Avocado Soft Serve Ice Cream. Easy and healthy!

Avocado Soft Serve Ice Cream (gluten-free, vegan, mostly raw, sugar-free, paleo). ย No sugar. No ice cream maker. The easiest ice cream you’ll ever make. We have mint flavoring option if you love mint ice cream.
avocado-ice-cream-coconut-milk-no-nuts

This avocado based ice cream is moreย like a soft serve ice cream, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Healthy avocado soft serve ice cream made without an ice cream maker

A bowl of perfection!

This avocado ice cream was not too sweet as we add in no sugar and had a great creamy texture.

Avocado soft serve ice cream recipe. Made in 10 minutes. and only 5 ingredients. No sugar. No ice cream maker needed. Low carb paleo and vegan dessert that is easy to make and healthy. Healthy ice cream? Yep. Love mint ice cream? Great we do too. Click to get your recipe with additional flavor options. Gluten-free | Grain-free | Paleo | Dairy-free

No need to make ice cream complicated right?

All you need is a few simple ingredients.

A simple healthy paleo vegan ice cream recipe made from avocado and coconut.

We love mint so we added in that for flavor. Plus it helps with having no sugar in the recipe.

Want to take it a step further? Add in some protein thin mints.

Avocado Soft Serve Ice Cream Recipe. Gluten-free. Paleo. Vegan.

A simple healthy dairy-free recipe for soft serve ice cream made out of avocado and coconut. No ice cream maker needed. All you need is a blender. Paleo vegan gluten free avocado ice cream recipe. Mix in thin mints for the ultimate mint dessert.

A simple healthy dairy-free recipe for soft serve ice cream made out of avocado and coconut. No ice cream maker needed. Paleo vegan gluten free avocado ice cream recipe. Mix in thin mints for the ultimate mint dessert.

• Prep Time: 10 minutes
  • Total Time: 10 minutes
Scale

Ingredients

• 2 avocados (about 1 cup)
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 tsp spirulina (optional for more green color)
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 1/33/4 teaspoon stevia – to taste
  • *additional flavors
  • 1 teaspoon mint extract – to taste

Instructions

1. Place all ingredients into blender.
  2. Blend until smooth.
  3. Adjust the sweetness.
  4. If adding in mint add more if desired.

Nutrition

• Serving Size: serves 2 - 3

This recipe is great to enjoy any time of the day as it is so light and refreshing.

Make sure to check out our other avocado ice cream recipe here if you are looking for a richer ice cream.

Enjoy friend.

Know a friend who would love this easy ice cream recipe? Share this recipe with them.

We don’t want anyone going a day without avocado ice cream, haha.

Lori and Michelle

If you’re new to Purely Twins join our tribe and get updates:

Pinterest – purelytwins

Instagram – @purelytwins and @purelytwinsfitness

Snapchat – loriandmichelle

Youtube – purelytwins and pure2rawtwins

Facebook – purelytwins

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free April 29, 2011 - 6:33 am

Yes! I did watch the Royal Wedding this morning-it was wonderful ๐Ÿ™‚ She was absolutely stunning.

And I am making this! I LOVE peppermint ice cream. Seriously it was my favorite flavor when I ate dairy and sugar….Now I can eat it again-YAY!

Pure2 April 29, 2011 - 6:38 am

Alex – she was stunning!!! peppermint ice cream was our fav too!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) April 29, 2011 - 6:41 am

I only saw the end of it, but I loved her dress too! The lace was beautiful!

The ice cream sounds delicious! I hope you two have a great day!

Jackie @ Baking Charms April 29, 2011 - 7:26 am

I didn’t watch the wedding but I’ve been stalking all the videos online this morning… so romantic and her dress is beautiful!

Pure2 April 29, 2011 - 7:28 am

Jackie – yes thank goodness for the internet ๐Ÿ™‚

Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing April 29, 2011 - 9:57 am

Mmm! That creamy ice cream sounds so good right now! Love how refreshing mint is — and the fact that you used fresh mint is so over the top awesome! ๐Ÿ™‚

Pure2 April 29, 2011 - 10:02 am

Katie – we have bunch of fresh mint that we are trying to use up, haha so thought we should throw it in ๐Ÿ™‚

JessicaL April 29, 2011 - 10:35 am

I did not watch the wedding, but I have plently of people raving about it to know all about it haha. I have been getting a lot of headaches as well, I have been eating a lot of beans. Can that cause headaches? Aww your parents are coming!! Do they eat raw? If not, do they support your way of eating/living? I found that my family accepts that I like to eat healthier, but they do nag about how there’s a such thing as being “too healthy”.

Pure2 April 29, 2011 - 11:50 am

Jessica – sorry to hear about the headaches, not sure if beans can cause them, but honestly anything is possible. Everyone reacts to food differently. As for our parents they only eat raw when we make them food, although our mom does drink green smoothies and loves our raw biscotti! They both love raw desserts ๐Ÿ™‚

Jessica April 29, 2011 - 12:17 pm

After all, who doesn’t love raw desserts!! I think I will do what you guys are doing with avocado and bump it out for a little while to see the improvement.

