my eats through my phone

Hey luvs!

Glad everyone enjoyed seeing pictures of little Jax! He is the cutest!!

I captured most of my day through my iphone yesterday. So please excuse the poor quality of pictures. Lori and I get a lot of request for what we eat in a day, what we snack on, our workouts, etc. So we hope to show you all, and hopefully help others that are suffering with “afraid of eating too much fat”  idea , instead learn that fat is your friend. Well the right kind of fat.  And please remember we all handle different amounts of fats, although you should not fear them!!! Our bodies need fat for so many health reasons.

I started my day with some water, probiotic, and 1/2 tsp fermented cod liver oil, followed my a large peach.

Then after doing some work I decided I was ready for coffee and breakfast of the day. (my eats change daily)

Chia seed pudding – about a heaping 1/3 cup chia gel (I made a big batch of chia gel at the beginning of the week  that I scoop from, so it was whatever was left),  goat yogurt, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp hemp seeds, and decided I felt like chocolate so added some cocoa powder.

Back to work I went before I did my 8 minute plank workout, Gymboss Interval Timer ready. More on the new plank workout video soon.

Post workout meal was a green smoothie made with kale, water, ginger, banana, and peach.

Did more work.

Lunch was something fun! Decided it was a chocolate chip pancake kind of day.

mmm  love pancakes! I tweaked this chocolate chip pancake recipe by using hemp protein powder instead of amaranth and did 2 eggs instead of applesauce.

plate one – pancakes with some scrambled eggs

I drizzled my plate with some maple syrup and 1 tbsp coconut oil.

And there was just one pancake left and a little eggs, I could not let them go to waste 😉  I did not have  more maple with this plate, felt like more coconut oil!

Belly happy and full!

After lunch I steamed up this bad boy.

mmmm buttercup squash! very similar to my fav kabocha squash.

so good, seriously if you have not tried any variety of winter squash you must!

After I stuffed my face with some squash,  I got dressed to head to my best friend’s daughters birthday party.

Then it was time to prep dinner.

On the weekends we have big family dinners! My dad loves to grill.

Nothing like sipping on some wine while prepping dinner.

I  snacked on raw veggies with tahini. Probably had about 2 tbsp worth of tahini. Love that stuff.

Then it was dinner time. Grilled broccoli, onions, peppers and 3 types of fish. The fish was caught by my dad and my brother-in-law.

My first plate: fish and veggies, with more coconut oil!! I enjoyed two plates just like this.

Then I decided to make a new chocolate chip cookie recipe for dessert for the family.

I enjoyed two warm cookies!

Well that was my eats for the day. As I mentioned above my eats change just about everyday depending my schedule, what food I have on hand, and what I feel like. I have no idea how many calories I ate. No idea how many carbs, fat, protein etc. I just focused on real food. And most importantly enjoyed everything I ate. My stomach has been great all day!! And for me that is the most important.

Have a great day, I am currently at a football game with my  dad. A little father daughter bonding time.

till next time,

Michelle

Danielle September 23, 2012 - 1:56 pm

It is really inspiring to see someone show their food and not worry about how much you ate, the calories, etc. Focusing on real food I feel is the best approach!

PS. Your eats look delicious!

purelytwins September 23, 2012 - 2:18 pm

thanks Danielle!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile September 23, 2012 - 2:11 pm

Everything looks delicious as usual! loving the choco chip pancakes and wine;)

purelytwins September 23, 2012 - 2:18 pm

two favs 😉 can never go wrong with those haha

Heather @ Sweetly Raw September 23, 2012 - 2:29 pm

Mmm such great eats you always have! Those pancakes look soooo delish. Now that the colder weather is starting Im in the mood for warmer, heavier foods. I’ll have to make them! Love squash too!

purelytwins September 23, 2012 - 2:45 pm

same here girl, we are excited for our warmer foods

Katie @wishandwhimsy September 23, 2012 - 2:49 pm

Gosh…I haven’t put chocolate chips in my pancakes for AGES! Definitely on my agenda for next weekend’s pancake making.

purelytwins September 23, 2012 - 5:57 pm

do it 🙂

The Delicate Place (@misathemeb) September 23, 2012 - 3:05 pm

have a great time at the game! those choc chip pcakes look so dense and delish! i am obsessed with squash and tahini together with a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds. so good!

purelytwins September 23, 2012 - 5:57 pm

yes it is so, love tahini!

Liz @ iheartvegtables September 23, 2012 - 9:35 pm

Sometimes the iphone is all I have for photos too!!! At least camera phones have come a LOT way 😉

Kaila September 23, 2012 - 9:55 pm

THANK YOU for being so positive and open about “just eating real food.” Seriously, I cannot tell you how important it is that people have role models who teach them how to stop counting calories, macros, etc. etc. etc. and just…enjoy their meals. It’s amazing…especially when you get to enjoy that yummy food with friends and family.

😀

Aubrey September 23, 2012 - 10:35 pm

Thank you so much! This helped a lot!

Please continue!

I am recovering from a severe Ed an having something like this is so helpful this is like a dream day for me. Maybe one day. Your eats are so good!

Lauren September 24, 2012 - 8:20 am

I have a buttercup squash on my counter right now! Making it tonight! Yum! I love squash season!!

katty lea September 24, 2012 - 12:18 pm

BUTTERCUP SQUASH IS MY DRUG!!

I am obsessed. It’s a problem.

Teri {a foodie stays fit} September 26, 2012 - 8:56 am

those cookies look delicious! i hope you share the recipe soon.

i love big family dinners. my family always gets together on sundays for dinner. it’s chaos with everyone and all the kids but so fun. i miss it so much!

xo