princess half marathon recap plus cupcakes

preracecoffee

preracemarshmallows

A VERY early morning calls for coffee, marshmallows, and truffles.

We got all dressed up in our princess running gear for the princess half marathon.

handglove

Disney Princess Half Marathon – race outfits.

Raw Threads princess inspired – Lori being Belle (Belle from Beauty and Beast) and Michelle being Cindy (Cinderella)

Plus  wearing a new product – handana . love them! Super cute hand bling too.

believeit

Got ourselves mentally prepared for our half marathon race. And thanks to our Reebok real flex shoes to carry us through.

princess-race

Did our best to take pictures along the way.

We were so focused on just finishing the race, but we did stop to enjoy all the characters and entertainment during the course.

disney-race

The line to take a picture with Belle was too long, so I (lori) just stood off the side.. it worked.. haha

cindycastle

Love running through Magic Kingdom!

uswithstitch

Seeing the characters is always so much fun and we still have that little kid inside us.

bug

michelleandjack

Michelle finally getting a picture with Jack. Her favorite.

usandmedals

post-banana-racefood

Great part about Disney race is the bling …. the medal. And eating bananas haha

medals

We both really enjoyed the Princess medal this year, thought they did a great job with it. Pretty isn’t?

uswithmedals

We are so proud of ourselves for pushing through the run, we admit it was a tough race for us for several reasons. But we were determined to do it. During the race we went through periods of feeling strong and other moments we struggled. We tried to do a 2:1 (run for 2 minutes and walk for 1 minute) for majority of the race. We did walk at just about every water station and ended up walking the last 2 miles, as all of us were loosing steam and did not want to overdo our bodies. The previous 3 days of work was finally hitting all of us.

Not our best race ( this was Lori’s 5th half marathon and Michelle’s 6th half marathon race)  but we are ok with that, as like with all our other races we have done we don’t put pressure on ourselves as we do not look at ourselves as runners. We just go out there to have fun and give it our best effort.

We were not really worried about setting new PR’s for running as it is not our true workout passion, just something we like to do from time to time. One main reason why we like to do Disney races because they are fun. We do like the whole marathon race ‘energy’ and do like to run to challenge the body differently.   We said this will be our last half marathon… but we said that at the last one. So you never know with us.

lori-cupcakes-babycakes

Another great highlight from the weekend, besides finishing the princess half marathon was getting some Babycakes gluten-free vegan cupcakes at the downtown disney shop.

Oh yay bring on the cupcakes!

babycakes-downdisney

So many choices but we went with a vanilla glazed donut, chocolate brownie cupcake, red velvet cupcake and lemon cupcake. That we shared 3 ways with our older sister. Everything was delicious.

dinner

More weekend celebrations continued with a dinner out.

We enjoyed lots of sushi and sashimi and a few glasses of wine. Delicious.

babaycakedessert

And took home a few more Babycakes goodies to split was carrot cake cupcake (the best one) and cinnamon bread. Perfect way to end a long day!

We had a great and very long weekend! We really enjoyed the Disney Princess half marathon race as it was our first time running that particular race. We have ran in other Disney races and have really enjoyed them. The only thing we wish was that this particular course was that it went through more of the park, or at least more of the Magic Kingdom park. Maybe they will change that in the future 😉

Now time to get back to our normal routine around here.

See the last time we were at the Disney Princess  half marathon.

Twins Question: What is your favorite cupcake place? Favorite cupcake flavor?  Who else loves Disney?

purelytwins

janetha February 25, 2013 - 4:29 pm

Love all the pics with the characters! That looks like an absolute blast. So glad you ladies got to spend quality time together, too.

purelytwins February 25, 2013 - 4:33 pm

thanks girl! we had a great time 🙂
and yes love the sister bond time!!!

