Marvelous weekend highlights

Happy Monday friends!

Today is a Marvelous Monday.

Katie is always reminding us to be happy and enjoy life to the fullest. We had a marvelous weekend and wanted to share our highlights with you on this marvelous Monday!

Lori had safe travels to visit family and friends all while wearing comfy clothes and great travel food.

As soon as Lori arrived we went straight for the kitchen and started baking!

Chocolate cookie cake, protein hazelnut bars, pumpkin chocolate chip blondies, and we tested a new quick bread recipe

Life is about embracing failures, right?

When something does not work out, you simply learn, and then try again!

Celebrate life’s accomplishments with family and good food!

Start each morning right!

Okay, not everyone loves a good cup of joe, but we all have a few things that just complete our mornings.  Savor those marvelous moments.

Hangout with your best friends!

Over the weekend, we surprised a friend for her 30th birthday! It worked like a charm, our friend was so surprised it was marvelous! This is a big year for all of us as we are all turning the big 3-0!

As we get older, and we are all going through different life challenges, we still have one thing in common – FRIENDSHIP!

Cherish every moment you have with your friends, because as you get older life pulls you in all directions that seeing friends does not happen as often as you would like.

Hug your family as often as you can because family visits can be short. So make them marvelous!

And always save room for dessert! Life is too short not enjoy cake 🙂

Have a marvelous Monday!

Twins Question: What is one marvelous thing you did over the weekend?

Michelle December 10, 2012 - 9:23 am

I love this post! It made my morning so much happier! It is freezing cold and snowing here and I have to go to work but I feel happy about it all because life is about embracing the good and bad. Thank you so much for bringing positive energy into the world with so much negativity. Have a marvelous day!!

Chris M. December 10, 2012 - 10:13 am

My husband and I have been adopted into our dear friends family. Her family has a tradition of making Tamales for Christmas dinner. We are so honored to be invited to the making of Tamales. Not the healthiest thing…the masa is made of lard and cornmeal! Once in a while they really hit the spot:D We had a marvelous time making them, and await another marvelous time when we are able to eat them!

Katie December 10, 2012 - 10:18 am

You girls are SIMPLY marvelous! You hold the same values and same spirit for life as I do, hence why I love you both so much!

Looks like it was a wonderful weekend! Happy 30th to your friend, how nice to surprise her!

Sushi, ahhhhh you know how I feel about that and wine!

Happy Monday!

Again, congrats to you girls on the cook book! <3

Ali @ WHOLEistically Fit December 10, 2012 - 10:30 am

Hi, I’m visiting from MIMM. 😀 What a fab weekend!! All the delicious baked goods and the sushi. Oh-my-god, the sushi! It looks incredible and despite it being only 7 in the morning where I am, it’s making me crave some delicious spicy tuna rolls. Lol.

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness December 10, 2012 - 12:15 pm

Looks like such a marvelous weekend! Those cookie bars look amazing! I’m so jealous of that picture on the beach! I’m already counting down until summer.

purelytwins December 10, 2012 - 4:13 pm

Thank you Danielle!

Meg December 10, 2012 - 10:59 pm

SISTERS!!!!! Sashimi?? 😉 Oh you KNOW your other sis loves sashimi!!!!! I actually made my own sushi today 😉 That was something marvelous about my Monday for sure! I am so happy to see so many smiles with your fam 🙂 Makes me so happy! Love you

Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) December 11, 2012 - 7:10 am

I have that same Tone It Up sweater! 🙂

So glad you had a nice weekend! One marvelous thing I did this weekend = spent time with family.

Courtney December 11, 2012 - 10:39 am

Aw, I wouldn’t call that quick bread a failure. It looks like a perfectly good excuse to eat it right out of the pan. 🙂

Ines February 17, 2013 - 2:15 pm