apple cider quick bread loaf

Gluten-free apple cider quick bread that can be made egg-free!

Here is a super delicious gluten-free quick bread recipe!

Apple cider quick bread that is gluten-free and dairy-free!

Enough said.

Ever since falling in love with our chocolate gingerbread quick bread, we knew we need more bread flavors to enjoy!

And to be honest this was our first time really baking with apple cider. We have seen recipes before using it and kept telling ourselves one day we will try it. Then a few weeks ago we finally bought some apple cider to use in recipes!

We did enjoy some apple cider margaritas…yum ya we just said that, which is delicious in a whole other way. But those spicy margaritas lead us to this recipe!

Oh apple cider we adore you now

The apple cider and applesauce together blend perfectly to make a well-rounded apple spice flavor.  The cinnamon and allspice compliment the apple flavors very nicely – the perfect combo. The texture was pretty similar to cocoa gingerbread recipe with a soft tender chew!

Sliced so perfectly.

And we sprinkled the top before baking with some almond meal! A nice touch 😉

apple cider quick bread loaf

apple cider gluten-free dairy-free quickbread

Quick and easy apple cider bread loaf. Gluten-free and dairy-free. Can be made egg-free too! If you love apple cider — you will love this bread.

• Prep Time: 5 minutes
  • Cook Time: 40 minutes
  • Total Time: 45 minutes
  • Yield: makes one 9 inch bread loaf 1x
Scale

Ingredients

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly oil a 9-inch loaf pan with coconut oil.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients- gluten free flour blend, baking soda, baking powder, coconut sugar, and all the spices. *For the gluten free flour blend use any gluten free all purpose blend you like.
  3. Next add in the egg, applesauce, and whisk well. Add in your apple cider at the end and continue to whisk, until the batter is smooth.Batter will be runny.
  4. Pour the apple cider bread batter into the oiled loaf pan. Bake in the center of the oven for about 40 minutes. Insert a toothpick into center of bread loaf and should emerge clean, well just about clean.
  5. The top may crack a bit, and that is ok.
  6. Let cool in pan a few minutes. Then gently remove loaf from the pan and continue to cool on a wire rack. You may need to use a knife to cut around the edges, but if it was greased right it should pop out easily. But we careful with it as it is slightly delicate when hot.
  7. Once cooled, slice with a sharp bread knife.
  8. Note – We have tried making it with a liquid sweetener doing 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup coconut nectar for the 3/4 cup sugar. And still came out, just made the bread more dense and chewier!!

We hope you enjoy this gluten-free apple cider quick bread recipe!! It is wonderful warm with some coconut oil on top..mmm.

Seriously each bite has a warm rich apple spice that just makes you swoon in delight! It is like apple pie in bread. Why does anything apple make you think of the holidays?

This apple cider quick bread is a great gift idea, or to make and take into your work! All you co-workers will thank you!

And make sure you check out our cocoa gingerbread loaf recipe too!

Plus many other gluten free grain free bread recipes here.

Happy baking!

xo

fab-you-signature-01

Caity @ Moi Contre La Vie December 6, 2012 - 1:52 pm

I LOVED my cocoa gingerbread so I’m looking forward to making this as well. This is the first year that I started baking and I must say that I owe a lot of “my” triumphs to you two! 🙂

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table December 6, 2012 - 1:56 pm

I was so looking forward to you guys posting this! I love homemade bread, but am far too lazy to keep up a starter. Checking out the ginger version too!

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness December 6, 2012 - 2:10 pm

Love all these bread recipes! I still have to try the cocoa gingerbread and now I want to try this one too! Looks great.

Kierston December 6, 2012 - 2:36 pm

WOWza!

Taylor December 6, 2012 - 3:35 pm

Looks delicious! I made some apple cider donuts [edible perspective] this year already and I loved them. I would like to know the recipe for your apple cider margarita! 😉

Amanda December 6, 2012 - 5:38 pm

Great recipes ladies! Any insight into subbing almond flour for the gluten free combo? Would I still include the arrowroot?

purelytwins December 7, 2012 - 9:13 am

Amanda we have not tested it with almond flour, not sure if arrowroot would be needed, we would think it would help with texture.

Pavement Runner December 6, 2012 - 5:45 pm

Photos look fantastic, as does the food. Nicely done.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) December 6, 2012 - 5:55 pm

This looks like the perfect flavor combination for the holiday season! YUM!

jodye @ chocolate and chou flour December 7, 2012 - 1:23 am

Apple cider has been on my mind lately – I really can’t get enough of it! This looks like a wonderful loaf of break for breakfast and snacks, I’ll have to try it out!

Kaye December 7, 2012 - 9:51 am

Hi PT, love all of your recipes. This is the first PT Bread recipe I am going to try of yours. I need help with the flour blend ~ So you would use say 1 cup sorghum flour, 1 cup amaranth flour mixed with 1 cup arrowroot? and then measure what’s needed from the recipe? Thanks a bunch.

purelytwins December 7, 2012 - 11:45 am

Kaye yep mix the 3 flours together, you can also use all 2 cups sorghum and 1 cup arrowroot to make it easier, or use any all purpose gluten free flour blend.

Kaye December 7, 2012 - 1:08 pm

Thanks so much for such a quick response, because I’m dying to make this bread straight away ~ and I just happen to have these specific flours/starches among my enormous gf flour stash. By the way, the pecan pumpkin donuts are a permanent fixture in my house, along with the protein pumpkin waffles and thin mint single serve cake. I make all of these often and appreciate your recipes. Have the best weekend ever :).

purelytwins December 7, 2012 - 2:14 pm

Kaye awesome!! We hope this bread gets added to your lists 😉 xoxo

Sarah December 8, 2012 - 8:52 am

Both this and the cocoa gingerbread look sooo good!! I can’t wait to try both!!! 🙂

Erica December 11, 2012 - 8:44 am

Totally delicious! SO seasonal! I adore

alexe December 29, 2012 - 1:29 pm

Hello Michelle and Lori!

I think it’s my first time commenting but I’ve been reading your blog for years and always love to hear about your lives, food and fitness preferences.

I just wanted to share a laugh with you today… I made your quick bread yesterday but read the recipe wrong and put 1 cup of apple cider VINEGAR in my bread. LOL! I felt so stupid afterwards! I’m still eating it because I ate to waste food and it’s not that bad but I’m sure it’s a lot better with regular apple cider… I can’t wait to make it again with the real ingredients!

Thanks for sharing all those yummy recipes with us!
Enjoy the Holidays!

purelytwins December 29, 2012 - 3:39 pm

haha oh no!! that has happened to us before too 😉

Nafise December 3, 2014 - 9:10 pm

smells good!
can I use plantain instead of flour?

purelytwins December 4, 2014 - 11:08 am

never tried it with plantain flour, you can give it a try