using apple cider vinegar on skin

We wanted to give an update on where we stand now with our skin, face products, skin care routine, etc.

***UPDATE*** Check here to see our latest face update

The things we are about to mention have been working for us lately, we are starting to see results, slow but happening (we hope they can help some one else)
A quote that has helped us get through some of our really tough days with our skin

which doesn't kill us makes us stronger

How we are NOW clearing up our acne/poor skin?

We mentioned before that we like to use apple cider vinegar (ACV) on our face. we basically use ACV to clean our face instead of a regular toner. we put some apple cider vinegar on a clean cotton swab and rub over our face, gently. yes it burns some and our eyes water, but it works and we feel it is a great natural face cleaner.

using apple cider vinegar for cleaning face

When do we use ACV?

We use in the mornings. we do not wash our face in the mornings instead we just use ACV. followed by a moisturizer. if we wear makeup during the day, we sometimes do apple cider vinegar again at night after washing our face

apple cider vinegar

How else do we use apple cider vinegar?

we use it in salad dressings. we use it to bake with (making our own buttermilks).  most recently started to add a teaspoon to a cup of warm water in the morning to start our day. and we are going to try to increase our warm ACV water intake throughout the day to see how our bodies like it.

What is our face routine?

first – we really try to have a daily face routine. and if we get off the routine we notice problems. so traveling definitely puts a toll on our skin care routine.

second – we try not to over wash our face. wait a minute you are telling me if I have acne I am not supposed to wash my face? not exactly. what we are saying is that you can wash your face but don’t over do it!!  we now only wash our faces at night and just do AVC in the morning.

third – we are trying a new a face care product line that a reader recommended. we are looking forward to reporting our thoughts on the products here soon.

fourth – we increased our omega 3 intake. watching our ratio of omega 6 to 3s. more on that soon promise – it has been a very huge learning curve for us.

what else do we use to help with acne that is more natural and gentle for the skin?

• Coconut oil – we wash with it from time to time, especially if we wear makeup. it does wonders.
  • Joboba oil – another great oil we use almost daily. we put the oil on at night for a moisturizer. skin loves it.
  • Neem oil- so great for the skin! we feel this really helps calm our skin from inflammation, we like to use it as a spot treatment.
  • Castor oil – great to mix with coconut for cleansing the skin, great for makeup removal.
  • And Tea tree oil – only used for spot treatments. helps dry up those large pimples.

jojoba oil

neem oil and castor oil for clearing acne

we know there are a ton of girls (and guys) that struggle with breakouts, acne, etc. we are all here to help and support one another. so please no negative comments on this one, as this is one of the hardest things for us to talk about and deal with.

like we mentioned earlier that we are starting to see improvements in our skin, and we feel what we are now doing from skin care routine, to our stress levels, to the few vitamins we are taking, and the omega 3 intake all have helped. we will continue to share our findings and what works for our skin.

we wanted to share what we have been doing lately because we have been loving it. we have been feeling good with our new routine. we are more hopeful! optimistic! and really believe in what we are doing. as we are seeing results.

Twins Question: what are your favorite ways to use Apple Cider Vinegar? do you use ACV in baking? have you ever tried ACV in water before? tip: drinking a cup of AVC water before a meal can help with any digestion. have you tried any of those other natural products on your skin before? if so, which ones do you like?

till next time,

L&M

Lauren November 7, 2011 - 7:39 am

I use ACV as toner all the time! I also like it on my salads! Lol, funny the multiple uses for ACV!

Michelle November 7, 2011 - 7:44 am

We LOVE acv!! Our 11yr old son uses it on his face when he breaks out and his face is clear in a couple days!! Now if we could only get him to use it on an every day basis instead of when he breaks out…..

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 - 10:10 am

Michelle that is great and oh yes maybe over time he will learn to use it everyday 🙂

Sherisse November 7, 2011 - 8:26 am

Hey thanks for this post! I love ACV and use it on my face as well. I also use it as a rinse for my hair and notice a huge difference since I started. Thanks!

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 - 10:11 am

Sherisse, we sometimes use it on our hair as well, need to keep up with it though 😉

Lisa November 7, 2011 - 8:34 am

I use ACV on my skin in the same way—-I love it! I once had a facial lady tell me it wasn’t a good idea, but I don’t think she knew what she was talking about!
I try to always use natural products…and in the past have really love the Living Libations oils (for washing and leaving on at night)…they work great, but are really expensive too!

