beach leg workout

Happy Saturday luvs!

We have a lot more videos coming your way answering many questions that we receive on a daily basis! We are so honored that everyone is liking our videos. We are surprised how much we are enjoying doing them, this VEDA challenge sure has helped us stay on a schedule.

Like we said yesterday we are having a great R & R weekend to help clear our minds of issues we are facing. It is great to really get away and think about different things. We are enjoying ourselves!

plank

Today we wanted to share our workout we did at the hotel gym, a quick leg workout along with our plank workout and bridge.

Before our workout we fueled up with coffee and a big platter of fruit (pineapple, berries, 1/2 banana)

Then we were ready to move the body!

haha awkward picture

we love working our legs, anyone else?

We did a mix of our favorite legs exercises.

[print_this]

PurelyTwins Beach Leg Workout:

Step-ups – 20 lb (10 in each hand)  -2 sets of 30 alternating legs

Backward Lunges- left leg – 16 lbs (8 in each hand) – 2 sets of 15

Backward Lunges – right leg- 16 lbs – 2 sets of 15

Pile squats – 15 lbs – 2 sets of 25

Jump squats – 2 sets of 30

**add more weight or less weights to meet your fitness level

And for a little more finish the workout with an interval run.

Here is what we did for our interval run:

40 second jog

20 second sprint

repeat 4 times

[/print_this]

Michelle is wearing her ToneItUp tank. And Lori is wearing Raw Threads tank.  And Mizuno shoes.

And we ATTEMPTED pullups…

haha neither one of us could do one

a lot different than doing our pullups on our equalizer

After our workout we decided to do a 4 minute run interval on the beach.

Beautiful view, eh?

We replenished our bodies after our workout with 2 bananas and perfect fit protein…separate of course.

be back later

Nicole August 11, 2012 - 4:44 pm

great workout! have fun!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance August 11, 2012 - 4:47 pm

I can’t do pull-ups either! I wish I could though–that would be awesome.

I love doing leg exercises. There is nothing more satisfying than feeling the burn in your legs! 🙂

purelytwins August 11, 2012 - 7:57 pm

I know we thought we were strong enough for pull ups but ya no. not ready yet 🙂 one day!!

Maria@Cardigan_Crew August 11, 2012 - 9:42 pm

Great workout! I was searching for a new leg workout yesterday and this is perfect- gonna try at gym tomorrow 🙂

Audrey Adams August 11, 2012 - 11:49 pm

Definitely want to do this! I’ve been trying to find a new leg workout! This is perfect. You think it could all be repeated 3X as well?

purelytwins August 12, 2012 - 6:17 pm

Audrey oh yes of course.

Erica August 12, 2012 - 12:18 am

You two are so darn cute! Way to get the workouts in on the trip.

Mariel August 12, 2012 - 3:30 am

lucky you guys are at the beach!!! i love that scene, awesome place for a workout! 🙂

Sue Conaghan August 13, 2012 - 2:31 pm

Since I was in my teens(I am now 60), my face breaks out in pimples whenever I eat broccoli. I love broccoli in all forms, but it doesn’t love me. I have looked for organic vitamins that don’t contain broccoli, but can’t find any. I just want you to notice when you eat it if your skin breaks out worse than normal.

Erica August 13, 2012 - 8:06 pm

Whoop! I love leg workouts. Squats are just the bestest. Glad y’all had a nice weekend