what do I plan to do with my NASM personal trainer certificate

purelythoughts

Thanks again for everyone’s sweet words and congrats! It really means so much to me (and to Michelle) when we hear from our readers and friends.

So…

What do I  plan to do with my NASM personal trainer certificate?

A very good question.

One of the main reasons why I wanted to become a personal trainer because it just felt right. You know on the inside.

ifnotnow

For whatever reason it just made sense to me. It just seemed right, like this is what I was suppose to do right now with my life.

After stopping the bakery (yes we shut down our bakery a few months ago). We have never talked about it here much because it was something we wanted to keep private since it is just our business no one else’s. We hope you all understand.) Since that chapter in my life stopped it was time for me to try another door.

Remember the saying as one door closes another one opens.

Well that is true for me.  Michelle and I have big dreams with getting into the fitness industry.

dreamsyouwork

Michelle and I have been discussing so many different ideas and goals. We will be working hard to make sure our dreams come true.

I have thought of possibly getting a job at a local gym in the area, as well as doing online personal coaching and training. Michelle and I are discussing maybe creating little boot camp style programs for people of all different levels. We are just now writing out all our ideas…kinda like a vision board. That way we have all our goals and dreams in one place.

We have a few other possible ideas of how to reach more of you that are not local. Once we have all the details worked out we will share. We are thinking of ways to be able to workout live with our clients from all over. Hopefully we can figure out a way to make it work. Would that be something any of you would be interested in?

Both of us are really excited about this new life journey and hope to help others reach their best health and fitness potential. Because we all have it in us to look and feel great inside and out!

I feel there are so many  job opportunities in the fitness industry. I am excited to find my way in it and help make a difference.

Michelle and I are working on the name of our personal training program and coming up with a brand new look and feel. We hope to launch it all here in the next few days. Can’t wait to get your feedback!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance February 27, 2013 - 3:02 pm

Wow! That is very exciting news! I know exactly what you mean by something feeling right, in your heart. That’s how I decided to become a health coach. I already have a full-time job, but something was calling me to do this, and I’m passionate about health and wellness already, so it just seemed so RIGHT. Can’t wait to see the launch in a few days.

Lisa February 27, 2013 - 3:11 pm

Not that you asked, but because I’ve done training… I can tell you that you’ll have much more freedom and make A LOT more money per hour if you train people independently (not in a gym). If you go to their house or have them come to yours… you can charge more, connect more, and all that good stuff 🙂

Joy February 27, 2013 - 3:21 pm

I’d totally distance workout with you
What about purely fit

Lisa February 27, 2013 - 4:09 pm

Congrats on the new plans! I think that’s awesome, and you both will do amazing with this new adventure! xo

Carey February 27, 2013 - 4:16 pm

I think some combination of fitness and nutrition would be a successful business model for you two, you know so much first hand information on diet and lifesyle. Offering videos like your 12 minute plank workout and then videos or ebooks on nutrition. Just an idea.

Meghana February 27, 2013 - 4:37 pm

I would be interested in anything where I could work out with you two!The live thing definitely sounds cool and different.

Best of luck and I’ll definitely support you girls 🙂

purelytwins February 27, 2013 - 9:24 pm

thank you Meghana!!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) February 27, 2013 - 9:36 pm

I’m working on the same goals. I absolutely love working with people to achieve their health goals. This has been one of the most amazing things I’ve ever done! You know I always wish you two so much happiness. xoxo

Anna @ Your Healthy Place February 27, 2013 - 9:39 pm

Good luck to you guys – new ventures are so exciting! And I don’t think I’ve said it yet so I’ll say it now – congrats on your certification!

amanda j February 27, 2013 - 10:08 pm

this is awesome! I’d love to workout with you virtually 🙂

purelytwins February 28, 2013 - 8:17 am

wahoo 🙂 HUGS

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance February 28, 2013 - 6:24 am

Eeee! How exciting! I can’t wait to see what kinds of plans you girls have in store for your future. Since I got certified I’ve had a couple different opportunities to use my NASM cert, but none of which felt right at the time. It’s all about timing and finding peace with your pursuits.

Best of luck to you both <3

purelytwins February 28, 2013 - 8:17 am

very true Brittany!! thanks and I hope you find what feels right for you soon 😉 HUGS

Deanna@healthyleanfit February 28, 2013 - 7:23 am

I love that your dreaming and making your dreams come true! I live YouTube for videos! I could definitely see you girls with videos as popular as the “”ZWOW’s”.

purelytwins February 28, 2013 - 8:18 am

aww thanks Deanna 🙂

Jody - Fit at 55 February 28, 2013 - 9:30 am

The possibilities are endless!!! Very exciting for you both!

Meg February 28, 2013 - 9:47 am

I’m really excited to see where you two go in the fitness industry! I’m so excited for the BOTH of you <3 🙂

I'm getting my personal training certification after I finish my undergrad. I'm so excited 🙂 it feels right for me too!

Maybe we can join passions and plan something fitness related through blogging! It would be amazing.

Love you

purelytwins February 28, 2013 - 12:03 pm

that would be awesome!!! 🙂 HUGS

Lindsay February 28, 2013 - 10:21 am

You ladies are so positive and hard-working. I have no doubt you’ll get where you want and achieve everything you set out to do. Way to go!

purelytwins February 28, 2013 - 12:03 pm

thanks Lindsay!!!

Kerri C February 28, 2013 - 12:01 pm

Hey Ladies,

I am currently in the Fitness Industry and have been involved in this industry or the Strength & Conditioning profession for 14 years. I have to admit that I have hit a few bumps along the way but am happy with my decision and what I currently do.
One recommendation I have for you is to attend the IDEA Health & Fitness Association World Convention. It is in LA this year, August 7-11. In fact, last year Raw Threads was there! Any who, it has helped me enormously with ideas for my job and where to go from here type of stuff. It honestly can really help you with developing your ideas, goals, finding new ideas, staying on the cutting edge, and is a GREAT networking opportunity. I believe that about 6000 people from all over the WORLD attended last year. Imagine the people you could meet that could potentially give you that extra little nugget of info or help you with your next step!
Check out http://www.ideafit.com for more. I’ll be there, it would be awesome if you joined us!

purelytwins February 28, 2013 - 12:05 pm

thanks Kerri! we will have to check it out and see if we can go 🙂

Brooke February 28, 2013 - 1:05 pm

Is it something I’d be interested in? Yes!! I would love to work out with you girls live! How fun 🙂

Cat March 3, 2013 - 3:57 pm

That’s fantastic. How did you decide on NASM? I was going back and forth between NASM, NESTA, and ISSA and I haven’t decided which one to take yet.