3 ingredient crustless spinach quiche recipe

Easy gluten-free dairy-free recipe for 3 ingredient crustless spinach sweet potato quiche.
gluten-free-paleo-simple-healthy-quiche-recipe

We have mentioned before how much we love quiches.

Despite having no crust we still consider it quiche as that is what we grew up with, but you could call it a frittata too. Call it what you may, but this recipe is still delicious. You won’t miss the crust or cheese.

A quick healthy meal to enjoy any time of the day. Even makes a great post workout meal, which is why we created this recipe.

We wanted to make a quiche that had all the ingredients of our post-workout eats lately – eggs, spinach and sweet potato. Mixing and baking as a quiche just makes the meal more fun.

3 ingredient gluten-free crustless spinach sweet potato quiche

Crustless spinach sweet potato quiche recipe. A quick meal made in 30 minutes and only 3 ingredients. Low carb paleo quiche recipe. You won't miss the crust and cheese. This crustless gluten-free quiche is still delicious.

Doesn’t get much easier than this.

We made this quiche crustless because we do not really like crusts. We know we know, sometimes the crust is the best part. But we really just like the filling.

So next time you want quiche but don’t have cheese or crust on hand give this recipe a try.

3 ingredient crustless spinach quiche (gluten-free, paleo)

Easy 3 ingredient crustless spinach sweet potato quiche. A healthy meal to enjoy anytime of the day. Gluten-free | Grain-free | Paleo | Dairy-free

Crustless quiche made with spinach and sweet potato. Easy and healthy meal to enjoy anytime of the day. Gluten-free. Dairy-free. Paleo quiche recipe.

• Prep Time: 5 minutes
  • Cook Time: 25 minutes
  • Total Time: 30 minutes
Scale

Ingredients

• 3 eggs, local or organic
  • 1 box of frozen spinach, defrosted and drained (8-10 oz)
  • 1cup mashed sweet potato, already cooked
  • optional spices:
  • we did –
  • 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon cumin

Instructions

1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Place all ingredients into a bowl and stir.
  3. Pour quiche batter into a pie dish.
  4. Place quiche into oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes.

Nutrition

• Serving Size: serves 2

This is great post workout because you have a balance of protein, alkalinity, vitamins, minerals, and a good carb source to fuel your muscles.

After we workout we just want pure wholesome foods, which normally consists of eggs, some type of green and a little sweet potato (or plantains).

We hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we did.

Twins Question:  What is your favorite Disney character? Disney movie? have you been to Disney? do you like coming to Disney?

We are currently at Disney, a place we love.

Lori and Michelle

If you’re new to Purely Twins join our tribe and get updates:

Pinterest – purelytwins

Instagram – @purelytwins and @purelytwinsfitness

Snapchat – loriandmichelle

Youtube – purelytwins and pure2rawtwins

Facebook – purelytwins

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free February 23, 2012 - 6:17 am

Love it!!!! Mmm Mmmm…My favorite quiche crust is a crust made out of whole brown rice (it sticks together my adding an egg white).

Erica February 23, 2012 - 7:10 am

What a great meal! I don’t like traditional crust, so I’d LOVE this. The mash potato is a great add in. Hope the sales go well!! Favorite Disney character? Thats like the hardest question…..i guess Tinkerbell…she is so darn cute!

katie @KatieDid February 23, 2012 - 7:18 am

This is pretty much exactly my go-t0 post workout meal except all put together into a quiche. I almost always make a 3 egg omelet with veggies and a sweet potato on the side! I miss disney so much! I went there on my senior high school graduating trip and had some of the best 4 days of my life no joke!

Cat @ Breakfast to Bed February 23, 2012 - 7:50 am

talk about a nutritional powerhouse!!!

natalie (the sweets life) February 23, 2012 - 7:51 am

this recipe is RIGHT up my alley! i often make sweet potato hash and add spinach and top with eggs so this is just another version of the same ingredients 🙂

Lee February 23, 2012 - 9:34 am

PINNED! Love that this literally has 3 ingredients. Easy and delish. You girls are amazing.

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous February 23, 2012 - 10:09 am

I love anything with sweet potatoes!

Anna @ The Guiltless Life February 23, 2012 - 10:18 am

Ooh I LOVE sweet potatoes in quiches! Reminds me of a Spanish omelette – we used to get those in Spain and they’re loaded with potato chunks, kinda like large hash browns. So good!

Kris | iheartwellness.com February 23, 2012 - 10:40 am

AMAZING!!!! This dish is something I’m gonna love 🙂 I love eggs…yum…I love Kale…double YUM!

xxoo

Jessy (squeezetheday) February 23, 2012 - 10:45 am

Isn’t that a frittata then? 🙂

Lori and Michelle February 23, 2012 - 7:35 pm

Jessy, as we mentioned in the post you may call it as you like. we just grew up with quiche.

Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather February 23, 2012 - 11:19 am

Looks like we both had crustless quiche on the mind today :). LOVE that there are just 3 ingredients here!!!

Lisa February 23, 2012 - 11:21 am

The quiche looks great…I’d probably add some cheese 🙂
We love disney….and I think I’ve been 8 times or so. Most recently I took my nephew, and it was just so much fun! My fave character is Piglet, even though he’s not a traditional disney character…but still my fave!

Anastasia@healthymamainfo.com February 23, 2012 - 11:40 am

Beautiful and super easy!

the delicate place February 23, 2012 - 12:13 pm

i am making this as soon as i get a sweet potato! i would love this, starred & bookmarked! i’m gonna add a bit of nutmeg, it really brings out the flavor with spinach and egg (sounds weird but it’s delicious).

Lori and Michelle February 23, 2012 - 7:36 pm

The Delicate place now sounds great!

Mollie February 23, 2012 - 12:56 pm

This looks SOOOOOO good =). 3 of my favorite foods all mixed up together!
Would fresh spinach work as well? How much would you recommend using? Thanks!!

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva February 23, 2012 - 4:04 pm

this recipe looks so simple and delicious..bookmarked to make for when i go back to school 🙂 my favourite disney character would have to be alice from alice in wonderland…i was obsessed with that movie as a kid!

Ela February 23, 2012 - 4:08 pm

Yum! That looks gorgeous-great for postworkout definitely. Nice to know that quiche will hold together without a bunch of cream and cheese.

My husband adores bread but he actually doesn’t love crusts on quiches and pies, so I might have to make him something like this.
love
Ela

Lori and Michelle February 23, 2012 - 7:43 pm

Ela – ya I think with enough eggs it holds, and the mash sweet potato helps too.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) February 23, 2012 - 5:11 pm

This looks perfect for me! I love crustless quiches and fritattas! I always loved Tinkerbell! I thought she was spunky, cute and sweet. I have been to Disney, but we’ve never taken the boys. They have only recently gotten interested in going since they know it’s not all kiddy stuff. Have fun!

Paige @ Running Around Normal February 23, 2012 - 6:10 pm

This sounds amazing!! I’ve added sweet potato to a quiche (well, a frittata) once and it was delicious.

Z.Grimme February 23, 2012 - 10:18 pm

This looks totally delicious. I’ll absolutely have to try it!

My favourite Disney character is Mulan. Disney trips – even though I live about a two hour drive away – is way out of my budget. Someday I’ll visit there. Might be better off with a Disney cruise instead.

Hannah February 27, 2012 - 2:17 am

This looks wonderful, but could I get away with asking how much a box of spinach weighs? I’m from Australia so all our packaging is different 🙂 (I would have to add sambal oelek and nutritional yeast to this though 😛 )

Gina February 27, 2012 - 2:46 am

I made this today, and since I don’t like cheese or crusts, it was perfect for me! I also added some diced tomatoes and a few slices on top for decoration.
I immediately devoured a good fourth of it. Saving the rest to eat during school lunch for the next few days. Good stuff!

Katie March 2, 2012 - 8:53 am

This looks so good, ladies! I have all of the ingredients- except I’ll sub pumpkin purée, because I have a jar open. Can’t wait to make this!

Diane March 2, 2012 - 1:28 pm

This looks amazing and yet so simple!
Any idea what I could use to substitute the eggs for, for someone who has an egg allergy?

Lori and Michelle March 4, 2012 - 7:39 am

Diane – we would recommend upping the sweet potato puree and using coconut milk to help replace eggs. So do 1 cup sweet potato puree, either add 1/4 cup flax meal or a starch like arrowroot to help hold it together. And them we would suggest using coconut milk, start with a 1/4 cup and add slowly. Might need 1/2 cup. Want the batter to be a little thick. hope this helps!

Teniel March 27, 2012 - 3:29 am

Made this for dinner tonight. I loved it.
I added some sauerkraut and also I used silverbeet and kale and parsley. I also lined the top with thin slices of tomato and added some blobs of cashew cheese that I had left over from my raw lasagna.

Lori and Michelle March 27, 2012 - 4:59 am

sounds delicious!!

Crustless Sweet Potato and Spinach Quiche - The Hoot Eats June 21, 2016 - 1:12 am

[…] Inspiration: Pure2Raw […]

Pongodhall May 14, 2017 - 9:03 am

I’m going fir three flax eggs and pinch psyllium husk and just hope that works, it’s usually a great combination when I have to replace a lot of eggs. Do you have any other ideas at all?

Pongodhall May 14, 2017 - 9:05 am

Oops, sorry had not read comments as well, reading through now and I see an idea.