love your body

We had a good 1st day of the new year.

newyeardinner
Anyone else enjoy black eyed peas, sauerkraut, collard and spinach for New Year traditions?

We also enjoyed our last plate of dessert and wine.

cookie cake cashew frosting

Cookie cake with cashew frosting both recipes from our cookbook. We took our chocolate chip cookies used 2 eggs for the flax gel and baked it as one big cake instead of cookies. And it worked 😉  A perfect way to end and start a new year!

Besides working on our improve our health challenge, we are going to try to participate in the Tone It Up #LoveYourBody challenge.

We plan to customize it a little as somethings we are not doing right now, like running. So some of the Tone It Up workouts we will skip or adjust. But we plan to keep up with it the best we can because as most girls we all need to learn to love our body more!!!

Challenge one – write down 5 things you love about your body
Here are our 5 things:
1-long hair
2-muscular arms (Lori) strong core (Michelle)
3-our brown eyes
4-being short 😉
5-cute butts, haha we admit we love our butts

Your turn! Write down 5 things you love about your body!

cuteline3-01

purelytwins shout outs

And thank you for everyone’s support!! We look forward in spending another year with you all 🙂

recipe shout outs

We have to admit we get so nervous when people make our recipes….but then we get comments like this that make it all worth it! So happy to see these changes to our cocoa gingerbread worked!

macroonlove

And glad we are not the only ones that love peppermint coconut snowflakes!

Are you ready to start again? Are you ready to love your body?

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance January 2, 2013 - 2:28 pm

My New Year’s Day dinner looked just like yours! Now we’re all set with lots of good luck for 2013! 🙂

purelytwins January 2, 2013 - 3:36 pm

yes Michelle 😉

Bonnie January 2, 2013 - 4:03 pm

Such an encouraging and uplifting post! I’m ready with you guys for a great 2013! Love your 5 things too. 😀 My 5 things I love about my body? It can accomplish hard things, my legs carry me far, I like my toned shoulders, I like the uniqueness of having dreadlocks and I like my small ears. 😉

Happy New Year’s!

purelytwins January 2, 2013 - 5:45 pm

Thank you Bonnie!!! Hope you have a great start to your year too!

Chris M. January 2, 2013 - 5:12 pm

Ready to start yet again! Ordered the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan, it was a bit pricey…but now I have some skin in the game! There’s a LOT of material, so I will change things in my diet as I go. I have to be honest…finding 5 things to love about my body is really hard. I’ve let things go, used bad knees as an excuse. I have new knees, I don’t have any excuses…time to workout:D, time to establish new habits!
Here goes: I love my short messy gray hair, I love my curves, I love my green eyes, I love that my core is waking up (thank you planks!), I love my lips. Proud of myself today, I won the stare down with the candy bowl at work…yes! I made the Snowflakes…yum!, I really like the Socca, having fun tweaking it here and there. I look forward to reading about your health goals. Thanks Twins!

purelytwins January 2, 2013 - 5:46 pm

Chris awesome to hear this!! I know you will get through this too!

Casey Lorraine January 2, 2013 - 5:20 pm

Hey ladies!
I love that you love your butts! Cute they are :).
My fave 5 things about my body are:
– My red curly hair because it’s unique
– My very long eyelashes
– My brown eyes
– Long legs
– It’s strength, in the sense of how much it’s carried me through and overcame
Thanks for the opportunity to express gratitude her!
Love you gals
Case xx

Marianne January 2, 2013 - 5:26 pm

Happy new year and greetings from Norway!

It`s been so long since you have heard from me, but I can assure you that I still follow your blog:-) You inspire me. I`m truly impressed by how much you have achieved regarding your health and fitness goals, but mostly because you guys are just so wonderful:-)
I wanted to leave a comment on your previous subject “our health goals”, but I was too busy yesterday (have to small children that demand a lot of attention;-)). Ihave som advice regarding health that I would like to share with you. It`s based on knowledge I have obtained by studying scientific articles (not sponsored by the industry!!!) and from teachings from a nutritionist that I know have a superbe health.
I would encourage you to consider the following foods: 1) Liver!!! : the best source for vitamin B12 which is crucial for overall health and for avoiding inflammation in the body. I will give you more energy than anything else and heal most of your “problems”.
2) Gelatin: for muscle building, calm nervous system, for healing your digestive issues, normal stomac acid level, which is associated with adult acne ++.
Some references:

http://www.vrp.com/digestive-health/eliminating-the-surprising-culprit-behind-stomach-concerns (se tabell 1)

