what I have been eating and updates

Glad everyone enjoyed seeing Lori’s eats, as well as her Christmas decorations and helping her deal with Jax. We both appreciate the comments and emails!!

Yesterday after a quick morning workout, I enjoyed a green smoothie. It was just what I needed, as Lori mentioned we are starting to have smoothies more often again.  This one had water, romaine, kale , kelp powder, fresh ginger, and perfect fit protein! I had a busy morning so I love how I can make a smoothie in minutes and enjoy it in seconds as they are easy for me to digest!

And smoothies make for the perfect  on-the-go meal!

Lori and I had another very late night working on cookbook, so coffee was a must when I was out and about!

I did not have much food in the house for lunch (I need to go to the grocery store!)  so I made due with what I could find. Cooked up two whole eggs with arugula along with cucumber, carrots, and celery. I filled my celery sticks with lots of tahini and then topped my lunch plate off with a big scoop of coconut oil and about 3 tbsp hemp seeds.  A little later, after what feels like hours on the computer working, I made me some coffee and sliced me up some apple cider bread.

I too made up a new recipe (well the same recipe Lori made). We both like to practice our  new recipes so we can make changes when we feel needed.  I plan to make this apple cider bread one more time today, and we will share recipe on Friday!

Went back to do more work!

Dinner was a nice change. I enjoyed a bison burger (I have been on a meat kick lately). This bison burger was from WholeFoods in the freezer section.  And I noticed after eating that my dinner was cabbage heavy and to my surprise DID NOT upset my stomach!!  Actually, I felt great after dinner.  I was fueled and focused, as I went back to work to finish edits on the cookbook.

After working late into the night, I grabbed some pieces of chocolate (4 squares to be exact).   Please excuse my snowflake PJ pants 😉

And this morning Lori and I reviewed our cookbook one more time over coffee and more apple bread (covered with coconut oil).  So good!

We think one or two more edits and then it is FINISHED!!! We are now working on all the different platforms that we could possibly sell on. A lot to go over. Tomorrow we hope we can finally make it officially available for purchase!

WAHOO!!! 🙂

And now for more of our favorite thing to share – shout outs from all of you!

Thanks ladies for sharing the love! We are glad everyone is enjoying all our recipes and food ideas.

Lori and I will be back to normal blogging schedule, social media routine,  workouts. Well, we hope to be back to normal with everything soon. The cookbook has take over our lives… WE LOVE every minute of it!

Have a great Wednesday!

Michelle

jodye @ chocolate and chou flour December 5, 2012 - 12:09 pm

Whatever recipe you’re working on looks mighty good! I can’t wait for the cookbook! And you need no excuses for snowflake PJ pants, ’tis the season, after all!

purelytwins December 6, 2012 - 8:22 am

thanks Jodye! just love my snowflake pants ’tis the season 🙂

Heather @ For the Love of Kale December 5, 2012 - 12:21 pm

SO EXCITED for you ladies. I can’t wait to see the finished product. You’re both so talented and amazing!

purelytwins December 6, 2012 - 8:22 am

thank you so much Heather!! xoxo

kim@hungryhealthygirl December 5, 2012 - 1:46 pm

Can’t wait for the cookbook to come out! And the Apple Cider bread looks delicious….good idea spreading on coconut oil.

purelytwins December 6, 2012 - 8:23 am

thanks Kim, coconut oil is so good on just about anything for us, we love it 😉

Ana December 5, 2012 - 1:57 pm

I like all your eats!! Waiting for that apple cider bread recipe, looks so good!
Ana

purelytwins December 6, 2012 - 8:23 am

hugs ANA!

the delicate place December 5, 2012 - 2:32 pm

i had a bison burger on friday at this great place called burgatory! so good! i have been having smoothies lately too..i mean i know it’s cold but it’s a way for me to have breakfast on the go bc otherwise i would just skip it!

so excited to hear how the cookbook pitch goes!

purelytwins December 6, 2012 - 8:23 am

I wish I had local places that did bison burgers! same here about the smoothies!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 5, 2012 - 2:49 pm

Yay!! Congrats on being almost finished! 😀

Anna @ The Guitlless Life December 5, 2012 - 3:18 pm

Can’t wait for that apple cider bread recipe – and I love that Ghiardhelli chocolate, it’s my favourite variety! I’m very excited for your cookbook!

purelytwins December 6, 2012 - 8:24 am

Ghiradhelli chocolate so good 🙂

Sarah December 5, 2012 - 8:31 pm

That bread looks delicious! I can’t wait for the recipe! And you dinner is making me drool right now….YUM!! All my favorite things!

lindsay December 5, 2012 - 10:20 pm

yep, bison lover over here! and i hope we get to see that cookbook soon. DYING!

purelytwins December 6, 2012 - 8:24 am

chris December 6, 2012 - 7:30 am

CONGRATS!!!!Looking forward to the cookbook.
I notice that you do not worry about melting your coconut oil on salads and so forth. Doesn’t it taste odd just having a spoonful of coconut oil atop your salad? How do you do it?
Thanks!!!

purelytwins December 6, 2012 - 8:25 am

not for us, since we love coconut oil so much the taste of putting it right on our eats does not bother us. sometimes we enjoy it in liquid form but sometimes lazy and just scoop it solid.

chris December 9, 2012 - 6:30 am

I love coconut oil (& butter…Dastony makes the absolute best coconut butter I have ever had), but I never thought of using it in solid form. I will have to try it 🙂

Do you scoop it into your smoothies solid, too? When I do this I usually get little clumps of hard coconut oil that it unpleasant. Any “insider tips?” 🙂

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige December 6, 2012 - 9:47 am

You guys are so close!! That’s so exciting. Congrats 😀

Megan @ The Detoxinista December 6, 2012 - 3:27 pm

Congrats on finishing up the book! So exciting! Is it going to be available in print, or as a PDF?

purelytwins December 6, 2012 - 3:40 pm

Megan we are working on all options. Some are just taking longer to figure out.

MElissa December 6, 2012 - 8:19 pm

Hi guys,

I just want to say that I love reading your blog.

I noticed that you guys eat a lot of fat (i.e. coconut oil). Im in the process of trying to lose weight using a calorie restricted diet, so I have to cut out a lot of fat from my diet. I’m wondering how you guys manage to maintain your weight while still consuming high fat foods.

Thanks for your help! And keep up the great recipies 🙂

purelytwins December 7, 2012 - 9:17 am

Melissa well we do best with high fats, everyone is different. But it is not really fat that makes people fat, it is over eating. We find when we eat high fats it helps keep us full therefore keeping everything else in balance. We are also active girls (we workout 5-6 days a week). There are a lot of health articles out there supporting high fat diets, as well as low fat. So you have to experiment with your own body, but do not fear fats! They can help you stay lean.

Stacy December 19, 2012 - 12:45 pm

How did u guys figure out that u do best on high fats? I know it takes experimenting and such, but how did u really know? I’ve been experimenting a ton with my diet, but i still cant find the “sweet spot” in terms of macros.

Is your diet more of the “paleo” nature?

What % of you diet is fat, carbs, pro? Do u know your cals?

I admire your continued efforts to sleuth your way to health… it really is helping a lot of other people out as well!