Lisa @ Thrive Style April 29, 2011 - 11:38 am

The ice cream looks amazing! I’m slightly obsessed with avocados, especially since I subscribed to SoCal avocados Avocado of the Month Club!

Katie April 29, 2011 - 12:08 pm

My mint is just starting to grow, so this is definitely on my to-make list. And now that my ice cream maker may be eon its last leg…

Mimi (Gingersnaps) April 29, 2011 - 12:25 pm

That ice cream looks awesome! Avocado is such a great base. Sorry it’s giving you trouble though.

I was at the royal wedding. It was cute, but the tv did a great job telecasting it.

Nikki April 29, 2011 - 12:49 pm

That icecream looks amazing! I love the color ๐Ÿ™‚

Christine (The Raw Project) April 29, 2011 - 1:50 pm

Oh my goodness, this ice looks amazing, awesome job! I can’t wait to try this, thanks!

Lauren April 29, 2011 - 3:49 pm

ice cream looks amazing. I do not get headaches but I developed an allergy to avocados :(. I get giant breakouts around my mouth every time I eat one. So… alas, I stopped. ๐Ÿ™

Ela April 29, 2011 - 7:30 pm

The ice cream sounds just perfectly delectable. I adore mint, and avo is a great base for minty ice creams.

I was raised mostly in London but I didn’t see the royal wedding at all–but I remember William’s parents’ wedding when I was just a tiny kid…

hihorosie April 30, 2011 - 12:06 am

Just finished watching the Royal Wedding! Kate was (still is) beautiful and loved loved loved the dress! I love them – such a great couple. Loved Pippa’s dress too.

Love the avocado ice cream idea – awesome! What a great birthday treat!

Pure2 April 30, 2011 - 3:56 am

Heidi – oh yes Pippa looked beautiful as well!

shannonmarie April 30, 2011 - 5:50 am

Of course I watched the royal wedding. I was working out in front of the tv during the actual ceremony. It brought back memories of watching Princess Di walk down the isle when I was little.

BTW, congrats to Lori on your engagement. Loved the fairy tale post.

Happy belated birthday to you both, too!

I don’t know what to tell you about the avocados. Maybe your bodies are becoming more sensitive and more aware of how foods effect you. I’m finding that stevia gives me headaches, so I limit it now. It could also be a detox symptom.

That ice cream looks yummy, although I’d use something else in place of the stevia.

Lori April 30, 2011 - 6:44 am

The mint and avocado (+frozenness) sounds wonderful. I love all things ice cream but making it from the avocado probably leaves it super rich and creamy. ๐Ÿ™‚ Love this!

melissa @ the delicate place April 30, 2011 - 6:53 am

!!! pippa totally showed kate up and i think kate is beautiful! i just liked pippas gown better, my prediction was nearly spot on too! i thought vintage mcqueen with long sleeves! i’ve bookmarked this recipe because i have a huge mint plant right now, cannot wait to dive in!! x enjoy your fam filled weekend!

Kim April 30, 2011 - 12:39 pm

Just a note–I have had headaches from stevia! In particular one that came in a green packet. Luckily not from avocados for me!

bitt of raw April 30, 2011 - 10:56 pm

What a pretty bowl! Mint brownie is one of my favorite flavors. I’ve been curious about trying to make an avocado based ice cream because I figure it would do well with the fat content. Looks too.

Teri [a foodie stays fit] May 1, 2011 - 7:58 pm

this sounds amazing! you two are pure genius in the kitchen! ha! no pun intended!

seriously, her dress was STUNNING. I’m kind of in love with her.

Pure2 May 2, 2011 - 5:24 am

Thank you Teri ๐Ÿ˜‰ and we love her too.

Gena May 3, 2011 - 6:02 am

My kinda ice cream! This looks absolutely delicious, ladies.

Megan May 3, 2011 - 1:14 pm

This looks so good!
I tried to make raw peppermint ice cream once, but it didn’t come out very well… but I’ll try this recipe sometime this week! Yum!

Elizabeth May 3, 2011 - 7:24 pm

I can’t wait to try this tomorrow !!! It looks soooo good.

Pure2 May 3, 2011 - 7:30 pm

Thanks Elizabeth, let us know how you liked it! It is for avocado and mint lovers for sure.

Joanna goes vegan May 4, 2011 - 3:28 am

I like your bowl, because it can handle a lot of your delicious ice-cream ๐Ÿ™‚

Maria @ Scandifoodie May 7, 2011 - 5:25 pm

Yum, I love this! Definitely need to try!

Anastasia@healthymamainfo.com December 5, 2011 - 10:26 am

Looks fantastic and super healthy!

Chris August 4, 2013 - 8:02 am

About how much does this make? How many people will it serve? I wouldn’t wan to leave anybody out now ๐Ÿ™‚

purelytwins August 4, 2013 - 8:46 am

Any can serve as many as you want. For us it just serves 1.

5 gluten-free recipes {updated} November 1, 2016 - 11:09 am