Be Mine Chocolate Covered Valentine Beet Fudge Bites

How to make homemade low sugar chocolate covered beet fudge with real foods.

How to make homemade low sugar chocolate covered beet fudge with real foods. Rich and creamy fudge recipe with a dark chocolate sauce a top. A dessert recipe to please everyone.

Chocolate covered beet fudge bites that are vegan, gluten, grain-free and mostly raw !

Learn how to make the easiest chocolate covered fudge made from beets, which makes them naturally pink.

These little fudge bites are pretty on the eyes, don’t you agree?

beet-fudge-bites

Perfect for a special Valentine’s Day sweet treat.

Just when you thought our love and recipe creation using beets was done we think of this idea!

Along with our beets donuts  and peppermint layered cream cake that are other favorites of ours to enjoy beets in a different way. What can we say we do love our beets in a variety of ways.

How to make homemade low sugar chocolate covered beet fudge with real foods. Rich and creamy fudge recipe with a dark chocolate sauce a top. Great recipe for Valentines Day.

Be Mine Valentine Day Fudge Recipe.

Drool worthy fudge! Promise these little guys won’t last long 🙂

They are soft and creamy with a touch of sweetness from the stevia and the dark chocolate sauce on top makes it one happy party in the mouth.  Now you don’t have to put the chocolate sauce on top, the beet fudge is pretty darn tasty on it’s own too. But chocolate makes everything better, right?

Oh, and pair these fudge bites with some wine… creates for an even better celebration! oh picturing that right now!  Eeeek! We are so thrilled how well using beets to replace the pumpkin in our original fudge recipe worked!

What is not to love! Chocolate! Creaminess! Sweetness! Pure heaven if we say so ourselves.

Inspired by our very popular and super easy pumpkin pie fudge recipe that so many of you made and loved!! And now we think you will love this version just as much!

The chocolate sauce on top just completes these beet fudge pieces.

So rich and oh sooo creamy! Dust with some cocoa powder for a more dramatic look.

We also used stevia in the fudge part to help make them lower in sugar, but feel free to use 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite liquid sweetener.

Chocolate Covered Valentine Beet Fudge Bites sweetened with stevia

beet-fudge

This recipe for beet fudge bites was inspired by our homemade pumpkin pie fudge

Homemade coconut butter recipe here

Chocolate sauce recipe here

Low sugar Chocolate Covered Valentine Beet Fudge Bites (gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, vegan)

A healthy treat for Valentine’s day. Low sugar gluten-free vegan beet fudge covered in a homemade dairy-free chocolate sauce. Chocolate covered beet fudge bites!

• Prep Time: 10 minutes
  • Total Time: 10 minutes
Scale

Ingredients

Beet Fudge Ingredients:

• one heaping cup of chopped steamed beets (about 8oz)
  • 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia
  • 23 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup softened coconut butter + 1 tablespoon (about 5 oz) *could do coconut oil
  • 12 tablespoons water ( I did two) ** you could do 1 tablespoon maple syrup if desired

Dark Chocolate Sauce ingredients:

• 6 tablespoons raw cacao powder (1 oz) **could use regular cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup coconut nectar (could use maple, agave or honey) (3oz)
  • 1/3 cup coconut oil, liquid (around 2 1/4oz)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions

To make beet fudge:

1. Skin and chop your beets, and steam until tender.
  2. Place all ingredients into a Vitamix.
  3. For the coconut butter soften it first before measuring out 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon. I added the one tablespoon because the 1/2 cup made it just a tad too soft so think adding in that extra tablespoon should help.
  4. Blend until smooth and creamy. This works best if all ingredients are at room temperature.
  5. Pour into your pan of choice. I used individual cheesecake mold pan.
  6. Set in freezer or fridge for 3-5 hours, or until firm to touch.
  7. Remove from pan. Or if you used a regular pan you can cut into slices and carefully remove.

make chocolate sauce

1. Gather ingredients into a large bowl and stir well.
  2. Drizzle chocolate sauce with a over your beet fudge pieces with a spoon.
  3. By using coconut nectar the chocolate sauce will be really thick and sticky, FYI, but oh sooo good. Highly recommend licking the chocolate sauce bowl when done, hehe.
  4. If you have any leftovers, store in refrigerator for 5-6 days.

Notes

set-time for fudge: 3-4 hours in freezer (leave in refrigerator)

Happy “early”  Valentine’s Day from our kitchen to yours! As everyone deserves a little love and sweet treat!

