train hard sweat hard

This week Gary has started to workout with me again first thing in the morning. Awhile back before we got our new house we worked out together just about every morning. He has been extremely busy with work so the only time for him to really workout is first thing in the morning.

Lately, I have been working out mid-morning allowing myself to have a full breakfast before any exercise. I was trying that out to see how my body did in terms of how it affected my hormones. So now getting up at 6 to workout first thing has been a little difficult. Re-training the body to move again upon getting up. Even harder now that it is so dark outside.

But I must say I am liking the early morning workouts again. It allows me to really start my day at 7am knowing that my workout is already done! And I am super proud of Gary for getting up and doing it all with me!

loving my Raw Threads jacket and yoga pants are from target. this is what my outfits usually look like daily.

In other news I finally got my license to be updated to my new last name. Something that has been on my to-do list since April 😉  Excuse the awkward angles, we have a full length mirror in the bedroom but it is not hung yet so hard to get a full body shot.

Here is what Michelle and I’s workouts have been this week.

Sunday – 8 minute plank workout

Monday enjoyed some Vega performance protein with a banana, came back later and ate another banana.

Monday – 8 minute plank workout plus 5 minute interval using Gymboss Interval Timer – 30/30 second intervals 5 rounds, each 30 seconds we did a different exercise (just did what we felt like, kinda random)

Michelle replenishing her body with Vega and banana too, gheez we are twins haha

Tuesday – 8 minute plank workout plus 15 minute Amanda Russel workout  Thank goodness for Gymboss Interval Timer to keep workouts on track!

Tuesday I enjoyed granny smith apples with some perfect fit protein, been craving both these things all the time.

My lunches have been looking like this:

mondays lunch (handfuls of spinach, butternut squash about 1/2cup-1 cup, tomatoes and broccoli, topped with nutritional yeast), came back later and enjoyed 2 whole eggs.

tuesday lunch (2 whole eggs, handfuls of lettuce, leeks,  tomatoes, steamed brussel sprouts, and few slices of roasted pumpkin with 1 tbsp coconut oil

Michelle and I have been eating most of our carbs in terms of sweet potatoes or winter squashes during the day, mainly at lunch time and sometimes we snack on them throughout the day. As we feel our metabolisms are the highest then and need those carbs to help fill us up. I also just really crave them during the day so I go with what my body is craving.

Wednesday: 8 minute #plankworkout  followed by a 100 rep workout that I created. We repeated the 100 rep workout twice making it 200 reps total.

Yesterday I felt like a smoothie after my workout (little over a cup of water, 2 bananas, 2 handfuls of kale, l-gluatamine and lemon juice). Thick and delicious.

Thursday (today): we again did our 8 minute #plankworkout  as our warm-up, then did a  5 minute ab workout. We both felt like really working our abs so that is what we did. We did 2 different exercises each 30 sec and repeated back and forth.

Set our Gymboss Interval Timer for 5 rounds of 30/30 intervals. 2 exercises we did:

• commando push-ups with knee tucks
  • full toe touches (similar to our one leg touch toe that we shared a long time ago, but this time brought both legs up)

Friday: plan doing our 8 minute #plankworkout  as our warm-up followed by another Tara yoga video with livestrong woman. Excited for this one.

Saturday is going to be a day off

Sunday we are thinking of a mini challenge, more on that once we decide what to do.

Even though we are not together we still manage to push and motivate each other with our workouts.

And a HUGE shot out to our dear friend Sarena the non-dairy queen who has been doing our new #plankworkout.

*Remember to mention #plankworkout hashtag on facebook, twitter, and instagram and tag purelytwins so we can highlight you on the blog!

In other news from our lovely FitFluential Community:

Sweet Tooth Sweet Life Yoga Challenge

Plant Power with Powercakes and For the love of kale

Lean Green Bean’s Live Lean Eat Green

Jill Hanner’s Fall back into fitness

Other Challenges:

Grow Soul Beautiful having yoga challenge

Hopefully we did not miss one, if we need let us know!

Do you have any challenges this month? Are you doing any of the challenges mentioned?

till next time,

Lori

the delicate place October 4, 2012 - 10:08 am

i am going fruit free for a month! i’m only 8 days in but i am retraining my tastebuds now that the weather is getting cooler and i eat local/seasonally. i know that the abundant produce is going to dwindle so i am preparing myself for that! i ran the 10k race on sunday and that is all i have done this week lol. my exercise has been slacking a lot lately because i am losing weight for some reason. not sure if it’s stress or what?

you girls look great!

purelytwins October 4, 2012 - 10:50 am

sorry about losing weight, stress might be a good place to start which we know you already know that. hang in there you will figure things out! xoxo
and we hope to eat more seasonally just hard to give up some fruit haha but thankfully there are our winter squashes to help.
sending lots of hugs!

