Time to make cupcakes!
Gluten-free chocolate peanut butter cupcakes.
Yesterday I had some fun baking some cupcakes for my brother-in-law’s birthday!
He loves peanut butter, so I decided to make chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting.
mmm chocolate cupcakes!
Now for peanut butter frosting….start with real creamy peanut butter.
Added with sugar, butter, and milk…blend till creamy.
Gluten-free chocolate cupcake recipe with peanut butter frosting.
I made a quick video of me making the cupcakes and frosting…well the best I could 😉
Thanks to my sister Carrie for helping!
As I mentioned in the video, these cupcakes were inspired from Lori and I’s chocolate donut recipe.Print
Gluten-free chocolate cupcakes with a peanut butter frosting
A simple gluten-free chocolate cupcake recipe with a peanut butter frosting.
- Prep Time: 6 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- 1/2 cup flour (I did 1/4 cup amaranth flour 1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour)
- 5 tbsp flax
- 5 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (coconut sugar for low glycemic)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- 3 cups confectioner sugar
- 1/2 cup milk (any milk)
- 4 tbsp butter (grass-fed or ghee)
- about 2/3 cup real peanut butter
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place dry ingredients into bowl and mix together.
- Then add wet ingredients. Stir together.
- Batter will be thick, yet runny. Scoop into cupcake liners.
- Bake for about 16-20 minutes.
- beat all ingredients together. Place in fridge to set for about 30 minutes or so.
- Once cupcakes are cool, swipe frosting over cupcakes!
- You will have leftover frosting…just have to make more cupcakes!
- Serving Size: makes 9 cupcakes
Light and fluffy cupcakes with a rich peanut butter frosting.
And be warned you will have left over frosting…good all by itself, if you wish 😉
Do you like peanut butter?
Do you like chocolate and peanut butter together?