No excuses. Dream big. Self-esteem.

YOU HAVE TO DO THE WORK! You have to start somewhere.

We all got problems. We all got stress. We are all trying to live our best life. We are all trying to be good people. We are all trying to look and feel our best. We are all JUST TRYING to be ourselves everyday the best we can.

Life is full of not-so-perfect things. Life gets complicated. Life gets hard. Life gets annoying. Life gets sad. But everyday we get the choice to chose how we will live! How we will face the day.

Being self employed I work EVERYDAY…ALL DAY LONG.I am not hear to make an excuse, as I chose to be self-employed.  I know every month it is a gamble of how much I will make. I know I cannot have the clothes I desire or things I want…yes there are some things I do splurge on. But I have learned to live with less.

I am making things happen. I am working my butt off. I am reaching for my dreams. I am seeing the positive in life.  And to quote Kelly Olexa, ” Stop comparing yourself and your situation to others. You want something BETTER for yourself? WORK FOR IT. MAKE IT HAPPEN BECAUSE NO ONE WILL DO IT FOR YOU….DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN AND NEVER GIVE UP. You’ll get there. ”

Whatever obstacle you are facing, remember YOU CAN DO IT! Never give up!

FindingME

Self-confidence is a big issue for me. One reason why I started this finding me series…hoping to gain it back! Each day I feel better about life. Trusting in the bigger picture.

There will always be people out there that might try to bring you down -say mean things without even really knowing you. Being a blogger and active in social media I get hit with a lot of stuff, some things good and some unpleasant things.

But we have to rise above the negative people, right?

We have to believe there is good in the world. We have to find where we fit in this crazy world. We have to show others love even though they bring hate.

I can only pray for those people that feel they have the right to say anything bad about anyone. And just let it go!

I am the only one who can lower my self-esteem. I will not let others bring me down. Learning to let go of what others think of me…it is a daily struggle I am sure for many of us.

As I me…no one else.

Twins Question: How do you deal with negativity? How do you overcome obstacles in your life? How do you raise your self-esteem?

till next time,

Michelle

Meg December 16, 2012 - 10:37 am

beautiful post and thank you for yet another shout out! My sisters are THE BEST <3

I really don't think of myself as being a negative person, but that's not saying I am never presented with negativity. I just always remember that life is better when you think positively. Even if a situation is causing you negative feelings, it is possible to change it around with positive thoughts!!

purelytwins December 16, 2012 - 4:29 pm

Well said sis – life is better when you think positive! that is why we love you!!

Joy December 16, 2012 - 11:27 am

Michelle,
I love this series. I’m sorry that there are any naysayers out there that you have to deal with!

purelytwins December 16, 2012 - 4:30 pm

thanks Joy!

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness December 16, 2012 - 12:07 pm

I love this post too! Self confidence is a major struggle for me and something I try to work on every single day. It’s posts like these that really help me continue to work on it!

purelytwins December 16, 2012 - 4:30 pm

hugs Danielle!

purelylori December 16, 2012 - 12:15 pm

well said sis!! I am so proud of you and how far you have come to finding yourself!! Always dreaming big 🙂 as you never know what will happen!

Erica December 16, 2012 - 12:33 pm

SUCH a fabulous post. I think being self employed is truly amazing. Definitely a lot of work. I have mad respect for both of you!! I am going to check out Kelly’s post now

purelytwins December 16, 2012 - 4:30 pm

thanks Erica xoxo

GiGi Eats Celebrities December 17, 2012 - 12:33 am

What a GREAT way to start the week! 🙂 Beautiful!

Laura Agar Wilson (@lauraagarwilson) December 17, 2012 - 5:14 am

Wonderful post! I’m just setting out on my journey to be eventually self employed and I can completely relate to the working all day long thing! But I know that the hard work is worth it. As you say you have to work to make things happen!

purelytwins December 17, 2012 - 8:21 am

Laura awesome! wishing you all the best

Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) December 17, 2012 - 7:13 am

Thank you for this. I work on being as positive as possible, each and every day. Negativity can bring me down, but it will never keep me down.

purelytwins December 17, 2012 - 8:21 am

Liz yes together we will not let negativity bring us down!

emma green December 17, 2012 - 9:38 am

i love these finding me posts – they inspire me and bring a smile to my face every time 🙂

purelytwins December 17, 2012 - 1:06 pm

so glad to hear it Emma!!! xoxo

Georgia December 18, 2012 - 4:25 pm

Just what I needed to read, thank you!
When I’m faced with negativity I take a step back from the person who’s throwing it at me and see there insecurity and realise that it’s actually their s#*t, not mine!
Then I go for a walk or do some traing in the studio and my thoughts start to come back to me and what I really want to do 🙂
X

Anna Maroni January 31, 2013 - 12:40 am

What an amazing blog! I constantly struggle with self-esteem, but I have been getting better as I work to improve myself and my self image. This post is inspiring me to keep going and keep looking at all the positives leaving the negative to those that choose to focus on it. Thanks