Dairy-free creamy cashew cream

Healthy so creamy and rich dairy-free cashew cream. Best part it takes just 5 minutes to whip up. Naturally gluten-free and vegan.  This stuff is amazing, even if you don’t like cashews you will LOVE this. So simple and yummy.

Healthy so creamy and rich dairy-free cashew cream. Best part it takes just 5 minutes to whip up. Naturally gluten-free and vegan. This stuff is amazing, even if you don't like cashews you will LOVE this. So simple and yummy.

We were playing around in the kitchen on day because we were wanting to make a smooth cream, almost like whipped cream in a way. We wanted it to be rich and melt in your mouth kind of cream.

A dessert that was almost velvety like.

How to make dairy-free raw vegan cream made from cashews

*Warning this cashew cream is a little addictive in a good way

So delicious. It soothes the soul for sure.

Creamy Cashew Cream (raw, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, grain-free, low sugar)

Make your own coconut butter here in 2 minutes.

Dairy-free creamy cashew cream

• Prep Time: 5 minutes
  • Total Time: 5 minutes
  • Yield: depends
Scale

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cup soaked cashew, pieces
  • 1/2 cup coconut butter
  • 1/4 cup maple
  • 2 teaspoons of vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia
  • zest of 1 lemon
  • 1 tsp cardamom

Instructions

1. Soak cashews in a bowl for about 30 minutes. Rinse well.
  2. Then place cashews into your blender along with your coconut butter and maple. Blend.
  3. Then add in your vanilla, stevia, lemon zest and cardamom.
  4. Blend some more till smooth and creamy.
  5. Scoop your cashew cream into a bowl or in our case we served them in little coffee mugs.
  6. Enjoy your cream at room temperature or place in refrigerator for a little bit to enjoy cold.

Get cashews, maple, stevia and vanilla delivered to your doorstep and save money here.

Substitution ideas:

• may replace maple with any liquid sweetener of choice; if you want to do it all stevia base than you will need to add in about 2-4 tablespoons of water and increase the amount of stevia to your desired level of sweetness
  • may replace lemon zest with either lime or orange
  • and can use any flavorings you desire (we just love cardamom and use it all the time)

We are just visualizing how scrumptious and yummy this cashew cream was!

Something extra for fun we crumbled some brownie crumbs on top. for something a little chocolaty.

Now that is one mini coffee mug of  pure bliss if you ask us!  a little piece of dessert heaven.

Do you like creamy desserts? Do you like the spice cardamom? What is your favorite spice to add to desserts? What is your favorite nut to make creamy non-dairy things with: cashews, macadamia nuts, almonds, or pine nuts?

L&M

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free September 16, 2011 - 7:30 am

Loooooove creamy desserts! But I’ve never tried cardamom…must try! And, it’s not really considered a spice I guess, but chocolate is my fav!!! Cocoa powder adds flavor to everything! Even chili!

caroline September 16, 2011 - 7:35 am

yumm! this looks amazing…and so creative 🙂 i too am on a very restrictive diet and eat only limited foods (lots of wild salmon, sardines, vegetable, and healthy fats) I would love to read the book “Diet Wise” that you read because i suffer from some inflammatory digestive disorder and headaches and fatigue. no one can figure out what is wrong with me, so i found it really inspiring to find that you are taking charge of your own health. Thanks so much!! ..how do you know what foods to eat that don’t affect you?

Pure2 September 16, 2011 - 10:29 am

Caroline he explains in the book how to pick what foods to start with, it varies for each person depending on your regular diet.

ChocolatePBCups September 16, 2011 - 8:37 am

This looks so delicious! I love cashews :)creamy desserts are definitely a favorite of mine and my favorite spice to add to desserts would probably be cinnamon!