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 - 10:12 am

haha Lisa yes we have gotten those comments as well – ‘what that will not work” but little do they know yes it does work! yay for ACV!

Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh November 7, 2011 - 8:38 am

This sounds great! I have always had terrible skin, and from time to time I get these flair ups…So I am definitely interested in trying some ACV every morning! Thanks so much for sharing your progress! 🙂

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 - 10:12 am

thanks Ari! let us know what you think 🙂

Kris | iheartwellness.com November 7, 2011 - 10:12 am

Hey Dolls!!

I love your skin posts…you both know I suffer with this too and now am dealing with all the red hyperpigmentation left behind on my cheeks 🙁 So not nice.

I will tell you what has helped for me and maybe it will for you too!

First off, I know for myself it is all in my mind. I used to use my skin as a way for people to see I was unhappy, I never loved or even knew myself. It wasn’t until 6 months ago when I started taking my life coaching course could I actually tell myself “I Love You” this is what caused my skin.

I saw a Homeopath who dove deep into my troubled past and found a cure through that. I also started using what a friend in Arbonne Suggested, their facewash and line because its organic and vegan. Its very nice!

For me it was the actual “Stop thinking about it” and it slowed down. its not perfect yet, but we’re getting there!!

Love you girls!!!

xxoo

PS. Neem….ugh…it stinks! LOL

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 - 11:41 am

Kris HUGS! so glad to hear again that we are not the only ones dealing with skin issues, we still have a few pimples to get through but oh yes now it is the scarring left behind that we are working on, again not pretty. and yes the mind is so complicated!!! we are trying hard everyday to not think about the face and just love ourselves 🙂 it is hard but we know it is worth it!! xoxo

Shay November 7, 2011 - 11:35 am

I’ve had some recent terrible trouble with acne, but I’ve learned to keep it simple: I was with Dr. Bronner’s peppermint (the mint is great for acne, apparently, and I swear by it!), use the natural sulfur serum from http://www.gardenofwisdom.com and then moisturize with 3 drops of jojoba after a spritz of plain water on my face. Pimples seriously GONE in under a week. I only have a few, but with a little makeup, you can hardly tell! I think you’re definitely on the right track there and I completely agree.

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 - 11:41 am

Shay thank for sharing and glad to hear that you have found something that works!! YAY 🙂 xoxo

katie @KatieDid November 7, 2011 - 11:46 am

For about 3 months I used ACV as conditioner and baking soda as shampoo- LOVED it! But eventually the build up got to be a little too much and I went back to shampoo and conditioner. I would love to give it a try on my face- I deal with skin issues all the time as well. They have improved exponentially since going gluten free but I still have room for improvement. Very happy for you two that you have come across a routine that seems to be helping, I know exactly how stressful face situations are.

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 - 12:49 pm

Katie we use baking soda as our shampoo too, though we rotate from using that and regular shampoo which we find helps.

darian @ living and loving to sweat November 7, 2011 - 12:03 pm

For the past few months I have really been breaking out on my chin (very unusual for me). I went to the doctor and was prescribed an antibiotic which I would have to take for a month and a half or more. I very very rarely take any sort of medication and have been determined to find a natural approach to clear up my skin and use the antibiotic only as the very last resort. I found the what has helped me the most so far is a B complex vitamin. However I have also noticed that when I eat more sweets then usual I start to break out again. So for now I am taking a B vit. and staying away from sugar. Thanks for the tips about the oils and the ACV, I will definitely be trying those as well.

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 - 12:51 pm

Darian, yes we notice sugar effects our skin as well. Please look into those oils and ACV I think you will like it, and what we have noticed with pimples on the chin are related to hormones.

