don’t let others bring you down

Our dear friend Meg is experiencing it as well. Negativity. Yep, we know there will always be people out there trying to bring you down. But we have to stay strong and not let them!

Don’t let others break you. Stay strong.

It is a lot easier said than done. But we are both in a very good place right now in life. ย We tell ourselves that we don’t need others to break us, to bring us down because we have worked so hard to get where we are today and pretty damn proud of ourselves. We have learned so much about our bodies. We feel stronger and healthier than we ever have in our life. Sure we will continue to change and learn…that is what life is all about.

We just have to keep reminding ourselves that haters are going to hate and we won’t let others take away our happiness!

purelyworkout-logo

Another day off to rest the body and focus on getting back on track.

cuteline3-01

eats-logo

Lori’s day:

runnyyolkwithcoffee

lunch

tuesday-snacks

codavocadodinner

Breakfast was black coffee and eggs with a green.

Lunch was romaine, brussel sprouts, coconut oil, sardines and canned salmon.

Dinner was greens topped with cauliflower, half avocado, olive oil, cod and black lava sea salt.

Also enjoyed some apple cider vinegar water, chocolate truffles and Perfect Fit protein gelatin mush.

I did not take my morning supplements, I forgot. But I did take my pre-dinner supplements and magnesium pills before bed. ย Also made up a carob, coconut oil, gelatin mush again for dessert (unpictured)

I am starting to get my groove back and get focused on the future. I am getting all my thoughts organized so I can start moving forward to reach my goals!

breakfast

chocolate truffles

perfectfit

lunch

cacao nibs

dinner

M1 – 2 hard-boiled eggs, coconut oil, and mixed greens.

M2 – chocolate truffles plus perfect fit mixed with gelatin.

M3 – butter lettuce salmon sardines and coconut oil

And spoonful of cacao nibs ๐Ÿ™‚

M4 – scallops, turnips, cabbage and a whole avocado with coconut oil

Did remember my pre-dinner supplements and magnesium pills. Slowly getting back into a routine.

Remember these are our eats. They are weird. They should not look like yours. You need to find YOUR balance.

Life is too short to stress over the little things. Sometimes easier said than done.

We will continue to do our thing no matter what others may say about us.

cuteline3-01

feb 26 shoutouts

LOVE love love seeing these tweets and instagram shout outs! You all rock and you guys help keep us going ๐Ÿ™‚

Twins Question: How do you not let others bring you down? How do you overcome negativity?

til next time,

purelytwins

julie February 27, 2013 - 9:56 am

i just got a HUGE craving for eggs, bacon & brussel sprouts! i wish i wasn’t at work right now and i would totally make myself a huge plate ๐Ÿ™‚ chocolate, eggs & brussels – oh the best things on earth hahah

purelytwins February 27, 2013 - 10:43 am

oh yes they are ๐Ÿ™‚

Caitlin February 27, 2013 - 11:02 am

i didn’t realize you were getting negative comments! i always scan them and they seem to be all very positive and helpful.

i agree, negative people who try to bring you down are not worth your time. this is something that i’ve been dealing with and trying to overcome, too. it’s so easy to get wrapped up in it, but, it’s a waste of time because haters gonna hate ๐Ÿ˜‰

i love both of your positive attitudes and have become such a huge fan of yours. did your 12 min and 8 min plank workouts this morning and loved them. you girls rock.

purelytwins February 27, 2013 - 11:25 am

Caitlin all the comments are not always here on the blog – but throughout other social media outlets ๐Ÿ˜‰

glad you are enjoying our plank workouts! and thank you for your sweet words and support.

dana February 27, 2013 - 11:41 am

you are both rockstars!!!! unfortunately sometimes people feel threatened when people are willing to walk tall and strong on their OWN path simply because they are not doing that themselves … it is never about you and al ways about them!! be proud of you because you have taken a road less travelled and it will make all the difference!shine on girls — you make the world a better place by being YOU!!!

