Growing up Michelle and I adored a banana chocolate chip bar that if I remember correctly we got off the back of a nestle chocolate chip bag.
We made it a lot! Even through college we found ourselves making it for us. We had this one friend who requested it all the time! Seriously, all the time. Oh those were the days. Ok…not reminiscing about college…back to banana chocolate chip blondie bars.
It has been years since either one of us had made that classic recipe.
A healthy recipe for gluten-free egg-free dairy-free low sugar banana chocolate chip blondies.
And when I made pumpkin chocolate chip blondie squares it occurred to me that recipe was almost similar to those bars from our past.
When Michelle was in town a few weeks ago I mentioned to her about my idea and off to the kitchen we went. Then I thought to myself we should make a fun video of us baking this new version of banana chocolate chip bars. And friends that is what we did 🙂
How to make no sugar added gluten-free vegan chocolate chip blondies.
Oh how this recipe brought back so many great memories for us both. Just like old times. But instead of remaking that classic recipe, we added in some changes to create a super yummy dessert with a few of our favorite ingredients.
Just like with pumpkin and chocolate, there is something about bananas and chocolate that fits perfectly together.
These blondie bars are super yummy. Trust us? They are worth making.
They came out of the oven really moist (as you can tell by my comment in the video) and very soft. Like Michelle said in the video we added in cacao nibs because we adore their flavor and slight crunch they bring to the blondies.
Sweet, perfectly spiced banana blondies with pieces of chocolate chips, cacao nibs, and chia seeds. What is not to love?
To say the least…we had loads of fun in the kitchen as well as creating the video. We hope you enjoy seeing us making these banana chip blondies.
We were so beyond excited with these as they were sweet, moist and slightly cake-like.
Compared to the original our pumpkin bar recipe we omitted the coconut sugar and just relied on the bananas for sweetness Other changes we made were adding in cacao nibs and chia seeds for a little extra texture.
This recipe was inspired by chocolate chip pumpkin blondie barsPrint
banana chocolate chip blondies (gluten free, vegan, dairy free, nut free)
A healthy recipe for banana chocolate chips blondies that are made without added sugar. Gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free and nut free recipe for banana blondies.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: makes one batch of blondies 8 in baking dish 1x
- 2/3 cup amaranth flour (3oz)
- 1/3 cup arrowroot starch (1 1/4oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 1/3 cups mashed bananas (about 10-11 oz)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (2oz) in liquid form
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place all dry ingredients, chocolate chips, cacao nibs, and chia seeds into a bowl , whisk the ingredients together.
- Next add in wet ingredients (banana puree and coconut oil).
- Stir all ingredients together in bowl.
- Stir until all combined.
- Batter will be a little thick.
- Grab 8-inch pan that is lightly oiled with coconut oil.
- Pour batter into pan and spread until evenly spread out.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Serving Size: serving size will vary
- You can use 1 cup of any gluten free flour blend.
- You can use brown rice or sorghum flour for the amaranth. Can use tapioca or cornstarch instead of arrowroot starch.
- Can use flax meal for the chia seeds.
- If you make in another pan, you may have to adjust baking time.
- Can do all chocolate chips instead of cacao nibs
So soft, dense, and chewy with each bite!
Banana chocolate bliss.
Already dreaming of your slice of warm banana chocolate chip blondie bar? Of course you are. Because they really are sensational bars! If say so ourselves.
We are still deciding if we are blondie or brownie lovers?
till next time,
and sorry for the last post, we were having internet issues this morning and put our post and video getting up late. sorry.