Lou November 7, 2011 - 12:10 pm

I LOVE apple cider vinegar… it’s seriously a magical thing. It’s the BEST hair conditioner ever, if you rinse your hair in a diluted ACV solution, it gets rid of any tangle and makes your hair so shiny. I use it on my face too, and if you drink 1/4t in 1C water half an hour before main meals, I find it really helps digestion (I used to have major stomach problems, and a naturopath told me to do this, works like a charm!)
Neem oil is fantastic too isn’t it? So much better to do things naturally 🙂

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 - 12:51 pm

Lou yes we love our neem oil!! so great

Lou November 7, 2011 - 12:11 pm

oh whoops, missed your last tip which was the same as mine. Doh. At least we can all digest happily now 🙂

Melissa @ Hot Chokolate Girl November 7, 2011 - 2:14 pm

I have noticed such a huge difference since I started using ACV as a facial toner too! I have also noticed that I have to be very conscientious about exfoliating my face at least once a day. I love 100% Pure products, especially their cocoa kona coffee scrub. It is a bit harsher than a sugar-based scrub, but it smells so good and doesn’t dissolve as quickly. I also really like Earth Mama Angel Baby and California Baby products, since they seem to be good for my sensitive skin. I feel like my skin behaves the majority of the time now, but I went through a year-long period after stopping bcp that was torture! Thanks for sharing the regimen that has been helping you!

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 - 3:40 pm

Thanks Melissa, and so glad to hear that we have another ACV lover out there too! and we love 100% pure products too especially their make-up! HUGS

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga November 7, 2011 - 12:32 pm

I have that Bragg’s ACV and use it in salad dressings. I need to try it on my face b/c I never knew you could do that…thanks for the tips!

Jess November 7, 2011 - 1:50 pm

hi guys 🙂
I use that same jojoba oil too! It’s a great make-up remover aswell. For me I found keeping it simple is most important. Sometimes when Im stressed and worried I’ll obsess over my skin and break out, but if I only splash my face with cool water for afew days, sometimes my skin gets lots better. Also laughing with friends, letting go of worries in my life and enjoying cakes and desserts seem to help my overall mood which makes my skin glow 🙂 Ive experimented with lots of diets, treatments and things and have been struggling to find a balance with my health, skin and wellbeing for over 7 years. However i now realise that letting go of my obsession with acne has allowed it to heal and become much calmer 🙂

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 - 3:38 pm

Jess thank you so much for commenting! we totally agree with you 100%! cheers to worrying less and enjoying life 😉 HUGS

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} November 7, 2011 - 2:50 pm

I have only used ACV in the kitchen but love the idea of using it on my skin. I’ll have to give this a try as I’m always looking for natural personal care ideas. Thanks!

Laura (the first mess) November 7, 2011 - 3:16 pm

I definitely understand what you guys are going through. I had the wooorst adult acne flare up that I’ve gotten over in the past year. I used the ACV toner but diluted it with water a bit. And this product: http://www.pureandsimple.ca/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1531&category_id=555&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27

I know it seems counterintuitive to slather oil on your face if you’re breaking out, but it cut down the inflammation and moisturized my face at night so well. I found that when I was using this, I was so moisturized that my skin wasn’t creating oil like crazy to overcompensate for the dryness. Her product line is really amazing overall if you’re seeking out something different.

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 - 3:41 pm

thank you Laura we will have to look into that product. oh yes we love our oils on our face!!! xoxo

Ela November 7, 2011 - 3:21 pm

I’m glad you’re enjoying ACV in so many ways–I really think it’s good stuff. Sometimes I add a bit when I make fermented veggies too, and it’s great for the buttermilk effect.

So glad you’re trying neem oil too–I think it’s an unsung hero!
And I think I’m probably a bit paranoid about omega 3 to 6 ratio, but it’s definitely something worth keeping in mind–I’ll look forward to hearing more about that too.

Lori and Michelle November 7, 2011 - 3:42 pm

thanks ELA!!! 🙂

Christine (The Raw Project) November 7, 2011 - 4:37 pm

Very interesting on using ACV, I must try that. Great skin care post, thanks!

The Delicate Place November 7, 2011 - 5:30 pm

i never thought to use ACV as a toner?! i use it as a salad dressing and a cold remedy with lemon 🙂 i used to use witch hazel as a toner but i was over drying my skin and causing more oil production leading to more breakouts. my skin is nearly flawless now but i have really backed off the products. i supplement 2g fish oil daily and use juice beauty cleanser and eminence organics lime refresh tonique and an oil free moisturizer. i try not to touch my face throughout the day and just be gentle when i wash (no more than 1min and gentle circles). my skin has chilled out for the last year so i must be doing something right for my skin 🙂 best of luck to you both! i know it’s really hard time self esteem wise (i had bad breakouts a few years ago and at the end of my high school days).