Jen @ Findingavocadoland September 16, 2011 - 9:41 am

How do you make that look so damn delicious!! I’ve tried to make cashew creams a few times and I don’t know what happens but it always tastes awful. Maybe it’s the cashews I use? Ahh, someday I’ll be brave enough to try again 🙂

Pure2 September 16, 2011 - 10:30 am

Jen might be the cashews, do you soak them first?? using raw or roasted?? do try them again, I promise cashew creams are wonderful

Tatyana September 16, 2011 - 9:49 am

I just wanted to say that I love your blog. You are so creative with your ingredients. I also tried socca for the first time a few months ago from your blog. The first try was a fail and then I powered up the courage to try it again and it turned out amazing, so fast and so easy.
You guys are great 🙂

Pure2 September 16, 2011 - 10:31 am

Tatyana yay for socca!!! we still get failures mixed in when we make it, but always taste good

Alexia @ NamasteYoga September 16, 2011 - 10:28 am

that cashew cream looks scrumptious! I love creamy vegan desserts, and apart from dark chocolate, softserve and ice-cream are my favorites. Cardamon, cinnamon and vanilla are ideal spices and additions to my desserts and my favorite nut to make non-dairy things are cashews for cakes and ice-cream and sunflower seeds for dressings. mhmmmmm

GetSkinnyGoVegan September 16, 2011 - 10:45 am

I always eat WAY too much of this stuff!!

Pure2 September 16, 2011 - 4:17 pm

it happens to us too!

Kristina @ spabettie September 16, 2011 - 11:08 am

oh, you KNOW I love this! I love cardamom and this time of year is when I seem to go crazy with it – it’s in everything. 😉

I love the idea of this dessert – I am definitely going to make this one.

have a great weekend!

Pure2 September 16, 2011 - 4:17 pm

Kristina glad to hear that we have another cardamom lover out there 🙂

Heathy September 16, 2011 - 11:54 am

YUMMMMOOO!!! I want a bowl of this! xo

Pure2 September 16, 2011 - 4:17 pm

Heathy sending one you way 😉 xoxo

Erica September 16, 2011 - 12:20 pm

I LOVE how versatile cashew cream is! I usually use it in tomato sauce- awesome! This look amaze

Pure2 September 16, 2011 - 4:18 pm

thanks Erica, and yes love how cashew can be used for so many things!

Ela September 16, 2011 - 2:48 pm

Ooh…you know I adore cardamom! It’s my favorite! I love creamy desserts but haven’t been eating them lately.
Just had a good talk with my ND about my deteriorating mental health lately and why eating more fats would help get it better. So maybe it’s time to start having a few nuts again.
I’m just afraid of the omega6 in nuts but cashews don’t have much omega 6 and mac nuts have almost none. If they weren’t so expensive I’d use them a lot more. My favorite is coconut.
I’ll try to blog about it soon–been craving gingerbread so maybe I’ll make some cream like this to go on top!
love
Ela

Pure2 September 16, 2011 - 4:20 pm

I know Ela I wish nuts and seeds were a little less expensive too! coconut is our favorite as well though we have a feeling we might be sensitive to it 🙁 but we just have to wait and see once we add in it back into our diets.

Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh September 16, 2011 - 3:29 pm

oh my gosh that looks sinful!! I have never had cashew cream, but have always wanted to try it!! I can only image how versatile it can be on tasty treats!!
Beautiful pictures too!!

Pure2 September 16, 2011 - 4:21 pm

thanks Ari !! it is very versatile that is one reason why we love it so much 😉

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) September 16, 2011 - 5:01 pm

I love spice! This looks amazing and the flavor combinations/possibilities are endless. Absolutely beautiful!

sophie September 16, 2011 - 7:01 pm

Great new header and great-looking recipe.
I really need to get some irish-moss!!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

sophie September 16, 2011 - 7:02 pm

also – cinnamon is my favourite!!! but i also love cardamom, cloves…cinnamon 🙂

Crysta September 16, 2011 - 8:50 pm

Love creamy desserts and LOVE cardamom, cinnamon and all those yummy fall and holiday spices! I have a unique blueberry soup recipe that is my favorite….with cardamom!

Lori and Michelle September 17, 2011 - 6:32 am

Crysta blueberry and cardamom sounds wonderful!

Carrie September 16, 2011 - 8:58 pm

love the new header! very modern and eye-catching!

Lori and Michelle September 17, 2011 - 6:33 am

Thanks Carrie, we are still playing around with it 😉

hihorosie September 23, 2011 - 12:05 am

hear me smacking my lips over this yumminess?!

Anastasia@healthymamainfo.com October 20, 2011 - 11:21 am