We are starting our holiday weekend with these babies…another mint chocolate combo, we just love it!
Without further do…
Chocolate Mint Cake Donut (gluten-free, vegan, soy-free, low in sugar)Print
Chocolate Mint Cake Donuts (gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, low sugar)
Chocolate Mint Cake Donut (gluten-free, vegan, soy-free, low in sugar). Chocolate donuts that taste like chocolate cake!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 19 minutes
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour (any gf or regular flour)
- 5 tbsp flax meal
- 5 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup xyitol (or sugar)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut kefir (or buttermilk)
- 1 tbsp vanilla (we use alcohol free, so adjust accordingly)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 tsp spirulina
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- Place all ingredients into bowl and stir together. Make sure all wet ingredients are at room temperature. Scoop donut batter into your donut pan. Let cool in pan for a few minutes before taking out of pan. *if you do not have a donut pan you may use a muffin pan or mini bundt cake pan.
- Bake donuts at 375 degree for about 14 minutes.
- Serving – 6 donuts
- *We have made these twice, one with carob and one with chocolate and both work!
- Place all ingredients into blender and whip together.
- Once chocolate cake donuts are cooled, dip into mint glaze.
- Serving Size: makes 6 donuts
A green mint glaze that goes perfect with these baked gluten-free egg-free donuts!
Now time to frost donuts!
A little messy, but that is the fun part.
These chocolate mint baked donuts tasted just like cake!
*Just a side note, these donuts are a little delicate, so be careful
Don’t think we need to tell you how good these were 🙂
Now we are in a chocolate donut coma!
Do you like chocolate donuts? Do you mint chocolate?