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) November 7, 2011 - 7:46 pm

I bake and cook with it. Thank you for sharing this. I worry that the boys will hit that stage any time now and I want to know as much as possible so I can help them as naturally as I can.

astrorainfall November 7, 2011 - 7:53 pm

I use ACV and baking soda as a clarifying “shampoo”….works amazingly well!

Laury @thefitnessdish November 7, 2011 - 8:08 pm

OMG! I use this too and I have a beauty post in the making on my favorite at home toner, facial, kitchen concoctions!!!

I also use ACV in a lot of things. Braggs as well! Salad dressing or if I am out of lemons I use it in place of that in baking or kale salad, kale chips, etc!

Girls after my own heart 🙂

Jennifer November 7, 2011 - 9:01 pm

Thanks for this post! My skin has been a mess of late–I teach college but have the skin of a high schooler…grr. I really do think that I might be trying some of your tips!

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! November 7, 2011 - 9:38 pm

This is such a great post! you are so right about skin being hard to deal with… it’s the reason I don’t have many pictures of myself on my site!

I’ve been using acv&jojoba on my skin on and off for about a year, stopped for a while, and now i’m starting again. it really does work wonders.

Rachel November 7, 2011 - 11:39 pm

Hey lori and michelle,

im just curious, do you guys actually like the smell of ACV? i mean i dont know if its just me, but i think ACV smells super foul! like i want to throw up whenever i smell it. everyone i know hates the smell of it but when i read about articles online, people drink it and like you guys, wash their faces. hahahha i guess some people like different smells! haha. all the best with the skin treatments guys! 😀

Lori and Michelle November 8, 2011 - 5:45 am

Rachel good question, to be honest we do not notice any smell from having ACV maybe from using it for so long the smell has left. not sure but we never really noticed a smell.

Joy November 8, 2011 - 2:13 am

I love the idea of using acv as a toner. I’m going to try it tomorrow I hate how many chemicals I put on/in my body (I’m looking at you crystal light) so a natural product would be great

Emma (Emma+Jacob) November 8, 2011 - 2:35 am

I actually like ACV + water! No sweetener. Calms my tummy and wakes me up!

Re skin care, I find that when I break out, the spot treatment/gel from the Natural AcneDote line of Alba Botanical works wonders 😀

Desi@ThePalatePeacemaker November 8, 2011 - 6:00 am

Just wanted to give you girls a whole lot of love. As over the top as this sounds, it made me tear up a bit to read, “no negative comments on this one, as this is one of the hardest things for us to talk about and deal with.” Acne takes SUCH an emotional toll on a person. About this time last year, I abruptly began experiencing painful cystic acne and it seemed to come out of nowhere. Today, I’m nearly clear again (though with scars as reminders), and the journey hasn’t been an easy one! I’ve been working with a naturopathic doctor and my treatment has consisted mostly of a VERY strict anti-candida diet, liver cleansing and support, and rebalancing my hormones. However – the most potent treatment (I believe) has been the emotional healing I’ve done and simply letting go of control. As hippie-dippie as it may sound, I honestly believe acne is associated with our emotional health more than anything. If you two are open to it, I’d look into that more! And while you’re at it, check out The Love Vitamin (http://www.thelovevitamin.com/). Tracy does a beautiful job explaining the link between emotional health and skin, and providing a number of resources to learn more. Lastly (sorry this comment is EPIC), AVC rocks! I’ve been taking it internally for about a month, and I’ve noticed improved skin and improved health all around! I’m excited to hear your review of it later on. Thanks for being so brave and sharing your journey with us. It means a lot to me knowing I’m not alone. 🙂
Lots and lots of love,
Desi

