we did it, we loved it…will we enjoy it again?

purelyworkout-logo

Thursday workout was some equalizer action and plank cardio 12 minute workout of ours!

Love working on the equalizer. It challenges my body in such a different way.  Which I am feeling sore today from it 🙂 Oh ya love the feeling of really working the muscles.

Every time you get dressed and put your shoes on REPEAT to yourself “I got this” because your body can do amazing things if you BELIEVE!!

Lori’s day:

After doing my morning workout I took my morning supplements and pills before getting to juicing.

Enjoyed some stevia based marshmallows.

Gathered my juice ingredients. I am taking a little break from juicing beets at the moment.

I made a simple carrot cucumber romaine juice with a hint of fennel! I added in some coconut oil to the juice too.

After my juice I made myself my 2 eggs cooked in ghee and added in some ground turkey. Michelle and I are trying to add in a little more protein to our breakfast to see how we do. I was full for hours with this meal!

Lunch was some of Michelle’s and my liver meatballs.

My meatballs were made with ground beef and chicken livers that I got from Whole Foods. I enjoyed them with sauteed shredded brussel sprouts and coconut oil.

Late afternoon snack was a not-so-pretty snack. Sorry about that. Very random too I know. It was one egg and some coconut oil. I enjoyed this little snack as I just felt like an egg and oil (and trying again to increase overall calories and protein/fat for my day).

Jax my trouble maker buddy. Don’t let that cute little face fool you 😉

I worked and studied all afternoon while my partner in crime took a nap.

*please excuse the wood/stick pieces all over the floor–told you Jax is a little trouble maker

Dinner was lightly seared tuna steak with cauliflower and sautéed greens all topped with olive oil. And ended up adding some black lava sea salt.

Before bed I enjoyed more marshmallows and made up a gelatin-water mix with some l-glutamine and added in a little coconut oil. Random I know, but it works.

Lori’s recap:

I enjoyed my day with no issues really! No headaches or nausea feelings!! I had a good bowel movement in the morning. I had no gas or bloating, just pure energy and was able to really focus to get things done! Each meal I was completely satisfied while eating it and full for several hours! My face is still doing really well, no issues to report. My back is still causing me issues.  There  are days when I feel it is getting better but then moments when I feel it is the exact same or worse. So I am going to stop have ghee and see if that helps my back clear up more.

Michelle’s Thursday recap:

Breakfast was a simple juice with my usual egg, green, ghee scramble but this time I added some grass-fed beef.

Lunch was beef liver meatballs and cooked broccoli slaw and coconut oil. Loved this lunch! I even enjoyed it outside to get some fresh air! I was scared how I would like them, but was completely SOLD! Lori and I quickly text one another saying “OMG, these are amazing!” We are both happy to report our simple meatball recipe came out.

We look forward in enjoying more organ meats…as we have read they can help your health!! If interested in organ meats and the health benefits you will find lots of articles when you google it 😉  So we shall see how we do!

Afternoon snack: one egg and 1 tbsp coconut oil. Weird, yep! Good, yep! But as Lori mentioned we are both making sure we are getting enough food to fuel us! So finding ways to sneak in more food has been interesting for sure.

Dinner was leftover baked salmon and veggies with olive oil.

Michelle’s recap – Started my day with morning supplements and enjoyed sugar-free marshmallows. Drank 8 cups water. I had one cup peppermint tea in the afternoon. I did have two bowel movements! Both in the morning. Overall, I felt fine. I have been under a lot of stress due to work projects, so think some of my headaches have been due to staring at a computer screen for hours and not moving. But that is life sometimes 😉 I did take my pre-dinner supplements and enjoyed more marshmallows before bed. Took magnesium pills too.

We do not have much else to report besides what we are feeling like –> when do we get to bring more foods back, when do we really know our gut is better…you know just more “I sure hope this is working” thoughts.

Have a great Friday evening everyone!

Twins Question: Would love to hear your experiences with organ meats – good and bad!  Tell us something strange or crazy that has happened to you lately?  Today Michelle went to the store to grab a few things and forgot her wallet!! haha

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) February 8, 2013 - 7:37 pm

Tony and I walked to the store after working out at the gym and neither of us had our wallets. Luckily, Tony’s was in the car so he had to add to his workout but running to the car to get it. 😉 Sounds like you two are on quite the culinary adventure! I love how you’re experimenting! Having bowel movements definitely makes for a better day! I hope you both have a great weekend!

purelytwins February 9, 2013 - 10:10 am

haha glad I am not the only one with a crazy store about wallets 😉 and oh yes bowel movements always make for a great day!! xoxo

Kyra February 8, 2013 - 8:11 pm

I feel ya on not knowing when to progress with things. U seem to be doing well, so keep with it for a little while. It’s hard to stay patient and not forge ahead too fast. But u r doing great!