NEW blog signature-01

More great recipes we love:

Pumpkin pie fudge (semi-raw)

Pink  Marshmallows made from beets

Beet juices  (raw)

Peppermint Layered Cheesecake (raw)

And check out all these yummy looking Valentines Day Treats from our girls K and K!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow filled with lots of chocolate!! We are excited to have some 😉

teri [a foodie stays fit] February 13, 2013 - 5:22 pm

these are so cute!! i love the hot pink color. I really wish you two could just be my live-in cooks. 🙂

Chef Amber Shea February 13, 2013 - 5:58 pm

These are GORGEOUS! So festive, and they sound scrumptious too. 🙂

Miz February 14, 2013 - 7:16 am

HAPPY HAPPY HEART DAY to two women I adore.

Carla

purelytwins February 14, 2013 - 9:10 am

love ya Carla!!!

Chris February 14, 2013 - 9:29 am

Happy Valentine’s Day!
Can you make the chocolate sauce with stevia? How so? Does it harden?
I need to get some beets 🙂

purelytwins February 14, 2013 - 10:40 am

Ya I think doing sauce out of stevia is fine, it will probably get harder than using a liquid sweetener.

Chris February 14, 2013 - 9:30 am

About how many does it serve? How many little cheesecake rings did you get out of it?

purelytwins February 14, 2013 - 10:40 am

I think I got 9 mini fudge pieces, I will update recipe now saying that 😉

Erica February 14, 2013 - 10:30 am

How gorgeous are these???? Happy Valentine’s day

purelytwins February 14, 2013 - 10:40 am

Thank you Erica 🙂 Happy Valentine’s day to you too!! xoxo

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist February 14, 2013 - 11:21 am

That fudge is just too pretty! I may have to conquer my fear of beets! 🙂 I seriously think I’m going to have to make these

Johnathan @ 84 lbs in 84 Days! February 14, 2013 - 12:44 pm

I found you on twitter and just read this recipe. I’m supposed to bring the kids to a Valentines party at my wife’s school. I’m thinking about making these to surprise the kids with. They sound good and I have nearly every ingredient. Quick question, you mentioned coconut nectar or agave. I have agave and I have coconut oil, if I use those instead of the homemade coconut butter, should I do anything to modify? I want these to taste the best that I can with what I have on hand.

purelytwins February 14, 2013 - 1:03 pm

awesome Johnathan, and yes you can use coconut oil instead of the coconut butter so you can do the 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp coconut oil, and the agave would work in the chocolate sauce as well, there is no need to do anything different for that. And for the beet fudge part you could use 2-3 tbsp agave in fudge if you do not want to use stevia, or you could do a combo, really just taste the batter as you blending it to see if it is sweet enough 🙂

Johnathan @ 84 lbs in 84 Days! February 14, 2013 - 1:37 pm

Thank you for getting back to me! This will hopefully set up in time… if I hurry.

Amy July 23, 2013 - 1:46 pm

Our readers love your recipes! You gals are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us, and keep up the great work. 🙂

purelytwins July 23, 2013 - 2:29 pm

Thank you Amy!

5 Ways to Have a Successful Vegetarian BBQ This Labor Day August 27, 2014 - 10:35 am

[…] it seems that, as the days progress, these recipes get more and more mind blowing. This recipe for Chocolate Covered Beet Fudge Bites did just that. I don’t know many people who hate fudge, so your guests will jump at the chance to […]

Julia October 12, 2014 - 10:46 am

What did you sprinkle on top of it, and what is the best way to peel beets without staining everything around?

purelytwins October 12, 2014 - 12:01 pm

They are sprinkled with cocoa powder. Best way to cut peels is to use gloves if you do not want to stain hands. EIther way beets are messy 🙂

4 ingredient homemade fudge with secret ingredient | purelytwins January 13, 2015 - 2:43 pm

[…] As you can tell we adore our quick and simple homemade SOFT and CREAMY fudge recipes from our pumpkin pie fudge and our red beet fudge with chocolate sauce. […]

Deepaa February 11, 2015 - 5:07 pm

These look great!
Is there a reason to cook the beets? Could the beets be raw and finely shredded?

purelytwins February 12, 2015 - 9:16 am

cooking them just helps with keeping the texture really creamy

21 Sneaky Vegetable Recipes - RunToTheFinish June 22, 2016 - 7:56 am