mommy what you doing?

Jax gets so confused when he sees us holding our plank…well doing any type of workout for that matter.

Thursday – day off, as we had a busy day at the bakery.

Friday – We got a  good quick workout in.

Started with our 5 minute #plankworkout

Then set our Gymboss Interval Timer  to 10/30 second intervals for our bridge pose followed by 3 sets of 10 pullups using our equalizer. Plus did about 20 push-ups and one leg squats off the equalizer.

Saturday – day off (well besides running around chasing Jax)

And currently been eating way too many figs!

What can we say they are the best!

And today Sunday– probably be an active rest day with a walk and some push-ups.  And hope to do this yoga workout!

Push-ups are always a go to quick exercise for us to do whenever we feel like it. Do you have a workout move that you do often?

till next time,

Lori and Michelle

lindsay July 15, 2012 - 1:05 pm

wish i could be hanging out, doing yoga, doggy play date, and eatin’ figs!

purelytwins July 15, 2012 - 3:03 pm

one day that will happen!! hugs

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance July 15, 2012 - 1:24 pm

Squats and/or walking lunges. You don’t need weights or fancy equipment–but they’re doing a number for your legs. 🙂

purelytwins July 15, 2012 - 3:03 pm

So true Michelle! we love our squats!

Erin @ The Grass Skirt July 15, 2012 - 2:02 pm

So cute! My puppy gets confused when I jump rope. At least, I assume it is confusion. She probably just thinks I’m nuts!

purelytwins July 15, 2012 - 3:03 pm

haha too funny, I am not sure yet how Jax will react when I start jump roping.

Christa July 15, 2012 - 2:05 pm

Jax is seriously adorable! My cat Miso loves it when we bring our yoga mats out… she does a pretty mean downward dog 😉

I just about bought figs at the farmers market the other day… I’ll have to pick some up next time, they look delicious!

Courtney July 15, 2012 - 2:17 pm

Love the pictures of Jax! My dog does the same thing. My sister’s dog (about the size of a chihuahua, but a mix) likes to crawl and sit under me when I’m holding plank or doing a downward facing dog, and my dog (australian shepherd) likes to lay down on my yoga mat when I’m in the middle of a workout. It’s cute, but I have to shoo her off because she gets in the way.

Hope you enjoy your rest day!

purelytwins July 15, 2012 - 3:04 pm

too cute Courtney!!!

Mollie K July 15, 2012 - 5:09 pm

Jax is so flipping cute I can’t stand it!

I am a huge fan of push ups. There is something so empowering about them to me.

Also, I held a plank for 3:30 this am…I am on my way to 5 minutes! Thanks for the inspiration-it has been particularly helpful because I have had a knee injury for 2 plus months and haven’t been able to do my typical cardio/hiit style workouts. I have had to get over the negativity and focus on new challenges and what I can do! Thanks so much-truly more helpful than you know.

purelytwins July 15, 2012 - 7:23 pm

Awesome Mollie!!! So glad you are enjoying plank 🙂 yay!!!

The Delicate Place (@misathemeb) July 15, 2012 - 6:37 pm

oh jax haha! years ago if i would try to do yoga or something, my dog would constantly be tripping me up ha, he would just try to get under my legs constantly! i had to put him in another room bc i didn’t want to step on him!

a workout move i am always doing are leg throw downs (straight leg raises for lower abs) and jump lunges love the burn!

purelytwins July 15, 2012 - 7:23 pm

Jump lunges just us every time, great exercise!!

Lisa July 15, 2012 - 7:18 pm

Aw, so cute! My cat always does that too, it drives me a little crazy but its so cute hah. Push-ups are definitely a move that I know will get my heart rate increasing a bit. I love burpees though:)

purelytwins July 15, 2012 - 7:23 pm