the delicate place February 25, 2013 - 4:36 pm

nicely done! i could totally not do a HM right now lol even walk it. i still can’t do much exercise bc of my hamstring. i have lost so much muscle mass it’s sad! i look so scrawny blahh :/

i’m not a cupcake eater actually, i hate cake! i didn’t even have a cake at my wedding! had brownies/cookies/other treats instead 😉

purelytwins February 25, 2013 - 4:51 pm

haha too funny about the cupcake 😉 we love anything sweet haha
sorry to hear about your hamstring still giving you problems. hopefully it gets better for you soon so you can gain that muscle back!!! HUGS

Caitlin February 25, 2013 - 6:45 pm

you girls looked so adorable! and the medal is super cute, too. i agree with you about not doing the race for a new pr, just something fun to do with sisters 😉

i’ve never done a 1/2 marathon, but the disney princess one looks so awesome. i’m a huge disney fan and would stop to take pictures with all of the characters, too!

all the goodies from babycakes look unbelievably amazing. i think my first choice would have been the carrot cake cupcake, too 😉

purelytwins February 25, 2013 - 7:52 pm

thanks Caitlin! oh yes carrot cake cupcakes is the best!

Lindsay February 25, 2013 - 7:56 pm

Sister time is the best – even more so at the happiest place on Earth 🙂 I love your philosophy about just getting out there and enjoying the run together without worrying about place or time. And love the outfits!

Chris February 25, 2013 - 9:21 pm

Congratulations!!! I love Disney.

And for the cupcake…classic yellow cupcake with vanilla frosting is so comforting. Although the vanilla frosting with the little rainbow candy specs is yummy. Your carrot cake cupcake looked amazing though…perfect for a special Disney race occasion.

Have a safe trip back!

Lisa February 25, 2013 - 9:51 pm

Looks like a great time! I think I’d take the same approach to the race, especially one at Disney! So many things to look at along the way!
I love cupcakes… but I can’t remember the last time I ate one that I bought. I think I’d have to go for the babycakes… 🙂

Meghanne February 25, 2013 - 10:31 pm

Great work ladies! You rocked the 1/2 in style! OMG Cupcakes are my second weakness…first being coconut milk ice cream. Best cupcakes I’ve found besides my own chocolate coconut flour paleo cupcakes is also Babycakes. I’m a vanilla cake chocolate frosting sort of gal myself.

I love Disney too. In fact I tried to register for the same race a few months back and it was sold out. I’m just down the road in Ft Myers…I’ll try again for next year. Glad you had fun.

purelytwins February 26, 2013 - 8:16 am

thanks Meghanne! yes try for next year!!!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table February 26, 2013 - 12:20 am

This makes me want to do the race next year! It looks like a blast. Congrats to you both. 🙂

Sushi and wine, well deserved. My favorite way to celebrate too. 🙂

purelytwins February 26, 2013 - 8:16 am

thanks Laura 🙂

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables February 26, 2013 - 9:27 am

That looks like SUCH a fun race!!! How cool!!

There is a little local cupcake place in Richmond that makes great vegan and gluten free cupcakes, called Frostings. I love it!

Cammie February 26, 2013 - 10:41 am

I love babycakes. I went to Universal last week and wanted to go to Disney after, but I realized driving 20 minutes out of the way in traffic might be a bad idea…I’m a chocolate chocolate kinda gal myself. The HM looked like so much fun!! It’s nice you two can remember to live in the moment and allow some splurges;)

Heathy February 26, 2013 - 2:57 pm

This looks like so much FUN! I went to disney world when I was 9 and now I want to go again after seeing your pics 😀 Congrats on the half marathon you girls are so inspiring. I wish there was a Babycakes bakery nearby, everything looks so delicious!!! xoxo

purelytwins February 26, 2013 - 4:37 pm

thanks Heathy! oh those baked goods were so yummy 😉

Danielle March 1, 2013 - 12:17 pm

Looks like you both had an awesome time at the Princess Half! I did the race for the second time this year- feel free to check out my recap on my blog! What has been your favorite Disney race? I’m looking into possibly the Tower of Terror or the Wine and Dine!

purelytwins March 1, 2013 - 12:56 pm

we have not done with TOwer of Terror, but have done the Wine and Dine the first year they did it, it was fun. So far the princess has been our favorite.