How to make homemade low sugar chocolate covered beet fudge with real foods.
Chocolate covered beet fudge bites that are vegan, gluten, grain-free and mostly raw !
Learn how to make the easiest chocolate covered fudge made from beets, which makes them naturally pink.
These little fudge bites are pretty on the eyes, don’t you agree?
Perfect for a special Valentine’s Day sweet treat.
Just when you thought our love and recipe creation using beets was done we think of this idea!
Be Mine Valentine Day Fudge Recipe.
Drool worthy fudge! Promise these little guys won’t last long 🙂
They are soft and creamy with a touch of sweetness from the stevia and the dark chocolate sauce on top makes it one happy party in the mouth. Now you don’t have to put the chocolate sauce on top, the beet fudge is pretty darn tasty on it’s own too. But chocolate makes everything better, right?
Oh, and pair these fudge bites with some wine… creates for an even better celebration! oh picturing that right now! Eeeek! We are so thrilled how well using beets to replace the pumpkin in our original fudge recipe worked!
What is not to love! Chocolate! Creaminess! Sweetness! Pure heaven if we say so ourselves.
Inspired by our very popular and super easy pumpkin pie fudge recipe that so many of you made and loved!! And now we think you will love this version just as much!
The chocolate sauce on top just completes these beet fudge pieces.
So rich and oh sooo creamy! Dust with some cocoa powder for a more dramatic look.
We also used stevia in the fudge part to help make them lower in sugar, but feel free to use 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite liquid sweetener.
Chocolate Covered Valentine Beet Fudge Bites sweetened with stevia
This recipe for beet fudge bites was inspired by our homemade pumpkin pie fudge
Chocolate sauce recipe here
Low sugar Chocolate Covered Valentine Beet Fudge Bites (gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, vegan)
A healthy treat for Valentine’s day. Low sugar gluten-free vegan beet fudge covered in a homemade dairy-free chocolate sauce. Chocolate covered beet fudge bites!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
Beet Fudge Ingredients:
- one heaping cup of chopped steamed beets (about 8oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia
- 2–3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup softened coconut butter + 1 tablespoon (about 5 oz) *could do coconut oil
- 1–2 tablespoons water ( I did two) ** you could do 1 tablespoon maple syrup if desired
Dark Chocolate Sauce ingredients:
- 6 tablespoons raw cacao powder (1 oz) **could use regular cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar (could use maple, agave or honey) (3oz)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, liquid (around 2 1/4oz)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make beet fudge:
- Skin and chop your beets, and steam until tender.
- Place all ingredients into a Vitamix.
- For the coconut butter soften it first before measuring out 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon. I added the one tablespoon because the 1/2 cup made it just a tad too soft so think adding in that extra tablespoon should help.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. This works best if all ingredients are at room temperature.
- Pour into your pan of choice. I used individual cheesecake mold pan.
- Set in freezer or fridge for 3-5 hours, or until firm to touch.
- Remove from pan. Or if you used a regular pan you can cut into slices and carefully remove.
make chocolate sauce
- Gather ingredients into a large bowl and stir well.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce with a over your beet fudge pieces with a spoon.
- By using coconut nectar the chocolate sauce will be really thick and sticky, FYI, but oh sooo good. Highly recommend licking the chocolate sauce bowl when done, hehe.
- If you have any leftovers, store in refrigerator for 5-6 days.
set-time for fudge: 3-4 hours in freezer (leave in refrigerator)
Happy “early” Valentine’s Day from our kitchen to yours! As everyone deserves a little love and sweet treat!
More great recipes we love:
Pumpkin pie fudge (semi-raw)
Beet juices (raw)
And check out all these yummy looking Valentines Day Treats from our girls K and K!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow filled with lots of chocolate!! We are excited to have some 😉