Pumpkin pecan glazed cake donuts (gluten-free, egg-free)

Pumpkin pecan glazed cake donuts. A simple recipe that produces a soft moist light donut. This pumpkin donut recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free.

Gluten free egg-free pumpkin pecan glazed cake donuts

What is a better way to say Merry Christmas than with pumpkin pecan donuts ?

We enjoyed these pecan pumpkin donuts before Christmas…well pretty much throughout the whole holidays season.  Yep they are that good!

Baked pumpkin donuts with pecan glaze. All the flavors of fall. Enjoy with a cup of coffee. Pumpkin donuts baked to perfection. Insanely delicious. This pumpkin donut recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free.

If you do not like pecans you may just enjoy a glazed donut as is or dip into any topping of your liking, maybe almonds, coconut flakes, sprinkles…oh the ideas!

Pumpkin donuts baked to perfection

Insanely delicious

Pumpkin pecan glazed donuts. Baked not fried. Gluten-free and egg-free donut recipe that will become one of your favorite donut recipes. Made with tigernut flour, pumpkin, coconut milk and potato starch.

Serve these pumpkin donuts with coffee or pumpkin spice latte!! Or Irish coffee, hey it’s 5 o’clock somewhere right?

A fun holiday breakfast for you and your family.

All the flavors of fall in every bite.

Pecan pumpkin glazed donuts (gluten-free, vegan, paleo friendly)

The best recipe for pumpkin donuts with a pecan glaze that are egg-free. Gluten-free vegan donut recipe for pumpkin donuts. A fun breakfast recipe for the holidays.

• Prep Time: 5 minutes
  • Cook Time: 18 minutes
  • Total Time: 23 minutes
  • Yield: Makes 6 donuts 1x
Scale

Ingredients

Donuts

• 1/2 cup potato starch (3 oz)
  • 1/2 cup tigernut flour or any flour (1 1/2oz)
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tablespoons flax meal
  • 1/2 cup sugar (2 1/2oz)
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (4 oz)
  • 6 tablespoons coconut milk (3 oz)
  • 3 tbsp coconut oil in liquid form (1 1/2oz)

Toppings for donuts:

• glaze
  • pecans ground into flour, need about 1-2 cups ground pecans and place into a bowl

Cinnamon Sugar Glaze:

• 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tablespoons coconut mill
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Instructions

To make donuts

1. Add in coconut sugar, pumpkin puree, coconut oil into a bowl. Stir then add in your dry ingredients. Add in buttermilk and stir till combined. Pipe or scoop batter into donut pan. Or can use muffin pan if you do not have donut pan. Bake at 350 for 16-20 minutes.
  2. Once donuts are done remove from pan and let cool on cooling rack as you get your toppings ready.

To make glaze

1. Place on glaze into a bowl and stir till combined.
  2. Grab a pumpkin donut and dip into your cinnamon glaze then into your bowl of pecan flour.
  3. Continue to dip your donuts into the glaze and pecans till all donuts are coated.

Share this recipe with your loved ones.

Lori and Michelle

If you’re new to Purely Twins join our tribe and get updates:

Pinterest – purelytwins

Instagram – @purelytwins and @purelytwinsfitness

Snapchat – loriandmichelle

Youtube – purelytwins and pure2rawtwins

Facebook – purelytwins

Disclosure: In order to support our blogging activities, we may receive monetary compensation for our recommendations and/or links to any products from this blog. Please note, we only endorse products that are in alignment with Purely Twins values and we believe would benefit of our readers. We appreciate the support as it helps keep Purely Twins going!

Lisa January 28, 2012 - 6:14 am

Wow—-I want some with my coffee this morning 🙂
Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit January 28, 2012 - 6:56 am

Wow, you guys are so darn talented. I love how you edit your pictures, they’re all so inviting. I just want to grab that doughnut!!

Lori and Michelle January 28, 2012 - 10:40 am

Thanks Leanne! we work hard on the photos, we just love it.

katie @KatieDid January 28, 2012 - 7:26 am

love all your photos on this post! I feel like they could be in a fun vintage diner advertisement of sorts.

Morri January 28, 2012 - 7:41 am

Hello ladies! I attempted to make vegan/grain-free donuts but the batter stuck to the pan (*sigh*). Do you have any advice for my 6-donut Norpro pan? It’s non-stick, and even greasing it with coconut oil didn’t help.