The following are implicated with low HCl deficiencies and toxicity: Septicemia (electrolytes are needed to heal wounds [11]), boils, abscesses, adult acne, infl ammatory skin disease, rosacea, psoriasis, chronic hives, eczema, lupus erythematosis, dermatitis herpetiformes [10] and vitiligo. [2] (See Dysbiosis) –

3) Raw dairy products (as opposed to pasteurized, including goat milk products): for healthy and easy to digest proteins, lactic acid for digestion of proteins, healthy gut ++

4) Make sure to soak your nuts/seeds/grains in acid water for at least 7 hours to reduce fytic acid, which blocks absorption of minerals, stress the digestion ++

If you are interested, you are very welcome to contact me at my e-mail for more information and references:-)

For myself, I want to try to incorporate more of your training methods. You guys rock when it comes to that.

Wish you both the very best, Marianne

purelytwins January 2, 2013 - 5:46 pm

Yes Marianne hello again!! Thank you for sharing all of this, we will check out the links

Lori January 2, 2013 - 5:42 pm

Yes I am ready!! So excited to start fresh and with a focus!

amanda j January 2, 2013 - 6:31 pm

love this post! my five things:
1. my arms (strong and muscular!)
2. smile (someone once told me when I smiled my whole face lit up – I never forgot that!)
3. small boobies – haha but seriously, makes it easy for exercise 🙂
4. all of the (natural) colors/highlights from the sun in my hair and that I haven’t gone grey – yet!
5. legs – I got some muscles that have gotten me through many runs, bike rides and jobs where I’ve had to stand on my feet for hours – thank you legs!

McKel January 2, 2013 - 8:01 pm

Hi Lori and Michelle!
As always, I love your informative and inspirational blog posts and have been a reader for years. You both have mentioned trying some variation of the aspects of Paleo lifestyle and it seems most of your meals lately have been consisting of that type of lifestyle- what does your diet look like now and have you noticed any benefit from your transition from vegan/vegetarianism to eating meat?

I’m interested not only on your experience but personally I’m thinking of making some transition changes. I would appreciate any comment regarding this (or even better, a Vlog 😉

Thanks!

purelytwins January 2, 2013 - 8:40 pm

McKel more to come on this!! stay tuned

Heather January 2, 2013 - 10:02 pm

I also signed up for the Tone It Up challenge! My husband & I have been out of town, though, so I will be starting tomorrow. I’m glad y’all are doing it too 🙂

P.S
Something I realized the other day – your blog was the very first “healthy living” blog I ever read! I feel so encouraged & motivated with every post I read. I just wanted to thank you!!!

purelytwins January 3, 2013 - 7:31 am

Heather thank you sweetie!!

{Moni} @ Moni Meals January 2, 2013 - 11:02 pm

You both are the best! Congrats on such amazing recipes and all that you are taking on.

I think it is great that you are experimenting with changes and tweaking lil things in your diet. Good for you. If anyone gives you crap- I say a big fat “whatever” to them. 🙂 I hope you find some solutions and you both are great-as you will help many others.
Good luck with the personal training! I have been a trainer for 7+ years and it is such a rewarding and wonderful job.

purelytwins January 3, 2013 - 7:32 am

Thank you Moni for the kind words and support!!

Katy January 3, 2013 - 12:32 am

My top 5:

1. My arms & shoulders (upperbody).
2. My curves.
3. My boobs.
4. My butt.
5. My entire body as a whole!!

purelytwins January 3, 2013 - 7:32 am

Love it Katy!!! xoxo

Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) January 3, 2013 - 7:15 am

Here’s to self-acceptanced and celebration.

purelytwins January 3, 2013 - 7:33 am

Amen Liz!

Laury January 3, 2013 - 5:30 pm

Yes to all of it! I often struggle with loving my body and finding what works for me. I’ve been reading a lot more about gut flora and GI health since posting about it a few months ago. My goal with Ella since birth is to create a healthy immune system (starting in the gut!) but I need to also focus on me too! Transitioning many things in my diet over the years is definitely an ongoing journey!

Always love hearing about what you girls are doing and changing as well! So inspiring 🙂

Happy new year girls!