Gluten-free dairy-free pumpkin apple pie layered cake.
unbaked gluten-free vegan pumpkin apple pie layered cake with pumpkin whipped cream
Combining apple pie with pumpkin is something we have done before as a layered apple pie pumpkin parfait, but this time we wanted a cake!
This triple layered cake is another favorite way for us to enjoy a mix of flavors in one dessert.
Do you like layered cakes?
We topped our pumpkin apple layered cake with pumpkin mousse, which made for the perfect whipped cream.
The first time when Michelle made it she did the crust on the bottom but we flipped it this time. Upside down cake! Why did we do this? We just liked the way it looked. But you can enjoy it any way you like.
Just like we always say have fun in the kitchen!
Upside pumpkin apple layered cake with pumpkin whipped cream
Each layered works so well together…all the spices, apple flavor, pumpkin richness, and the overall smoothness of the cake with small bites of apple pieces just makes every bite a perfect balance.Print
pumpkin apple pie layered cake with pumpkin whipped cream
A healthy take on the traditional pumpkin pie and apple pie. Upside pumpkin apple pie layered cake with a pumpkin whipped cream. Gluten-free. Vegan. Dairy-free. Soy-free. Low sugar. Grain-free.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Makes 1 6 inch cake 1x
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon mesquite
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 1 recipe of pumpkin fudge
Apple Pie Layer:
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces (soaked)
- 1/2 cup irish moss paste (or cashews)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon liquid stevia
- 1/4 cup of a finely chopped apple
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped apples (stir in by hand)
Pumpkin whipped cream
- 1 recipe of pumpkin mousee
How to make crust
- Mix all crust ingredients in a small food processor until mixed together. Press into the bottom of a 6 in spingform pan that is lined with parchment paper.
Make fudge recipe
How to make apple pie layer:
- Place apple pie ingredients into blender and blend until creamy, ending with adding coconut oil and 1/2 cup chopped apples. Once filling gets creamy add in coconut oil and then stir in chopped apples.
Make pumpkin mousse
- Once crust is pressed down into pan, pour and spread pumpkin fudge layer on top. Set in freezer till just about set (firm to touch). Then spread apple pie layer on top. Set the whole cake into refrigerator to set.
- Store in refrigerator (will keep for about 5-7 days).
- Serving Size: serves 6-8
Crust – can do all cacao powder; can use maple syrup for the coconut nectar
Apple pie layer – do a total of 1/2 cup cashew pieces soaked if you do not have irish moss
This pumpkin apple pie layered cake might look complicated to make, but really it is just blending and layering. Easy. And you can adjust each layer flavoring to your liking, if you want more spice or more sweetness change it.
Nothing like having apple pie and pumpkin pie mixed together into one cake! Are we right?
We hope you enjoy our new raw dessert recipe as you all know we love making raw desserts!
Twins Question: What do you like better apple pie or pumpkin pie? Ever have them together?