Elena November 8, 2011 - 9:42 am

Ladies, I love that you posted this info. I’m going to start buying ACV by the gallon, I kid you not. I drink two teaspoons in my water 3 times a day, as a dressing, as a candida flush, and now..with your suggestion…as a toner. I only tried it yesterday and obviously there are no miraculous effects, but you can tell there was a balance of oils immediately! Something my proactive toner can’t do.
Anyway, why its so miraculous? I have lupus and had inflammation levels that were shutting me down, slowly but surely. I have interstitial cystitis, compliments of lupus, and have a bladder that gets blocked and prone to infections. I haven’t worked out to BodyRock in two years 🙁 because my knees and my hips were worn down and full of arthritis, tendonities, bursitis. You name it.
Once I started taking ACV (one month ago), my flexibility is coming back..fast, I can do power yoga again, my hands and feet aren’t painfully swollen, I can pee normally, so much so, that I forgot what it feels like!!! On top of that, I do Kimberly Snyders immunity tea every day, if not 2xs a day. In the first two weeks, my skin cleared out as well and my make up looks flawless again (because with lupus, I’m was just one flaky hot mess).

ACV saved my life and has given me the energy and clarity to live the detox life (because it takes hard work after all). I hope it helps you out in the long run. Big hugs for being such troopers and staying determined to solve the problems that hold us back from a calm mind!

Lori and Michelle November 8, 2011 - 12:45 pm

Elena thank you so much for commenting!! so glad to hear that ACV has helped you in so many ways!!!! YAY
HUGS

Kay November 8, 2011 - 2:25 pm

I take ACV in water at the first sign of a bladder infection (sorry if this is TMI) and it clears it right up!!! It also helps with my gallbladder issues.

jess @ cupcakes and kale November 8, 2011 - 3:29 pm

i’m already a huge organic ACV fan and am so happy to see this post too because i haven’t yet tried it as a toner! these days i’v been only using thayer’s witchhazel on my face and it’s great, but i’m still dealing with a bit of cystic ance. {something i always hoped i would “grow” out of, but seeing as i’m not 30 that doesn’t seem to be the case…}

so yes, looking forward to trying this on my face now! i also use my organic ACV as a hair conditioner {it makes it so shiny!}, in my vegan baking {for buttermilk} and i also make a preventative cold & flu tonic over the winter months with it. which reminds me, it’s about time for a seasonal batch!

thanks for sharing ladies 🙂

Kristina @ spabettie November 8, 2011 - 4:13 pm

wow, girls, this is awesome!! I can’t wait to get home, I’m going to “wash” my face with ACV as soon as I do! 😉 it’s really funny, I have used all kinds of natural things, the very first thing I used coconut oil and butter for was moisturizer (learned from one of my massage therapists years ago!), and I learned a bit in skincare school as well… but I’ve never thought of ACV – sort of like an astringent and toner all in one, yes?

I am terribly excited about this! I use ACV daily – I drink it in water, cook and bake with it, and now… YES I am excited to wash as soon as I get home! 😉

Jen Garcia November 8, 2011 - 6:47 pm

I’ve replaced coffee w/ ACV drink. It works well for me, I’ve lost weight & feel more healthy overall! Great for blemishes & as a hair rinse.

Malia November 9, 2011 - 6:30 am

Hi!

I’m fairly new to the blog and I couldn’t help but share what helped me clear up acne.

I don’t eat any sugar. Not even as an ingredient! I use all natural sugar such as honey and maple syrup. I started this only because I got a terrible skin infection around my mouth and the doctor said to stay away from all refined sugar so I did and had awesome results! Even if you do low sugar that would help tons! I have no acne anymore and I lost 30lbs! I also wash my face right before I go to bed. It works so well I couldn’t help but share it:) I hope you don’t mind:)

Thanks for the tip!

Malia

Lori and Michelle November 9, 2011 - 7:10 am

Thanks Malia, we do eat a really low sugar diet. we feel it helps with our skin but we are still having issues somewhere else. but yes eating natural sugar is great and keeping it in low amounts works for us. 🙂

Sheila Dereba November 11, 2011 - 6:48 am

Healthy, natural and simple beauty solution right just in your kitchen.While I love Apple Cider Vinegar in my salad, I now have a great use for this. 🙂

Rachel November 11, 2011 - 11:00 am

Hi Ladies…I have recently found your blog and am loving it…especially all of your amazing recipes. I do not struggle with acne, but the opposite – dry skin. The products I am using now are Dr. Hauschka, which are all natural and have a great approach to skin care. They follow a “treat like with like” approach, so if your face is oily, use a day oil. They have some great info on their website. Here is a link: http://www.drhauschka.com/find-products-for-your-skin/7-facts.aspx
Good luck and keep the great recipes coming!

hihorosie November 13, 2011 - 12:03 am

never thought to use acv on my face. I’ll have to try it.