purelytwins February 27, 2013 - 12:54 pm

thanks you so much Dana!!!! hugs ๐Ÿ™‚

Linda February 27, 2013 - 12:11 pm

I am sorry for your negative comments. I too get a lot of negative comments about the way I eat (like I’m just soooo weird). I wish the haters would just keep it to themselves but unfortunately it’s what they thrive on. I love you girls and you give me so much inspiration and ideas. There are so many people out there that support you!

purelytwins February 27, 2013 - 12:56 pm

thank you Linda!!!! oh yes we have weird eats too ๐Ÿ˜‰ xoxo

Linda February 27, 2013 - 12:17 pm

PS. Love the runny egg and greens combo, it is my new favorite weekend breakfast (I don’t have time during the week, I have smoothies). Never would have tried it had it not been for you!! ๐Ÿ™‚

purelytwins February 27, 2013 - 12:56 pm

awesome Linda!!!

Lisa February 27, 2013 - 12:58 pm

When I was a kid, my mom always said that the “mean kids” only picked on others because they were insecure about themselves. I didn’t believe her then, but I sure do now. The amazing thing about living in a free country (world, really), is that if someone doesn’t like you they can click off your page and never come back. If they choose to be mean instead, it is truly a reflection on them. Not you!
Side note, my sister was a person who always stayed true to who she was, no matter what anyone thought or said. I model myself after her (especially when I find the mean peeps bringing me down). On her gravestone is part of this quote, which you’ve probably seen:
“Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who matter don’t mind, and those who mind don’t matter.” -Dr. Suess

Also… I read this article yesterday by my favorite yoga teacher who is also a writer. I love the idea of focusing on giving love rather than worrying about receiving it. The article is about a little different topic, but it’s sorta related!

And in any case… I think you are both inspirational and wonderful together and separately!

purelytwins February 27, 2013 - 1:12 pm

Love that Dr. Suess quote!!! Thanks Lisa!! We will check out that article ๐Ÿ™‚

Kasey@powercakes.net February 27, 2013 - 2:43 pm

You ladies live by the motto of #beTRUEtoYOU <3 Keep up your amazing work. Love you both!!

Lauren February 27, 2013 - 3:53 pm

oh, I can relate… many people judge how I eat and how I live my life (aka healthy whole food living with many food sensitivies..) but, I have just learned to let it go. I feed my kids a healthy diet and I know that people get annoyed when I bring special food for them at different social functions. oh well… I’ve worked VERY hard at keeping them healthy (they have immune disorders) and what people think does NOT define me. I try not to be judgmental of others and would love to get the same respect but unfortunately that isn’t the world we live in. I absolutely love your honesty on your blog and enjoy seeing the different ways you both are incorporating healthy wholesome food and exercise into your life. Life is hectic and we do our best. God sees that, and His opinion is all that matters anyway ๐Ÿ˜‰

miriam February 27, 2013 - 4:18 pm

I’m so sorry about the negativity you two face. Please know that I find you two and your “weird” eats totally inspirational. Just made your marshmallow creme yesterday and am loving putting 1 T into the vitamix with 1.5 cups hot water and a half cup of chai tea concentrate. Such a frothy, creamy, just sweet-enough latte. I also find inspiration in how you both squeeze in effective workouts whenever possible. Please stay strong and know that you have a positive impact on many lives!:-)

Meg February 27, 2013 - 5:33 pm

Sisters, you are two of the sweetest people I know and I cannot wait to be in your arms. Big hugs. BIG BIG BIIIIIG hugs are coming for you at Blend. Is it May yet?

Anyways, it’s people like YOU TWO that keep me going, remind me of all the good there is in the world, and continue to be positive.

I really needed this and you have no idea how much this post means to me. I’ve been reading blogs for YEARS and yours was one of the first. To have you mention me in your blog in such a sweet, kind hearted way brings me to tears. I feel so loved and honoured to know that you refer to me as your sister <3

I love you both so so much and really can never thank you enough for this.

