random but delicious

Before we get to food, Lori and I are both so happy everyone is excited to try out our new plank workout!! Please let us know if you do it!!

As I told you my eats change almost daily. If you missed my eats from the other day, you can check it out here.

Yesterday I enjoyed 1 1/2 peaches to start my day. The reason for the half is because one half of the peach went bad. Guess peaches are no longer in season, LOL Plus 1/2 tsp fermented cod liver oil. Forgot my probiotic. it happens

Work started early so about an hour or so later I made some coffee and my veggie egg omelet.

2 whole eggs, 1 tbsp coconut oil, nutritional yeast, cinnamon, and leftover grilled broccoli and onions

Which apparently to some people that is a big breakfast and I should not be eating nutritional yeast.

well cannot please everyone, as I like nutritional yeast and I like this breakfast.

After another hour or two of work (and lots of coffee) I was ready to workout.

zwow32workout

8 minute plank workout to warmup. love my Gymboss Interval Timer!

Followed by #ZWOW 32 I finished the workout in under 10 minutes.

Then did the same interval as my plank and went for a run. 30 seconds I jogged slowly and 30 seconds I sprinted. Phew it was tough in the hot Floria heat. Not fall here yet.

Did a cool down, and quickly made me my post workout smoothie –> I was really looking forward to this smoothie.

This green smoothie was 2 cups water, 3 stalks kale, handful cilantro, some ACV, fresh ginger, 1 large banana, 1 cup frozen figs, l-glutamine, & 2 tbsp brown rice protein powder.

Lori and I are experimenting with adding protein powder back into our smoothies. If  you are new to following us, we talked about mixing fruit with other things (mainly fat) in relation to out skin breaking out and digestion. Check out this post for more info.

vegancakes

Then it was time to take a break from work to test some new recipes that Lori and I have been working on since last week.

Remember we mentioned we had yummy vegan cakes coming soon? Well they are closer than you think, just a few more attempts.

individualcake

I enjoyed ALL 3 CAKES with coconut oil drizzled over all of them! As well as snacked on some raw carrots, cucumber, and sauerkraut. Totally random but totally delicious.

I do not normally have three mini cakes in one day, but sometimes when Lori and I are recipe testing what we are making tends to be what we eat all day.

I had a busy afternoon and early evening with work, good thing these mini cakes kept me full! Lori and I can’t wait to share the recipe with you–>tomorrow!

Dinner was simple and perfect! Nothing too exciting.

Grilled shrimp, grilled cauliflower, zucchini, onions, and 1/2 avocado all drizzled with 1 tbsp coconut oil.

Enjoyed a nice big glass of red wine. And a second plate of shrimp and cauliflower.

Another day full of great random but delicious eats and a happy belly.

Before I headed to relax before bed, my pulp bread was done dehydrating, I enjoyed a little.

Twins question: What random food or drink have you been enjoying lately? Do you like shrimp?  Who else is still experiencing warm/hot weather?

till next time,

Michelle

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table September 25, 2012 - 11:16 am

Eat what you like! I think nooch on the breakfast sounds delish. Plus, nutritional yeast is a lot different than brewer’s yeast.

Teresa September 25, 2012 - 12:00 pm

All weekend I snacked in the evenings on some homemade pickled brussel sprouts, dill pickles and a glass of wine. Weird but so good!

Coco September 25, 2012 - 12:20 pm

If two eggs and veggies is a big breakfast, I’m most definitely a fat ass! I really don’t get while people are so concerned with what/ how much you eat.. Your both super fit and healthy! It’s always nice to enjoy a glass of wine with dinner too! 🙂

purelytwins September 25, 2012 - 1:26 pm

Thanks Coco.

The Delicate Place (@misathemeb) September 25, 2012 - 12:39 pm

i do like shrimp but i eat it sparingly bc i tend to get a couple pimples haha. maybe i am slightly allergic to it? mmmm how about sharing those mini cakes?
umm..also, since when is 2 eggs a ‘big breakfast?’ lol! she doesn’t want to see my breakfast smoothies!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance September 25, 2012 - 12:47 pm

I love nutritional yeast . . . who’s telling you not to eat it?!?

Shrimp is fantastic. I need to get more of it into my diet–it’s been too long.

Random craving lately has been walnuts. I just have to grab a small handful every day, all of a sudden. 🙂

kim@hungryhealthygirl September 25, 2012 - 1:04 pm

Love shrimp! I’m in Texas, so I’ve definitely still been coping with warm weather. Highs in the 90s everyday, but at least the mornings and evenings are a bit cooler.

lindsay September 25, 2012 - 1:28 pm

i love how people told you not to eat nutrition al yeast. That sounds good to me. I put it on eggs for breakfast! and my eats change daily, amen!!

Felicia September 25, 2012 - 3:23 pm

dont ever let someone make you feel bad about your food choices. someone will always have their opinion. your breakfast looks pretty standard to me. mine are prettttty big sooo i’d love for that person to make a comment on mine. sorry we like to fuel ourselves? haha

Aubrey September 25, 2012 - 3:48 pm

I saw that on fb I was like r u kidding me!!!!

Well u guys r a HUGE inspiration for me and keep doing what you do!

Please keep these post going they help immensely.

Love u guys!

purelytwins September 25, 2012 - 4:03 pm

Thank you Aubrey for your sweet words!

Candice September 25, 2012 - 4:00 pm

That breakfast is not at all too big. It sounds delicious and loaded with nutrition. I am a big fan of nutritional yeast. I too enjoy on my eggs among other things like popcorn and in delicious “cheezy” sauces! Yum! Thanks for sharing your eats. I really appreciate these posts. They help us to see that if we keep eating whole nutritional foods and active, you can enjoy a lot and stay fit! Good news for a foodie/fitness addict like me! 🙂 You girls are such a good example of being balanced. Keep on sharing with us please!

purelytwins September 25, 2012 - 4:04 pm

Candice yes thank you! We try out best to show people we like to have fun with life 🙂

Lisa September 25, 2012 - 4:10 pm

Eh, you can never please everyone. I don’t think that sounds like a really big breakfast at all. And nutritional yeast has SO many vitamins and nutrients! Silly silly.
Yay for wine! I’ve been loving anything with coconut flour lately! Like obsessed. Oh and pumpkin.

purelytwins September 25, 2012 - 5:55 pm

thanks Lisa 🙂
we go through periods of loving coconut flour then we stop for awhile then we pick it back up haha

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile September 25, 2012 - 4:32 pm

Is that lady stoned? My breakfasts must look like I’m feeding an army, lol! I think it looks quite tasty, as well as all the other delicious eats in this post! ;D

purelytwins September 25, 2012 - 5:55 pm

haha love ya

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) September 25, 2012 - 5:54 pm

Everything I eat is random. I thought that breakfast was perfect in size and nutrition! The weather is cool in the morning, hot during the day and cool again in the evenings here in Atlanta. Not too hot though, so I’m a happy girl!

Your plank workout was on my plan for this morning, but it got foiled! I’m doing it tomorrow though!

single serving baked thin mint cake | purelytwins January 13, 2015 - 3:02 pm

[…] new nightly ritual, sometimes even midday little chocolately treat. Sometimes we might have 3 mini cakes in one day, (we drink a lot of water to push that fiber through us) we are not ashamed as this thin mint cake […]