Lori and I have been busy girls in the kitchen. We have a lot of fun recipes coming here soon.
Today’s recipe is something fun, different, and simply amazing!
The recipe is inspired from our easy pumpkin butter from a few years ago that we just love.
We had some sweet potatoes on hand and coconut butter just screaming at us to make something with it.
Sweet potato coconut butter made from 2 ingredients
We decided on our easy butter using sweet potatoes to make sweet potato butter! This sweet potato butter goes perfectly with garbanzo bean flatbread. Our favorite ingredients – sweet potatoes, garbanzo bean flour, buckwheat flour, and coconut butter!
As if we did not already love sweet potatoes enough, this just makes them more irresistible. And how can you go wrong with coconut butter?? rich, creamy…full of vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and fiber.
This sweet potato coconut butter recipe is free of wheat, gluten, eggs, dairy, and soy.
this is what we used to mold our butter, worked great!
a little wedding gift from our girl Gina! thanks girl, Lori loves it (as do I)
What could be better than this combo?
Sweet potato coconut butter
A healthy sweet potato butter recipe. A fun alternative to pumpkin butter. This recipe is made from 2 ingredients and is free of gluten, grains, dairy, soy and no added sugar!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: makes about 1 cup of butter 1x
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked
- 1/2 cup coconut butter (NOT coconut oil)
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- few drops of stevia if you desire sweetness
- Once sweet potato is cooked, place into blender with remaining ingredients. Blend till smooth. Should not take too long.
- Scoop out of blender into a bowl.
Now for a simple socca flatbread recipe that is gluten and egg free.Print
Garbanzo bean buckwheat flatbread (gluten-free, vegan)
A healthy homemade flatbread that is gluten and egg free. A simple upgraded socca recipe. Garbanzo bean buckwheat flatbread.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groat flour (grind up buckwheat groats into flour)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the coconut oil into baking pan. We like to use a black deep dish pizza pan. While oil heats in pan, place your remaining ingredients into a big bowl and whisk together.
- Pour batter into hot oiled pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before removing from pan.
- Flip out of pan and slice up into desired pieces.
- Serving Size: serves 2
This flabtread is inspired by our love of socca, but decided to call it flatbread as it is a mix of garbazno and buckwheat. Has a very similar idea behind it, like socca – easy to make, few ingredients, but felt since it is not like traditional socca (which is just garbanzo beans, salt, & olive oil) we are referring it as flatbread.
Cheers to a quick healthy satisfying snack. Full of protein, fiber, and healthy fat!
Surely was a wonderful snack to enjoy in the afternoon .in between
training playing with a puppy.
till next time,