already mentioned we have missed fruit, we have missed smoothies, so we are hoping we can enjoy smoothies from time to time, as we are still watching our fructose intake.

I did 1/2 frozen banana, 1/4 cup frozen raspberry, 3 stalks of swiss chard, handful fresh basil, 1/2 lemon and 1 scoop perfect fit for a nutrient dense green smoothie!

lunch

Next meal was something fun! Lori and I felt like “bread” or at least our version of it. So we scanned our recipes and based off some of our grain-free mini pancakes came up with a more bread like goodie. Not quite perfect but worked for me! It was perfect to have with my egg, cabbage mixed green salad with coconut oil.

My meals only got better as the day went on.

mint avocado pudding

An old time favorite – Mint Avocado Pudding with cacao nibs!!!

We enjoy avocados in so many different ways and flavors.

Seriously one of the best foods and we only pray our bodies like them as much as do!

avocado-pudding

This was beyond perfect!!

I did one whole avocado blended with a dash of water, 1 tbsp gelatin, a drop of mint extract and some stevia. And of course topped it off with cacao nibs!

HEAVEN in a cup!  I could eat this every day!

preview2

This avocado gelatin pudding sure helped give me fuel as Lori and I are making great progress on our new business!

fish salad

Dinner was not as exciting as my other meals but still a winner! I did take my pre-dinner supplements plus enjoyed a cup of peppermint tea before eating.

My plate was full of cooked kale, turnips, raw carrots, mahi mahi, coconut oil and olive oil. Topped with dulse flakes and nutritional yeast!

Overall, I felt great all day. I had energy, almost too much at night that I had trouble falling asleep.

Twins Question: Do you love avocados? What is your favorite food right now?

Michelle March 1, 2013 - 9:39 am

Definately loving anything green right now! I pretty much eat a salad for every meal and absolutely love it! Also can’t get enough Nori or any kind of seaweed with seafood!Yay for nori roll lunches!

LBoogs March 1, 2013 - 10:11 am

So I must say, as a Professional Figure Athlete to see vains in your abs living ‘casually’ is very impressive. I mean as an athlete that is nearly impossible for me to maintain. It is so interesting to see how you’re truly enjoying your diet, not hungry, not depriving and have such ‘sick’ (in a good way) bodies! Very inspiring. ‘I want to be like you guys when I grow up!’

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance March 1, 2013 - 10:26 am

I do love avocados . . . just wish there was a way to keep unused portions from turning so quickly! Guacamole is one of my very favorite dips. I’m currently loving all sorts of seafood right now. I just can’t get enough . . . just this week I had barramundi, scallops, tuna and sardines. And we’re thinking of having sushi tonight. I must be needing my Omega 3’s!

Chris March 1, 2013 - 10:34 am

So happy you are both doing well! Yeah for healing!

Your english muffin looks yummy! I am hoping it is egg free!!!!!!

I love how creamy and decadent avocado is.

Kyra March 1, 2013 - 11:46 am

What’s the recipe for the “bread”? I’m looking for one desperately lol

Also, for the avo pudding, did u heat the gelatin at all? I thought gelatin had to be heated in hot water and then mixed with other ibgredients?

Thanks:)

purelytwins March 1, 2013 - 12:55 pm

we will share this ‘bread’ recipe soon.
for the avo pudding with gelatin – no we did not heat it. we don’t feel you have to heat the gelatin – really comes down to personally preference with texture, as heating helps create a better smoothie texture, as just whipping gelatin in this pudding left a different kind of texture, hard to explain.

Kyra March 1, 2013 - 1:49 pm

What tool do u use to whip the pudding? Vitamix?

Also, what r ur thoughts on adding in squash or sweet potatoes /whitepotatoes again?

purelytwins March 1, 2013 - 3:52 pm

Yes a vitamix, a small food processor could work too. We are hoping to bring back in those starches here soon.

Ali March 1, 2013 - 6:11 pm

This is going to sound so weird, but you two were my inspiration for this idea- I did savory marshmallows (I used an organic vegetable juice that I got at WF)- more like a jello (but I cut it into cubes) and it is a great way to get in the great lakes and some high quality sea salt. I used 4 tbs gelatin in 1 cup of the juice, and added 2 cups of boiling water after it sat. it was awesome!

purelytwins March 1, 2013 - 7:57 pm

not weird at all, we think that is a great idea!! sounds delicious!!

Healthyleanfit March 2, 2013 - 7:27 am

Mmmmnn! Avocado pudding coming back for me soon too!! Cannot wait!! Enjoy!!!

purelytwins March 2, 2013 - 8:42 am

oh yay 😉

Kahu March 5, 2013 - 10:01 pm

Have you guys got any leads on sourcing organic gelatin? I would love to get into it but haver had no luck so far, thanks!