bringing avocado back into our diet

purelyworkout-logo

booty-workout-toneitup

Friday morning booty workout! Thanks to the Tone it Up girls!! My butt feeling tight and firm 😉

butt workout

cuteline3-01

eats-logo

Lori’s Day:

Took my morning pills and fermented cod liver oil.

stevia-marshmallows

Snacked on two stevia marshmallows.

swiss-chard-jucing

Swiss chard juice was next. Juice was one huge swiss chard leaf, one fennel stalk, 1/4 fennel bulb, 5 small carrots, head of romaine and half cucumber.

eggs-kale-coconutoil

After I enjoyed my juice I made myself my eggs (enjoyed both egg yolks raw) with ground turkey (from US wellness meats) and kale, with coconut oil.

eating-liver

Lunch was again shredded brussel sprouts with beef liver meatballs and coconut oil, and added in some sliced steamed turnips. So good. I really look forward to this meal. So satisfying for me lately.

plain-avocado

Mid-afternoon snack experiment — 1/4 plain avocado.

It has been a good 2 weeks since Michelle and I took out eating avocado during our healing the gut journey. We have been really wanting to bring it back to see how our bodies do.  And after eating this plain avocado I did not notice any immediate body reactions. Of course, some things could take a day or two to notice in the body, so I plan to keep eating avocado and watch how my body does! Fingers crossed my skin and tummy like it as I love my avocado!

training-vizsla

We had some dog training last night and came home to practice some of the new training techniques with Jax. We are trying to teach him that it is ok to chew his toys around us, that we will not take it away from him. As every time we give Jax a new toy he runs off into another room like he is afraid of us taking his toy away. So our trainer gave us some things to try, like leaving the leash on and making him stay with us as he gets his toy.  Trying to build up our trust with Jax. Still working on some behavioral problems but making progress.

mahi-tuna-lettuce

Dinner was leftover tuna and mahi along with some butter lettuce and cauliflower. Topped with sea salt and olive oil.

kombucha-margarita

Also enjoyed some kombucha with tequila, again my drink of choice lately and our girl Felicia enjoyed some too 🙂

perfectfit-dessert

Dessert was some perfect fit protein with a little coconut oil. 🙂 so good!

Lori’s recap:

Again, had a great day and a alright bowel movement in the morning, not as good as the day before. I had no issues during the day, besides feeling a little off in the car coming back from dog training. But as the night went on, I felt fine. Went to bed feeling great and woke up this morning feeling really good. I drank 9 cups of water (not including juice) and remembered to take my evening supplements and probiotic and magnesium pills before bed. Again, still going to experiment with having no ghee (yesterday was my first day without having it) and now trying avocados for more variety of fat in my diet.

Michelle’s eats from Friday:

friday eats

I enjoyed a simple carrot and cucumber juice with my egg scramble with ghee for breakfast.

Lunch was the same wonderful plate of meatballs and veggies with coconut oil. (click here for liver beef meatball recipe )

Snack was 1/4 avocado.

Dinner was same as  yesterday – salmon and veggies.  I also enjoyed a kombucha margarita with my dinner as well as a Perfect Fit protein mush like Lori! I was just lazy to take pictures.

avocado

In between lunch and dinner I enjoyed 1/4 avocado.

As Lori mentioned above we decided to bring them back….and felt fine after eating it! So hopefully they are good to go for me.

Michelle’s recap – Started my day with morning supplements and enjoyed sugar-free marshmallows. Drank 8 cups water. I did have two bowel movements! One big one in the morning and another after dinner!! Who am I?? This is just so exciting for me.

Sorry but for someone who suffered for years of not going this is a miracle!  My digestion did not start off well, but strangely it got better as the day went on. And since going to the bathroom some after dinner I was starving!  So having the Perfect Fit snack helped satisfy me. I did take my pre-dinner supplements and took magnesium pills .  I also want to mention I am starting to take HCL pills before I eat some of my meat based meals, and last night was my first time. And great results!  Overall I had a great day!

cuteline3-01

naturalbalanceddrink

Cheers Felicia 🙂  Glad you liked our drink idea! xoxo

Which she is asking for everyone to sign a petition to recognize acupuncturists as healthcare providers. We signed it, and if you have the time to help out that would be great!!

blog lovin

Always so nice to receive the amazing sweet, inspiring messages from our followers every where! We love you all! And appreciate each and everyone of you.

