pancake yogurt wrap

Currently snacking on

post workout protein pancake

Start out with a simple sweet potato protein pancake.

[print_this]

sweet potato protein pancake

Sweet potato protein pancake/wrap recipe:

Makes 2 thin pancakes or wrap

• 1/3 cup sweet potato puree (well packed)
  • 3/4 cup egg whites
  • 3 tbsp protein powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tbsp flax meal
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 10 drops stevia

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and then heat up a little coconut oil in pan over medium heat.  Pour half the batter into pan and let cook. Flip and let cook some more. Repeat with remaining batter. *Can make smaller pancakes if desired

Next make your yogurt filling – mix some yogurt with protein powder (as much as you like for both).

[/print_this]

Mix. Spread. Roll.

Enjoy after a great workout! Or for an easy portable…although a little messy… mid-morning snack!

We have seen others enjoy sweet potato pancakes and decided to give them a try.  Sooooo good.

We are glad we finally gave sweet potato pancakes a try, and you should too if you have not already 🙂

We look forward in mixing these sweet potato pancakes into our eats.

Have you made a sweet potato pancake before? How do you like your sweet potatoes?

till next time,

Lori and Michelle

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat August 17, 2012 - 2:33 pm

I am in love with this idea! I had sweet potato pancakes at a restaurant once, and I’m sure they were completely unhealthy – but delicious.

purelytwins August 17, 2012 - 2:34 pm

haha sometimes you just can’t think too much and just enjoy, glad you did 😉

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance August 17, 2012 - 2:38 pm

I just baked a sweet potato today! I love them. Never had them as a pancake though. Today, diced up a portion of the sweet potato and through it on my salad. Otherwise, one of my favorite ways to eat one is when it’s topped with black beans and an obscene amount of hot sauce. So yummy.

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile August 17, 2012 - 3:15 pm

What a great idea! I’ve had something similar before, and it was deeelish. I’m sure yours is much better 😉

purelytwins August 17, 2012 - 3:32 pm

you are too sweet, but yours was just as good xoxo

Katy August 17, 2012 - 3:19 pm

Why have I never thought to make a wrap with a protein pancake! Or make some kind of rolls and cut them up in bite-sized pieces. Mmmm. Thanks for the idea!

purelytwins August 17, 2012 - 3:32 pm

your welcome!

Kierston August 17, 2012 - 4:00 pm

I love how you included sweet potato into your recipe! Mmm Mm!

Miriam @ Bellaspire August 17, 2012 - 5:22 pm

That looks really tasty!! I wonder if you could pour the batter into a waffle maker and glaze it with the filling. Can’t wait to try the wraps!

kim@hungryhealthygirl August 17, 2012 - 8:13 pm

I love sweet potato pancakes! My recipe is very similar to yours. Love the yogurt wrap idea!

Elle August 17, 2012 - 8:18 pm

I am going to make these with pumpkin.. will let you know how they turn out.

chris August 17, 2012 - 9:18 pm

Has anyone tried to make it with chia/flax egg instead of the egg?

Lauren August 17, 2012 - 9:46 pm

I’ve just recently been eating more sweet potatoes, so this recipe comes at a great time! A nice substitute to high glycemic bananas and in pancake form! Awesome.

chris August 18, 2012 - 8:04 am

Sweet potatoes are SUPER healthy!!!! They are packed with awesome nutrients. I have always loved them!!!!
Do you know that most of what we call sweet potatoes are actually yams? If I recall correctly, sweet potatoes are really an off whitish color, not the typical orange like a yam. Enjoy! How else do you like your sweet potato?

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table August 18, 2012 - 7:45 am

I LOVE sweet potato pancakes – I can’t believe I never thought to roll it up and ice it with yogurt! I could eat this for dessert. I bet it would be good with a chocolate protein icing too.

Heather @ Sweetly Raw August 18, 2012 - 11:48 am

Ooh this looks delish girls. Great idea to make a wrap using a pancake! Will have to try it.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) August 18, 2012 - 3:47 pm

I LOVE sweet potato pancakes! These look and sound perfect! I hope you’re both having a great weekend!

purelytwins August 18, 2012 - 4:29 pm

thanks girl, same to you!

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness August 18, 2012 - 7:29 pm

The sweet potato pancakes look great! I’ve never added sweet potato to my protein pancakes but I imagine it gives it really great flavor! I will definitely be trying out this recipe!

purelytwins August 18, 2012 - 7:50 pm

Danielle, yes if you love sweet potatoes then you will enjoy them in pancakes.

Meagan August 19, 2012 - 2:05 pm

These look great! I’ll definitely try with some modifications for my own diet.

I’ve noticed that you both eat a lot of protein powder- have you ever tried eating more high quality protein? Maybe some of your troubles are due to the protein powder you eat?

purelytwins August 19, 2012 - 2:10 pm

Thanks Meagan but we do eat high quality protein too.

Meagan August 19, 2012 - 2:12 pm

I know you do, but I meant eat LESS protein powder, MORE real protein. Like, have you ever tried switching up the ratio?

purelytwins August 19, 2012 - 2:24 pm

Yep! everyday is different. we actually have reduced our protein powder intake. We just cannot handle digesting a lot of meat so protein powders help gives us calories and protein. we already eat eggs everyday and have fish a few times a week.

Stephanie October 10, 2012 - 12:55 pm

Could you make this recipe without protein powder? Or do you think it wouldn’t turn out? Thanks

purelytwins October 10, 2012 - 2:38 pm

you could always try using regular flour and see how they turn out, we would assume they still would.

Stephanie October 13, 2012 - 4:55 pm

So you mean use 3 Tbsp. regular flour instead of protein powder? thanks

purelytwins October 13, 2012 - 6:56 pm

Stephanie yep

Trisha October 11, 2012 - 8:35 am

I’m going to try this as a portable breakfast… I do something similar , I call an egg burrito. I make a pancake with egg whites and spread sweet potato, coconut butter, apples and banana applesauce on half.. smoosh together and eat. sooo yummy. now i’ve got to try the sweet tater in the batter! mmmm.

mini sweet potato flour “flat” cake recipes (made with just 6 ingredients) | purelytwins January 13, 2015 - 3:35 pm

[…] Protein Yogurt Pancake Wrap […]