TLC + bridge pose

Workouts over here have been interesting to say the least. We have been taking it really easy over here mainly just moving our bodies from walking Jax, playing with Jax, and doing our plank and pullups. We still haven’t done yoga, hopefully one day soon.

Jax sure has been enjoying us doing our #plankworkout even tries to get in on the action. he doesn’t quite get it

Today we made it a goal to start doing some lifting again, so went to our girls for a workout.

We managed to get 2 rounds in before little Jax wanted to play.

How is everyone doing with our new plank workout? Anyone doing Pullups?

We love our Equalizer! We love it so much we became affiliates with Lebert Fitness, so if are interested in getting one we would love the support 😉 Click on the image on the right in our toolbar to get your equalizer – take your workouts to the next level!

And on a side note Tamara, a fellow FitFluential,  mentioned to us we should add on bridge after we do our planks. And we think that is a great idea! So after we do our 5 minute plank workout, we will follow up with some 30 second rounds of bridge (for about 2 minutes total), you know to work the back side

What do you think?  Do you bridge?

Ari@The Diva Dish July 10, 2012 - 11:32 pm

haha I love the little pup on your back. I remember when I used to do floor exercise, my daughter practically treated me like a play ground!
Can’t wait to workout again! Soon enough! 🙂

purelytwins July 11, 2012 - 1:37 am

You will be working out soon 🙂 and oh how Jax always gets in the way haha

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) July 11, 2012 - 1:24 am

I love doing bridges! I actually think they are a huge reason why I can hold my plank as long as I do! Besides, they work my behind and back!!! Super bonus in my book!

purelytwins July 11, 2012 - 1:36 am

awesome Sarena! yes we hope doing more bridges will help even more with our planks 🙂

lindsay July 11, 2012 - 2:09 am

core power! i love it. So… equalizer is a must. I know, i keep saying it. I will get it!

p.s.
I love jax!

Kris July 11, 2012 - 4:50 am

aww, Jax! too dang cute. when I am working out at home and get down for floor work, Basil always comes over to play. 😉

purelytwins July 11, 2012 - 1:10 pm

Jax does the same, guess they just want to workout too haha

Lea July 11, 2012 - 11:21 am

Jax is too cute! My cat also always decides she wants my attention as soon as I start exercising!

purelytwins July 11, 2012 - 1:11 pm

funny how our pets do that 🙂

LizAshlee July 11, 2012 - 12:53 pm

I love bridge pose! I will have to start incorporating that one too! Great idea!

purelytwins July 11, 2012 - 1:12 pm

Yes Liz! We forgot how much we enjoyed it too, did it this morning with our workout 🙂

Tamara July 11, 2012 - 2:57 pm

So glad you’re pairing your planks with bridges!
Thanks for the linky-love!

Have and awesome Wednesday

purelytwins July 11, 2012 - 3:50 pm

Thanks for mentioning it to us!

sarah @ sarah learns July 11, 2012 - 3:01 pm

oh my gosh! the photos of jax climbing on you during plank!

WHENEVER i do at home workouts, my dogs try to get in on the action. it’s hilarious and annoying at the same time! sometimes i end up putting them in a different room because otherwise i will accidentally kick or jump on them or something! haha. although that would maybe teach them to stay away!

The Delicate Place (@misathemeb) July 11, 2012 - 3:04 pm

i love bridge pose! jax is hysterical! you girls are killin it! the back looks amazing! i’m not really doing many ‘new’ workouts per se but i am doing more yoga/pilates types moves..i love the burn feeling! oh! i went to the doc yesterday for some bloodwork about my hormone issues…ill be sending you an email soon! something interesting that i never thought about that my doctor brought up!

purelytwins July 11, 2012 - 3:50 pm

awesome Melissa, we would love to hear what you learned! look forward to the email 🙂

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes July 11, 2012 - 7:37 pm

I do love a good bridge, but I can hold bridges way longer than planks so I like how you added it at the end.

Lisa July 11, 2012 - 7:44 pm

Great idea on the bridge challenge as well. I just posted how I finally was able to get to my 5 minute plank! That was pretty exciting. Now to add on to that. Bridge pose is one of my favourites, I can actually hold it for a long-ish time, about 4 minutes. Maybe just because when I was younger my friends and I were obsessed with doing them for some reason haha

Charissa July 12, 2012 - 2:03 am

Haha, the puppy on your back – so so cute! Someday I’m going to get a dog as cute as that!

Teri [a foodie stays fit] July 15, 2012 - 11:58 pm

that picture of jax climbing on you made me laugh out loud. that is SO maizey. STILL. I have to crate her if I ever work out at home. If I even do jumping jacks, she starts jumping all over me and pawing me!