Especially loving seeing many of you enjoy our cookbook recipes! xoxo

Twins Question: What meal was a favorite of yours yesterday? Are you enjoying anything new lately? Any fun plans for this Saturday?

til next time,

purelytwins

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance February 9, 2013 - 12:19 pm

Yay for avocado coming back! That would have been a tough one to give up entirely. The best thing I ate yesterday was a bunch of butternut squash fries at dinnertime. Why is winter squash so incredibly good?!? Have a great weekend. 🙂

purelytwins February 9, 2013 - 12:35 pm

Michelle sounds wonderful!! Winter squashes are the best, we hope to try them again soon.

Felicia February 9, 2013 - 12:40 pm

thank you so much ladies!! appreciate your support SO much, this made me so happy. thank you!!

Kyra February 9, 2013 - 12:47 pm

Yay for avos and poops! 🙂 Michelle, that is great that ur gut is doing so well. I know u had some tough times at the beginning of all this due to traveling, so it is fantastic that ur gut is catching up now. Woot!

What brand of hcl and how many cap are u taking? Do u take it before or after eating?

And do u gals take ur enzymes right before eating or do u wait like 10min after u take them to then eat?

How are u liking the GOL enzymes?

Kyra February 9, 2013 - 12:59 pm

Since u r doing ground turkey, this recipe might be a good change for breakfast:

I tried it before when I was on scd and it’s really great. Spread some avo on top, add some greens sautéed in vco (or when u can tolerate it, mix avo with sauerkraut for an awesome “dressing”) and u have there a yummy meal.

The turkey u have…. Is it pastured? And is it dark or white meat?

Lindsay's List February 9, 2013 - 2:11 pm

I love that you’re so excited about poop, Michelle! 🙂 it makes me smile!

purelytwins February 9, 2013 - 6:01 pm

haha thanks girl poo poo dance over here 🙂

lindsay February 9, 2013 - 6:54 pm

hehe me too! Tequila, kombucha, booties, and POOP!

Carey February 9, 2013 - 6:21 pm

Wish I liked veggie juice more, every time I have it,I gag on it, just can’t find a way to enjoy it. I’ve eliminated all grains (been GF for years) and sugar except some fruit) from my diet in the last month for health reasons (GI). Relying on roasted veggies a lot lately, cauliflower, broccoli, sweet potatoes and winter squashes. Unfortunately the excess amount of all of that has wrecked havoc on my GI, and now I have to look at the FODMAP thing, it sure is tricky figuring this all out, so kudos to you both! Being an athlete makes it trickier too, I need some carbs in my diet for endurance.
What is your impression of US Wellness Meats, worth the extra money?
Thanks for your honest and indepth posts, very helpful.

Kyra February 10, 2013 - 6:57 am

Carey, I feel ur pain. I cant tell if I react to salicylate, phenols, histamines oxalate or what

What are u able to eat?

chris February 9, 2013 - 9:26 pm

I also take HCl and find that it really helps. I also find gentian root powder is a great way to stimulate your body to make its own HCl (it is a bitter, and, yes, it tastes it, too…just mix a little something sweet). It really helps with digestion. Also, tarragon essential oil is good.

Did you girls ever try (gasp) eliminating eggs? Did you ever think of taking a break from them?

How do you overcome the “want/need” to have something that you are eliminating or know upsets your stomach?

Kyra February 10, 2013 - 6:55 am

Chris. What brand of hcl do u take and do u take it before or after meals?WhWhere do u get gentian root?

Cammie February 10, 2013 - 8:46 am

I noticed your #booty and I had to laugh to myself cause I have to ask….since eating more meat do you feel like you two have more of a booty? Cause I’ve recently been eating more animal protein and I feel like my butt has gotten bigger!! I’m def not complaining, but I feel much more curvier when I eat meat.

purelytwins February 10, 2013 - 9:21 am

haha to be honest I haven’t really noticed it that much different, really I feel my whole body is just stronger 🙂 love the curves too

Cammie February 10, 2013 - 8:49 am

Also HCI was the cherry on top of the digestion sundae for me. It has helped SO much with bloating and every time I run out and don’t have it for a few days I can tell my belly misses it!

purelytwins February 10, 2013 - 9:20 am