Gluten-free apple cider quick bread that can be made egg-free!
Here is a super delicious gluten-free quick bread recipe!
Apple cider quick bread that is gluten-free and dairy-free!
Ever since falling in love with our chocolate gingerbread quick bread, we knew we need more bread flavors to enjoy!
And to be honest this was our first time really baking with apple cider. We have seen recipes before using it and kept telling ourselves one day we will try it. Then a few weeks ago we finally bought some apple cider to use in recipes!
We did enjoy some apple cider margaritas…yum ya we just said that, which is delicious in a whole other way. But those spicy margaritas lead us to this recipe!
The apple cider and applesauce together blend perfectly to make a well-rounded apple spice flavor. The cinnamon and allspice compliment the apple flavors very nicely – the perfect combo. The texture was pretty similar to cocoa gingerbread recipe with a soft tender chew!
Sliced so perfectly.
And we sprinkled the top before baking with some almond meal! A nice touch 😉Print
apple cider quick bread loaf
Quick and easy apple cider bread loaf. Gluten-free and dairy-free. Can be made egg-free too! If you love apple cider — you will love this bread.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: makes one 9 inch bread loaf 1x
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend (8 oz) click here to get our gluten free grain free blends in our Purely Classic ebook
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (4 1/5 oz)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoon applesauce (5 oz)
- 1 egg (or 1 flax gel egg replacement)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly oil a 9-inch loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients- gluten free flour blend, baking soda, baking powder, coconut sugar, and all the spices. *For the gluten free flour blend use any gluten free all purpose blend you like.
- Next add in the egg, applesauce, and whisk well. Add in your apple cider at the end and continue to whisk, until the batter is smooth.Batter will be runny.
- Pour the apple cider bread batter into the oiled loaf pan. Bake in the center of the oven for about 40 minutes. Insert a toothpick into center of bread loaf and should emerge clean, well just about clean.
- The top may crack a bit, and that is ok.
- Let cool in pan a few minutes. Then gently remove loaf from the pan and continue to cool on a wire rack. You may need to use a knife to cut around the edges, but if it was greased right it should pop out easily. But we careful with it as it is slightly delicate when hot.
- Once cooled, slice with a sharp bread knife.
- Note – We have tried making it with a liquid sweetener doing 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup coconut nectar for the 3/4 cup sugar. And still came out, just made the bread more dense and chewier!!
We hope you enjoy this gluten-free apple cider quick bread recipe!! It is wonderful warm with some coconut oil on top..mmm.
Seriously each bite has a warm rich apple spice that just makes you swoon in delight! It is like apple pie in bread. Why does anything apple make you think of the holidays?
This apple cider quick bread is a great gift idea, or to make and take into your work! All you co-workers will thank you!
And make sure you check out our cocoa gingerbread loaf recipe too!
Plus many other gluten free grain free bread recipes here.