Kasey @POWERCAKES.net October 4, 2012 - 10:25 am

Thank you for the shout out loves!! <3 Can't wait to feature you on PLANT POWER!!

purelytwins October 4, 2012 - 10:47 am

xoxo working on posts – we will get them to you soon!

Grow Soul Beautiful October 4, 2012 - 10:33 am

Thanks for mentioning the Yoga Instagram challenge! WE appreciate the support- you gals are adorable 😉

Be sure to check out our website- we believe in helping women see their beautiful in the inside and out through yoga, photography, & soul nourishment.

And OMG- I love you more b/c you have a Vizsla. You can see my 2 girls at http://www.clickthegoodnews.com – I have a whole page devoted to Blogging Vizslas.

purelytwins October 4, 2012 - 10:47 am

your welcome! love the idea of doing more yoga 😉
and yay for vizslas! will check out your site!

Heather @ For the Love of Kale October 4, 2012 - 10:41 am

Babes! Thanks so much for the shout out. You’re totally an inspiration to Kasey and I. Your support is AMAZING! Love all your workouts, as always, and I particularly love the small photo of Gary wiped out on the floor! Hahahaha. xoxo

purelytwins October 4, 2012 - 10:50 am

your welcome beautiful! thanks as always for the love and support!
hugs

Jay October 4, 2012 - 11:12 am

So your problem with amenorrhea is gone now?

purelytwins October 4, 2012 - 11:34 am

it is getting better, still a little irregular but better. we are learning more and more about our bodies and hormones.

Kris | iheartwellness.com October 4, 2012 - 11:27 am

Ladies you are so fit! I love it! Tell me….you do not run yourself ragged with boring cardio?? You are just short and intense? I must come live with you for a week to whip me back into shape!

Love you!

xxoo

purelytwins October 4, 2012 - 11:37 am

thanks Kris, you are so sweet. We don’t really do much cardio any more besides the few HIIT workouts we do. And Lori walks a lot now with her dog. And you are in great shape too, you are beautiful!

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life October 4, 2012 - 11:36 am

Thanks so much for the link love on my yoga challenge, ladies! You guys rock 😉

purelytwins October 4, 2012 - 12:38 pm

xoxo Courtney!

Chris October 4, 2012 - 12:48 pm

How do you prepare the protein powder? Are you mashing a banana into it or something else? Thanks!

purelytwins October 4, 2012 - 12:54 pm

Chris we scoop a scoop of protein powder into a cup, splash a little water at a time to make sure we don’t put too much water in as we like our protein mush thick. so add more or less water till your individual liking, then we just throw the slices of banana in it 🙂

Chris October 4, 2012 - 12:57 pm

Thanks for the info! Nice and fast when you need a little something-something.

purelytwins October 4, 2012 - 1:48 pm

yep 😉

Teri {a foodie stays fit} October 4, 2012 - 1:46 pm

holy crap, you guys are so inspirational! You make me wanna workout harder and, ahem, more frequently than I have lately! 🙂

purelytwins October 4, 2012 - 1:49 pm

thanks Teri xoxo

Ragnhild October 4, 2012 - 1:50 pm

I just love it when you post these kind of post, with whatever you ate and worked out! So inspiering!

Lisa October 4, 2012 - 3:55 pm

No challenges for me really this month, just keep on figuring out what works best for my body! And keep that up.
Love all the challenges happening though and your workouts are looking good as always!
I did the 8 minute plank workout yesterday! Amazing. My abs feel it today! I’ll probably do it again tomorrow too:)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) October 4, 2012 - 5:30 pm

Thanks for the link love! You two know I’m as obessed with planks as you are! Such an incredible move to work so many things! Planks are always a challenge for me, but I’m also running my first 5k next Saturday, so that’s a huge accomplishment I can’t wait to achieve!

purelytwins October 4, 2012 - 9:43 pm

thank you for doing our plank workout, we are deeply honored!!! and yay for your 5k, you are going to do great!

Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) October 5, 2012 - 7:12 am

Yay! I’m glad Sarena posted about the planks on Facebook as well. I’m down with the plank party idea, haha 😀

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean October 4, 2012 - 6:43 pm

thanks for the shoutout girls!

Fitness Update - Nicole Culver August 16, 2015 - 7:50 am

[…] love when the twins post quick workouts they do. Your workouts do not have to be hours long to get great […]