So what do we think of our 30 day healing journey

purelytwins thoughts on healing gut

In our video we cover these topics:

– the brand gelatin we use

– fermented foods

– low/high carb

– macros

– strong vs weak digestion

– does everyone need to do this

– working on balance (handling all the diets)

– and general thoughts on what we have been doing and what is the future for us

Thanks again for the continued love and support. We will continue to share our daily eats, workouts and latest health findings 🙂

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

purelytwins

lori and michelle

Deana February 1, 2013 - 5:29 pm

Lori, regarding hormones and acne, I will mention again- Vaxa Clearin homeopathic supplements. They are formulated to help with hormonal imbalances. They have a money-back guarantee. Have you looked into it yet? http://www.vaxa.com/623.cfm
Thanks for sharing your journey!

purelytwins February 1, 2013 - 7:11 pm

Oh yes thanks for reminding me, I will take a look.

katieDid February 1, 2013 - 6:20 pm

so down to earth, loved following these 30 days with you ladies.

purelytwins February 1, 2013 - 7:14 pm

thanks Katie, love ya!

lindsay February 2, 2013 - 8:03 am

i agree. it’s a journey we can all relate too. And you ladies did it RIGHT! Listening.

purelytwins February 2, 2013 - 9:03 am

Kathy February 1, 2013 - 7:15 pm

curious…are you girls gluten free?

purelytwins February 1, 2013 - 7:16 pm

yes we have been gluten-free for years

Kyra February 1, 2013 - 8:48 pm

I have a dumb question, but as a vegan who hasn’t eaten meat in years and probably will soon need to, I thought I’d ask u gals:

How do u cook your fish and meats? Pan fry it? George Foreman? Grill?

Thanks 🙂

purelytwins February 2, 2013 - 8:57 am

Not a dumb question at all 🙂 we tend to pan fry ours on the skillet or grill. Sometimes we have even baked them in the oven. Usually do the skillet version though.

Melissa C February 1, 2013 - 10:34 pm

I can’t remember if you have mentioned it on the blog, how much gelatin do you eat a day? From your research, how much is recommended and for how long?

purelytwins February 2, 2013 - 9:02 am

Before we started making marshmallows with our gelatin we had 2 tbsp of gelatin a day. Now we are not really sure how much we are getting but try to get 1-2 tbsp a day. so far none of our research has really said anything about how much to get in a day. so we think 1-2 tbsp is a good start.

lailja February 3, 2013 - 10:22 am

when i spoke with customer service at Great Lakes they suggested 2 tablespoons a day if there were no major issues. they spoke of more a day if there were major issues. i highly recommend speaking directly to the company as they sure were knowledgeable, educational and available.

purelytwins February 3, 2013 - 10:25 am

thanks Lailja 🙂

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish February 2, 2013 - 1:49 am

Thank you SO much for this review! I’ve had digestion issues for about six years, and this is the first time I’ve heard about the benefits of gelatin. Do you take it as a supplement, or do you incorporate it into your cooking?

I completely agree about the importance of becoming more intuitive in regards to our bodies’ reactions to foods. Like you, I have weak digestion, so I’ve learned that I literally have to listen to my body before and after every meal. It’s a continuous journey, but totally worth it! 🙂

purelytwins February 2, 2013 - 9:03 am

thanks Sara! for gelatin we sometimes just mix it with water and recently we have been making marshmallows with it and loving it. And we have even put some gelatin in some of our recent mini waffles and cakes and like it.

Kyra February 2, 2013 - 9:57 am

Ugh, listening to my body is like trying to understand swalhili, lol… My body doesn’t talk in a language I understand. It tells me to eat even though I’m full, sleep when I should be a wake, stay awake when I should sleep… How do u know what ur body it truly sayibg bc I feel like mine has a vendetta against me haha

purelytwins February 2, 2013 - 12:06 pm

Krya, it is not easy!!! We still struggle with listening to our bodies and what is our body trying to tell us at times. But overall we feel we are slowly learning and respecting our bodies needs. It takes time and a lot of patience. We still go back and forth on things, and what does it mean. Ugh health and the body, why can’t it be easy haha xoxo

lailja February 3, 2013 - 10:25 am

well, you get a HUGE bow and applause from me, that’s for sure!
onward, inward, outward and blessed”ward” 🙂

Linda S February 3, 2013 - 11:36 am

I’m curious why you haven’t given up coffee, which is supposed to be hard on the stomach. I don’t think I could, but you girls have much more will power than me!

Linda S February 3, 2013 - 11:51 am

Ha, I just realized it looks like you are drinking the dandy blend instead of coffee? How is that working for you?

purelytwins February 3, 2013 - 1:36 pm

Linda we drink both coffee and dandy tea.

Linda S February 4, 2013 - 6:29 pm

Ok, then back to my original question: why didn’t you cut coffee out for your healing journey (just curious as I think it can be hard on my stomach!). Also, thanks for all your inspiration. Been loving peppermint tea, and just had sautéed cabbage and shredded Brussels & bok choy with coconut oil and turmeric and half can of salmon for dinner and it was so easy and so good!

purelytwins February 4, 2013 - 8:35 pm

well we did not take it out because we love it and it is a ritual of ours, since we took so many other things out it was hard to give that help too. we just did the best we could and knew that coffee was going to be there. that meal sounds yummy!!

{Moni} @ Moni Meals & Fitness February 3, 2013 - 12:30 pm

You guys are just the BEST. You nailed it: perfection does not exist. Our bodies have different needs and at different times throughout our lives-well said. :)It is all so interesting yet overwhelming at the same time- isn’t it!!!