Lori and Michelle January 28, 2012 - 10:43 am

Morri want recipe are you using? we have trouble with one of our donut pans too sticky. there are two sizes for the 6 large donut pan, one is more shallow and the other one more deeper. For some reason the deeper one we do not have a problem with sticking, but the more shallow one we do. And our new mini donut maker that we got from target we have no really problems with. Not really sure how to get them not to stick, like I said we still get problems.

Morri February 3, 2012 - 6:41 pm

To answer your question, my recipes are rather sticky… pancake sticky. So I’ll try a thicker batter/dough and am definitely considering the little eensy ones. 🙂 Thanks for answering my question.

Priscilla January 28, 2012 - 8:05 am

What kind of powdered sugar did you used? Looks super good, want to make them for the fam!

Lori and Michelle January 28, 2012 - 10:44 am

Priscilla we use Miss Roben’s Corn Free Confectioner’s Sugar. you can get it off amazon.

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance January 28, 2012 - 8:15 am

Good thing that pumpkin never gets old 😀 These look fantastic, girls!

Melissa @TryingtoHeal January 28, 2012 - 8:21 am

omg I have to make these! I just need to get a donut pan!!!!

The Delicate Place January 28, 2012 - 8:27 am

oh stop it! haha i have no food, we are on our way to the grocery store and i am hannnngrrry! you always tempt me with these sweet offerings! whenever i eat something glazed or pecan i always think of it as ‘southern’ we don’t typically have those flavors readily available at our bakeries here! a treat for sure 🙂

Lori and Michelle January 28, 2012 - 10:47 am

haha we need to go grocery shopping too!

Lori January 28, 2012 - 8:31 am

Oh my. I NEED one. They look incredible and who doesn’t want a healthy pumpkin donut?! All I need is coffee and one of my own. 😉

Yum.

Erica January 28, 2012 - 8:42 am

I think its so neat how you piped the donuts into the pan! I never knew thats how it was done. Good stuff. They look totally delicious

Lori and Michelle January 28, 2012 - 10:45 am

Erica yes piping does a better job at giving the donuts a round shape. But you can scoop them just won’t be as round.

sophie January 28, 2012 - 8:50 am

These look amazing!!!!! I shall be making these soon…as in…today 😉

I do have one question though…my mother is avoiding starches (and I was wondering how removing the starch in your recipes and replacing it with something else might work?) Is there a way to do this?

Anyways – have a great weekend! Thanks for the great recipe!!!!!

Lori and Michelle January 28, 2012 - 10:46 am

Sophie, well the starches help with texture and lightness in the recipes, since they are vegan. We have shared a vanilla donut before here that does have starch http://www.pure2raw.com/2011/12/baked-mini-gluten-free-vanilla-cardamom-cake-donuts/

Laury @thefitnessdish January 28, 2012 - 9:40 am

I can’t wait til I can make these with Ella! Pinned!

Lori and Michelle January 28, 2012 - 10:47 am

Thanks Laury! Ella would love these 😉

Heidi @ Food Doodles January 28, 2012 - 11:04 am

Those really do look amazing 😀 The glaze with the nuts looks perfect! I could totally go for one of these right now!

Nora @ Natural Noshing January 28, 2012 - 1:28 pm

Wow, these look perfect! I love pumpkin and pecans – this is definitely another winning recipe! 🙂

Ami@dashofcurry.com January 28, 2012 - 3:03 pm

You literally are making me drool! What an amazing recipe! They look delicious!

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga January 28, 2012 - 4:16 pm

These look amazing and every time I come to your site, I am just blown away by how PRETTY it is. I love all the changes, tweaks, and things you’ve to make it look so inviting and gorgeous!

Lori and Michelle January 28, 2012 - 6:06 pm

aww thanks Averie! that really means a lot. we are trying 😉

Kris | iheartwellness.com January 28, 2012 - 4:45 pm

Dolls….you’re killing me over here…I NEED these donuts!!!! First I have to buy a donut dish thingy and second I have to add grains for just a DAY to eat all of these. Thank you, thank you for being so good to your friends and sharing this here on your blog!!

Happy Weekend!!

xxoo

Leah January 28, 2012 - 6:53 pm

Looks so good! I need to make those! I think I have the ingredients too. Any idea of whether sucanat be substituted equally for coconut sugar? If not, I can do some google research.

Lori and Michelle January 28, 2012 - 7:32 pm

Leah we do. we sub either sugars equally and seem to be fine with it.

amber January 28, 2012 - 10:24 pm

These look so good and your photos turned out great of them.

hihorosie January 29, 2012 - 1:17 am

heaven!

