Chocolate chip cookies hands down are a classic sweet treat that is OUR all time favorite.
We love all types of variations of this classic cookie.
Soft. Crunchy. Thick. Thin. Chewy. Crispy. Love them all.
But… we would have to say our favorite style of chocolate chip cookies is a soft slightly chewy cookie that is thick and cake-like.
And we have been practicing this recipe for some time now. Think we finally got that texture we were looking for in this chocolate chip cookie recipe.
We were looking for the perfect soft thick cookie recipe! We know there are thousands and thousands of chocolate chip cookie recipes out their claiming to be the best. But is there really a best cookie recipe? It’s hard to be perfect, or the best, even with a cookie. So we are not going to claim these cookies are the best soft thick cookie (even though they are), we are just stating the fact that this is how we make a soft thick cookie. We feel you will agree too!
How to make soft thick cake-like chocolate chip cookies made from coconut flour?
Stay tuned to find out!
devour eat our mint cookie sandwiches with pure delight!
There is just something about cookies that just satisfies us. Could even say brings out the kid in us.
We are those girls that run to the kitchen so enthusiastically to make cookies. Easy way to make us smile is through chocolate chip cookies.
Tell you what.
We will share our now beloved soft chocolate chip cookie recipe.
This recipe is our go-to cookie recipe for many reasons.
One being it’s made out of coconut flour which we love. Two the cookies are thick and soft just the way we LOVE them. Third they are not overly sweet. Fourth they taste amazing!
When making these cookies you will have to press them down a little as they will not spread while baking. For us, having a thick batter this way helps us reach that mouthful of soft cookie texture we adore. What we mean is. We are not the biggest fans of really thin, nothing there kind of cookies.
We like a hearty cookie!
A cookie where you can really bite into and chew!
When we eat a cookie we want to EAT A COOKIE, if you know what we mean?
Also let these cookies cool a little on cookie sheet before placing them on a cooling rack.
One more thing about these cookies.
You might realize that we do majority coconut flour. Now many of you might already know that the typical rule of thumb with baking with coconut flour is to use A LOT OF EGGS to help with texture and final outcome. But… we like to bend the rules a little. Rules are meant to be broken, right?
And guess what, using a lot of coconut flour worked in this recipe. Coconut flour can be tricky. But for some reason it worked!
And we are very pleased it did!
Without further due here is our recipe for the best soft, cake-like hearty grain-free chocolate chip cookie made with coconut flour.
cardamom soft chocolate chip cookies with coconut flour
Simple grain free coconut flour soft thick chocolate chip cookies! They will become instant favorites in your house!
One of our top recipes! We dare you to try them!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: makes about 20-21 cookies 1x
- 2/3 cup coconut flour (2 3/4oz)
- 1/3 cup arrowroot starch (1 1/4oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or any sugar of your liking)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (*we did 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom (optional, we just love the flavor)
- 2 whole eggs or 2 flax gels
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, liquid
- 4 tablespoons coconut butter, softened (or real butter or vegan butter)
- 3–4 tablespoons water
- Have all ingredients out to room temperature.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, place all your dry ingredients. Stir.
- Add in your chocolate chips and stir.
- Next add in your softened (liquid) coconut butter, coconut oil and eggs (or flax gel – 3 tbsp flax meal with 6 tbsp water, let sit for 10 minutes.
- End with adding in your water. Till you get the batter to start holding together. You want it to be on the thick side.
- Scoop onto cookie sheets.
- We got about 20-21 cookies, all depends on your size scooper.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Cool before removing from cookie sheets.
And do not worry for those that need it to be vegan or without eggs. We made it with 2 flax gels. And it still worked!
Rest assured these cookies are definitely not free of flavour or sweetness. Oh soooo yummy and addictive!
Now who wants a soft hearty chocolate chip cookie?