Gluten-free dairy-free egg-free recipe for chocolate chip cookie cake.
cookie cake in the middle of the week to help push to the end right?
especially, a gluten free vegan chocolate chip cookie cake recipe with a 3 ingredient coconut frosting.
and we hope you all love this cookie cake recipe as much as we did, as well as Gary and our family did too!
chocolate chip cookie cake is one thing that we loved eating while growing up. we remember sitting down with our two older sisters and just eating away at the All American chocolate chip cookie cakes over the years. now that white processed flour, sugar, buttery filled cookie cake was good and we did enjoy eating it back then.
but times have changed. food has changed. we have changed. our bodies have changed. therefore the recipe needed to change. and that is what we did. we created our own version of the chocolate chip cookie cake.
we have made many cookie cakes over the years. it was one of the first recipes we made when we opened our bakery four years ago. and it was something we would love to make for our own birthday cake! we actually have a few different variations of this recipe and enjoy them all still.
the great part about making this cookie cake is that if you make it vegan, like we did, you can eat as much cake batter as you like. don’t mind if we do.
now for the frosting we did not really know what we wanted to do. we wanted to keep it as simple as possible.
so we mixed some coconut milk, coconut butter and agave nectar together. our 3 ingredient coconut frosting looked promising when we were mixing it.
cannot beat 3 ingredient frosting, right?
but as soon as we started to ice up the cookie cake the frosting started to melt a little. guess the cake was still a little warm to ice up.
but hey we were anxious to eat it.
even though the frosting was not as pretty as we were hoping it still tasted amazing! isn’t that what really counts? we think so.Print
chocolate chip cookie cake recipe (gluten-free vegan)
A healthy chocolate chip cookie cake that is gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free with 3 ingredient frosting.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: makes one 8 or 9 inch circle cake (we did ours in a springform pan so easy to take out) 1x
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend (or any flour blend of your liking gluten free or not)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (or could do almond meal or more flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons flax meal or chia seeds with 6 tablespoons water (makes 2 flax gels, or you can do 2 eggs)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or even honey would be fine)
- 1/4 cup sucanat sugar (or coconut sugar or xylitol)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (or applesauce, yogurt, sweet potato puree)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (we use Enjoy Life chocolate chips)
3 ingredient coconut frosting:
- 1–2 tbsp coconut milk
- 3–4 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- about 1/4 warm coconut butter
- First make your flax gel before getting other ingredients. Place your 2 tablespoons flax meal into a bowl along with 6 tablespoons water. Let sit for 10 minutes. Pre-heat your oven at 350 degrees.
- While the flax gel is in the works grab another bowl to place all your other wet ingredients into, from you agave, coconut oil, and pumpkin puree. Stir till combined.
- Next add in your flax gel ( or eggs if you would like) and stir.
- And then add in your gluten free flour, coconut flour and baking soda and chocolate chips. Stir till combined.
- It is a really thick cookie dough cake batter.
- We baked ours in a 8 inch circle pan in a 350 degree oven for 20 mins.
- We did not really measure this out, just scooped out some coconut butter. Warmed it up in the microwave to soften and then mixed in agave and milk to taste and texture. So have fun with it!
good to the very last bite. we promise!
our gluten free vegan chocolate chip cookie cake recipe was a success!
now if you make this, let us know so we can come over and enjoy some more.
Twins Question: Do you like eating your cake or cookie batters while making them? What is your favorite dairy-free frosting to make?