MilesMusclesMom January 29, 2012 - 1:51 pm

yummmm
So, this could work at mini-muffins I suppose?

Lori and Michelle January 29, 2012 - 2:20 pm

Yes MilesMusclesMom it should work fine as mini muffins just might have to adjust the baking time

Heathy January 29, 2012 - 2:15 pm

Oh yummm, Im salivating! Reminds me of my pumpkin obsession in the Fall. I have a bunch of frozen baked pumpkin… just might have to pull it out for these. Making your vanilla cardamom donuts this week. Was supposed to happen for girls night this weekend but was too busy with choccies.

Lori and Michelle January 29, 2012 - 2:21 pm

Heathy, oh yes we still loving pumpkin! haha Oh and wish we could come over for donuts and girl fun 😉

Anastasia@healthymamainfo.com January 29, 2012 - 8:18 pm

Looks like the best morning treat ever!

Hannah January 30, 2012 - 7:20 am

Well, I wasn’t hungry before looking at this post, but now I’m starving! It’s been ages since I made donuts of any sort and these look beyond incredible. Even better that they’re not fried, since I don’t feel like risking a 3rd degree burn today.

Lisa Price January 30, 2012 - 11:21 am

These look absolutely incredible! I think there needs to definitely be a mini donut bar at my next girls night in! Cocktails and yummy donuts? Perfection! Thanks for the great idea. Xo.

Lauren January 30, 2012 - 6:44 pm

Those look ridiculously delicious! 🙂

nelly January 31, 2012 - 8:03 am

hi ladies!!!

was wondering can i sub guar gum for for sorghum? i can’t seem to find the sorghum in toronto.

Lori and Michelle January 31, 2012 - 9:15 am

Nelly oh no do not use guar gum, as that is not a flour. I would use brown or white rice flour , even spelt flour for the sorghum.

nelly January 31, 2012 - 9:17 am

oh ok girlies!!!

i’m gonna keep trying to find the sorghum…i’m just DYING to have one of the donuts!!!

Lori and Michelle January 31, 2012 - 9:21 am

You can buy sorghum flour online too. Any gluten free flour should work.

nelly January 31, 2012 - 9:17 am

thanks by the way!!

=)

Lori and Michelle January 31, 2012 - 9:22 am

of course!! wish we could come eat donuts with you

nelly January 31, 2012 - 9:25 am

i wish you ladies could eat donuts with me too!!!

=)

Jennifer February 5, 2012 - 1:13 pm

Hi ladies these were WONDERFUL!! My son & husband tried to eat them all!

Noelle (@singerinkitchen) February 8, 2012 - 9:00 am

I need to make these asap! wow

Nikki @ The Tolerant Vegan February 8, 2012 - 9:15 am

These look amazing!!

Erica October 30, 2012 - 1:07 pm

Hi! I am so happy to have found your site! My 4 year old son has so many food allergies that making yummy baked goods can be tricky! But we made these donuts and he loved them! Just a quick question though. They were so good the first day, but after sitting over night they dried out a bit. I am making them for his preschool class and want to know if I can make the batter the night before and just bake in the morning? Or do you have a good suggestion for storage? Thanks so much!

purelytwins October 30, 2012 - 1:49 pm

Glad to hear it Erica! I think making batter the night before and making in the morning should work out best. Storage is tricky with donuts, sometimes heating them up a little in microwave before eating the second day can help.

Kris January 29, 2013 - 4:15 pm

Hi! These look delicious! I have a question that relates to other vegan baking recipes I’ve seen but haven’t attempted… When you refer to “coconut milk” here for the buttermilk, do you mean the regular or “lite” coconut milk that comes in a can, or the type of coconut milk beverage/dairy substitute like So Delicious’s? Thanks! (I used to buy your baked goods at the farmers market in Durham; I’ve since left town, but I was sorry to learn Twin Cakes has closed! I hope your next venture is exciting!)

marmar March 20, 2013 - 2:22 pm

These look delicious! I really want to make it but was wondering how you think it would turn out if I used maple syrup instead of a sugar? Do you think it would ruin the texture of the final product?

purelytwins March 20, 2013 - 3:13 pm

Marma using maple might provide more of moist texture to the doughnut. Coconut sugar or brown sugar would be the best option still. If you want to use maple reduce the buttermilk in the recipe.

Pumpkin spice latte donuts with coffee protein glaze December 9, 2015 - 10:33 am

[…] We also reduced the sugar from 1/2 cup to 1/3 cup in these donuts compared to our vegan pumpkin donut recipe. […]