How is ur digestion compared to when u were vegan?

And I can relate to forgetting my wallet. I do numbskull things all the time… To little time to list them all haha

purelytwins February 9, 2013 - 10:13 am

thanks Kyra for your continued support!!! HUGS
We feel our digestion is getting better each day, it is different compared to being vegan. As we feel digesting meats and a little less fruit and veggies (and grains) has been good, as when we were raw vegans our ‘fullness’ felt different than now. we always felt more gasy (which makes sense from all the veggies and fruit), but now we have no discomfort with our digestion, though we are thinking of trying some HCL pills when we eat our meats to help even more.

Kyra February 9, 2013 - 10:24 am

How does ur fullness compare now vs vegan? I fee like I’m always hungry, despite being full (vegand and 811) it sucks

Hcl would be good to try. I tried the acv thing but it made my gas worse. Do u get that with acv?

Now brand makes super enzyme…. That might be a good supplement to try. It has ox bile too

Do u seem to react to salicylate, oxalate, or phenols?

purelytwins February 9, 2013 - 11:15 am

our fullness now is full and satisfied feelings, now extra gas or bloating usually, just feel full (hope that makes sense). We remember feeling hungry a lot when we were eating more vegan like, for some reason the animal fats have really helped control our hungry and food cravings.
It has been a long time since we have had ACV before a meal, so can’t remember how we felt. sorry.
We are still trying to figure out what we react too 😉

amanda j February 8, 2013 - 10:10 pm

I am VERY scared (and maybe grossed out?) of eating organ meats despite knowing the health benefits. I liked that you combined the liver with ground meat – maybe it helps take away the liver-y taste? As for crazy things, well, I’ve locked my keys in the car (and once in the trunk) multiple times AND I’ve forgotten my wallet at home when I arrived at the airport. As an fyi, if you ever do this, you CAN fly but you have to go through major identity proof stuff and search stuff. I did it and didn’t really care but it felt weird to be on a plane traveling somewhere without ANY ID!

purelytwins February 9, 2013 - 10:14 am

We were too Amanda! And yes combining with some ground beef really helped with overall flavor.
And oh yes we have locked our keys in our cars before too, never fun.
HUGS

Deanna@healthyleanfit February 9, 2013 - 8:38 am

I have tried organ meats. I’ve had the US Wellness Meats liverwurst (and actually enjoy it). I also made chicken liver pate recently and liked that as well. I am anxious to do some more experimenting with them. Part of it is getting my mind past it and just focusing on how it truly tastes and how my body reacts to it. So far, so good! I love the idea of doing a blend of organ meat and another ground meat for meatballs or meatloaf! Thanks for trying this out, ladies!

purelytwins February 9, 2013 - 10:15 am

We need to still try their liverwurst has we have heard good things about it! 🙂 HUGS

Laura Agar Wilson (@lauraagarwilson) February 9, 2013 - 8:48 am

I’ve started experimenting with organ meats too. My husband has always loved liver, I think its not such a strange thing in the UK as its been quite a traditional food, my grandmother used to cook it all the time! I’ve been enjoying it with beef in a stew. Still getting used to the taste and texture!

purelytwins February 9, 2013 - 10:14 am

Awesome Laura! 🙂

Kyra February 9, 2013 - 11:14 am

Did u stop doing the pro powder and if so, for what reason?

purelytwins February 9, 2013 - 11:45 am

No we did not stop having protein powder, we still are having it, just not everyday. just when we feel like it 😉

Ana February 17, 2013 - 2:40 pm

Hi Girls
I have a question for you both. I got an equalizer as a Christmas gift from my husband, but haven’t tried many workouts with it yet.
Do you guys have a routine workout that you use with the equalizer? Where do you find a full body workout using it, or did you create your own?
I would be really happy if you could share your ideas on the equalizer, it would be nice to learn more on how to use it more and more efficiently too! 🙂
Thanks!
Ana

purelytwins February 17, 2013 - 3:12 pm

Ana we will start working on some posts and videos more about the equalizer.
Right now we use it a few times a week just doing some basic exercises on it like tri-cep dips, pull-ups and single leg squats; we know there is sooo much more you can do with it.