I love you

purelytwins February 27, 2013 - 9:25 pm

oh Meg we love you so much!!! Seriously May can’t be here soon enough ๐Ÿ˜‰ Can’t wait!!!!!
love ya girl, and we are always here for you!!!
HUGS

Melissa C February 27, 2013 - 7:48 pm

I am so sorry to read you gals are receiving negative comments ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™ I really wish people could accept that we are all different, and that’s what makes this world an interesting place. If everyone were the same, it would be a boring place to live. There have been people in my life who have criticized me for some decisions I have made, how I live, how weird my eats are. It has taken a great deal of time, but I have learned that I don’t need these type of people in my life. I only want friends who lift me up, not bring me down. I know it can be hard sometimes, but for every negative comment, there are always more positive ones! You both are so beautiful inside and out and are such an inspiration! Hugs to you both!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

purelytwins February 27, 2013 - 9:26 pm

thank you Melissa for the sweet words, made our night ๐Ÿ™‚ having readers and friends like you make it all worth it for us ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks again!!

Healthyleanfit February 27, 2013 - 8:43 pm

I do just as your doing! I try to focus on what is right for ME!! We are all different and everyone has their own opinions, needs, and preferences. When you are doing what is right for you and loving yourself, you will be able to love others. I often feel that negativity comes from people who are not self-confident or who are not truly loving themselves. It comes from a place of discontent, jealousy, uncertainty! So, be confident that what you are doing is right and keep up with your beautiful personal journey and all that you do to inspire others! You are a blessing!

purelytwins February 27, 2013 - 9:26 pm

well said girl!!! focus on us is key ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks for the love and support!

Meghanne February 27, 2013 - 9:35 pm

Wow, I’m so sorry you ladies are all getting so many non-positive vibes. Not sure what all the negativity is about but hey, just know that you are doing your best and inspiring a lot of us along the way. Blessings to you all.

amanda j February 27, 2013 - 10:06 pm

Lori and Michelle – you both are so wonderful (and I know you know that!). At the end of the day, you two are being true to yourselves, and that’s all that matters. Love you gals and your blog (and recipes!!!). Way to stay positive and focused on yourselves, your goals and who you are ๐Ÿ™‚ xoxoxo

purelytwins February 28, 2013 - 8:17 am

Miz February 28, 2013 - 7:22 am

in a way the cert is like going to law school and not practicing—the knowledge always rocks!!!

purelytwins February 28, 2013 - 8:18 am

yes it does!!

Vikki February 28, 2013 - 8:18 am

I find it funny that the haters keep up with what you are doing. If they don’t like you two, quit reading about you! You are on YOUR journey and no one else’s. We all have our quirky ways and if it’s what makes us happy and feel good then that’s all that matters. It’s too bad the others are wasting their time and energy being negative. Keep doing what works for you!

purelytwins February 28, 2013 - 8:54 am

thanks Vikki!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ HUGS

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! March 1, 2013 - 12:01 pm

I know I’ve always been hyper-sensitive, and not at all good at handling negativity. Which is why I’ve reverted to not sharing a lot on the internet. It saddens me because I love reading about other peoples experiences, and wish I could share my own, but at this point in my life I’m not at a place where I want to put myself in that position.

That said, I truly admire you and anyone who has the courage to share deeply personal things, and stay true to themselves despite the negativity that could come of it!

I think the vast majority of negativity comes from people taking things too seriously, from forgetting that every person is different. It seems really silly to me to criticize others online – what does that achieve? making yourself feel better by making someone else feel badly? Not worth it. So not worth it to indulge these people and get defensive.
Just be you! <3

Cat March 3, 2013 - 3:53 pm

Thanks for the reminder. Sometimes it’s hard not to let others bring you down, and easy to forget!