Do you remember our first vegan protein muffin?
Well awhile back we got request if that recipe could be made with chia seeds and not flax meal. So, we tried it out.
Recipe for gluten-free egg-free chia seed protein muffin
And using whole chia seeds worked! Though it was a little on the chewy side but still good.
Sometimes when we do a recipe using flax meal and then try it again with chia seeds it does not always come out. After trying whole chia seeds we decided to try it with chia flour (ground up chia seeds) and does work a little better than the seeds, but has a stronger ‘chia seed’ taste. This is one reason we tend to use flax in a lot of our recipes.
Although with this vegan protein muffin recipe, we found chia seeds to work perfectly.
A nice change in texture compared to using flax.Print
vegan chia protein muffin (gluten-free, low sugar)
A recipe for egg-free gluten-free chia seed protein muffin. Low-sugar healthy muffin that serves 1 -2.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup protein powder (we used chocolate protein powder)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia (adjust to taste, add in more if you want it more sweet)
- 4 tablespoons water
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place protein powder and chia seeds into a bowl.
- Next add in your baking soda and baking powder and stevia.
- Begin to stir.
- (if you do not want to use stevia in this recipe, use about 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite sugar)
- Next add in your water.
- Start slow as different protein powders vary in how much water they absorb!
- You can use a non-dairy milk alternative if you would like.
- Once mixed together, place muffin batter into a lightly coconut oiled pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serving Size: serves 1 -2
Take out from warm oven let cool slightly and then enjoy.
A perfect traveling snack that is full of protein and fiber! That should keep you full and focused.
Do you find yourself using chia or flax more in recipes?
Do you like chia seed flour to bake with?
What do you like better chia seeds or flax seeds?