Rachel November 13, 2011 - 3:01 pm

I’m a HUGE fan of ACV. I’ve used it as an immunity booster (drinking it in water) and also for stubborn plantar’s warts. I’ve recommended it to friends and patients as a natural remedy… It’s amazing, powerful stuff! Never thought of using it as a toner though, may have to try it!

Sharyn November 14, 2011 - 3:04 pm

I just recently found your blog and I have also recently introduced ACV into my skincare routine! I can empathize with the acne struggles. It is a major source of frustration for me. Thank you for sharing.

Lori and Michelle November 14, 2011 - 5:22 pm

Thank you Sharyn. Hope that you find relieve too!

Ulysses Zito November 17, 2011 - 8:09 am

I really respect what you’re writing here. Keep going that way. Take care!

ianna November 20, 2011 - 1:10 pm

I’ve used ACV to remove some unwanted moles on my face. At first I tried taping (using fabric medical tape) a cotton ball soaked with ACV on the moles but that was very slow going. So I used some fine grit sandpaper to scrape at the moles a little bit, then taped the ACV-soaked cotton balls for a few hours, and sometimes overnight.

It took about 5 or 6 days and they were gone! It burned a bit and made the skin around the moles look white and very tender, but after a couple of hours the skin turns back to its normal colour. When the moles had disappeared, I pierced a soft capsule of Vitamin E and dabbed the areas multiple times a day to help the skin recover nicely without scarring.

ALSO, I had a painful swollen lymph node that wasn’t getting any better. I read online that using a cottonball soaked in ACV would help it out. I did it a few times that day, and the next day it had drastically reduced in size and wasn’t painful anymore. The day after that it was gone! Sigh, ACV, you rock…

I also have acne (mostly due to cow’s milk products that I can’t help eating sometimes, but also due to stress), but I’ve not tried ACV to help with that. Can’t wait to try it out tonight! Thank you for this fantastic post!

ianna November 20, 2011 - 1:18 pm

oh, also it’s fabtastic for sore throats and coughs! Boil some water, put a nice amount of ACV in a quart jar (about 1/4 cup or more if you like), a couple tablespoons of honey, and about 10 slivers of fresh ginger. Fill it up with the boiling water, close the lid and let the ginger infuse for at least 15 minutes before you drink. I think it tastes marvy, altho my boyfriend haaaates it (but I still “force” him to drink it when he’s got a cough :). I drink sips of it throughout the day rather than gulping it in one go so it keeps healing your throat as it goes down all day.

Mary Claudine December 22, 2011 - 10:05 am

Yet another great lesson from you girl! now I have another use for my ACV. And the comments here are feeding more and more brilliant ideas! love this!

Kelsey January 15, 2012 - 9:29 pm

who knew?! I love it! food as body products is my favorite. well, after EATING of course 😉

great post!

melody July 16, 2014 - 7:23 pm

I have a similar skin care routine as you do! I also use apple cider vinegar as a toner and I also use a tea tree oil mask which I feel cools my skin and gets rid of oily skin. I also use pads that are pre-soaked in tea tree oil that I use after I play tennis or workout if I can not shower right away to help prevent pimples and oily skin too. I also find that drinking ACV helps my skin as well.

C May 22, 2015 - 8:30 am

I have used ACV on my face before and it is an amazing product. It may sting a little or even get a little red but that goes away quickly. It works great on age spots and I even had a wart and a mole (non-cancerous had a dermatologist previously look at it) and after using ACV primarily as a toner, I noticed even a old wart basically fell off without leaving a scar at all and the mole went away too. It was a little pink for a while but then it healed. I also used it on a tiny scar I had on my hand and the scar all but disappeared as well. I highly recommend it. As for the mole thing, if you put it on a mole it can work in some cases and make it good away but never pick at the scab of a mole and always have it checked out first to make sure it isn’t cancerous. Cutting moles off cost a lot of money so it may be worth trying ACV first. It has done wonders for me.

Amanda August 22, 2018 - 3:10 am

Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial and antiseptic properties, most people have success with this toner because it balances out skin. I actually used this as a toner for a few months and noticed that it did improve my acne.