a yummy simple chocolate pecan truffle made from 4 ingredients.
since our last truffle recipe was a big hit and so easy to make we thought about making another version of it. but a little different of course.
we love chocolate.
we love pecans.
we love truffles.
so why not putting them together? sounds simple right? well luckily it is! we like to refer to are truffles as cake truffles because the inside is more soft and cookie/cake like texture then a rich smooth creamy traditional truffles are.
the main ingredients are pecans and chocolate. we tried to really keep this recipe fun and super simple. we hope you like our raw cake truffles, as we gobbled them right up.
Paleo. Gluten-free. Vegan. Raw chocolate pecan truffles.
just like our other carob truffles being great for parties these pecan chocolate truffles would be great as well. even the kids can help make these!
we know truffles can seem scary or difficult to make, but promise these truffles are simple. just have a little fun with it. put some music on and get dancing in the kitchen with your truffle making party. we kept it easy by using a chocolate bar as the outside coating instead of making our own chocolate sauce.Print
Raw vegan chocolate pecan truffles. Paleo. Gluten-free.
Simple truffle recipe made from 4 ingredients. Chocolate pecan truffles that are gluten-free, raw, vegan and paleo. Pecan truffles that taste like pumpkin pie with a touch of chocolate.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 24 truffles 1x
- 1 cup raw pecan pieces (4oz)
- 1 cup raw unsweetened coconut flakes (3oz)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- pinch sea salt
- 3–4 pitted large, medjool dates, soaked
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1 or 2 chocolate bar of choice (we picked a gluten free dark chocolate that was 70% dark chocolate – the darker the better for us), need about 6-8oz worth of chocolate
- Pace pecan pieces, coconut flakes, salt, dates, and cocoa into food processor and pulse until batter holds together. Add in nutmeg if desired, it does add a nice depth of flavor.
- Grab a small cookie scooper and scoop out your truffles. Roll each one in your hands to form a nice round shape. Set aside. *size will vary depending on the size of cookie scooper
- Next melt chocolate bar to coat truffles.
- Double boiling works great to melt the chocolate.
- What we did to melt the chocolate was take a pot on your stovetop and fill with some water, bring to a boil. place a glass bowl on top of over boiling water pot and place pieces of chocolate bar into glass bowl. With a wooden spoon stir till all chocolate is melted.
- Once chocolate is melted remove from heat and begin to dip pecan truffles into your melted chocolate. **we used our fingers to coat the truffles, and yes it got a little messy, isn’t that the whole point of baking is getting messy. we think so.
- Set on wax or parchment paper to cool. Repeat the process till all truffles are coated with chocolate.
These pecan truffles would make for a lovely holiday gift for someone you love. Especially if they love pecans!
Lori and Michelle
If you’re new to Purely Twins join our tribe and get updates:
Pinterest – purelytwins
Snapchat – loriandmichelle
Facebook – purelytwins