We could have shared a lot more as we’ve learned a lot over the years we’ve been on this so-called health and fitness journey. One thing to remember it is a JOURNEY. We don’t regret anything from our past with our journey because it has brought us to where we are today. And have fun on the journey to be better, healthier you.
If you are starting your healthy lifestyle journey or feeling stuck on not seeing the improvements you desire in your health this video is for you. We share 9 must know tips for a successful fitness and healthy lifestyle.
9 Things we wished we knew before We started our health and fitness journey
We hope this video has served you. We hope our 9 insights spark something in you so you can start experiencing a better journey to improving yourself.
Please share this video with your friends so we can help more women feel their best inside out and help women realize they don’t have to do extremes to look and feel good.
For years we put food and exercise over everything else and it costs our health, happiness and our confidence in ourselves.
Knowing these 9 things will help you experience a healthier and more enjoyable health and fitness journey to a stronger, better you.
9 MUST KNOW tips for a successful fitness and healthy lifestyle
- Take care of your mindset. You will lose weight and get healthy, but the moment you stop your “diet” and get back to your old habits, you’ll gain it back. So what you have to aim for is not only changing your body but changing your mindset too, to think and act healthy. That’s why how we train now infuses mindset with movement.
- Take it slow. Changing habits take time to change, be easy on yourself. Take it slow and listen to your body.
- Have a plan. Find ways to make things easier for you. Find a simple routine that you can be consistent with. start.This is important because otherwise you will be lost and confused, and always rushing through everything you do and not fully being present. Plus with having a plan you will FEEL more productive.
- Focus on you. We are all different and have different needs and wants in our lives. Don’t compare as it slows your own progress down. Use others as guides, inspiration and ways to find more clarity.
- Self-worth has nothing to do with the number on the scale. Realize you are a soul underneath your body. There’s more to life than having a great body. You were born worthy. You don’t have to prove anything.
- Have more fun with what you are doing. There are many fun and interesting ways to train. And once you find one that you like, you’ll never look back. That is us, we so look forward to our training sessions and how we move our bodies and mind. By focusing on training that is FUN for us it is so easy to stay consistent.
- Rest days are good. They are important for long-term success. Remember it’s a lifestyle so rest is necessary for recovery to keep going.
- Have a support system. Make sure the people and your environment support you. Declutter where necessary.
- Eat for performance and bodily function. Eat for nourishment not to control your weight
We hope our tips have inspired you or gave you a big ah-ha moment to shift things in your life to create a better experience.
Being healthy and fit doesn’t have to be hard, boring or confusing.
Pick an area off the list that you can start trying to see how it improves your journey.
Share one thing you wished you knew before starting your journey?
If you want more of our personal help we have two options for you to work with us:
We have our year-long self-study online course Stop Obsessing Start Living. We share all the mindset shifts, insights, routines and tips we did to overcome food and body image obsessions and start to create a life of freedom and happiness.
Or if you are looking for more help with an exercise plan to keep you consistent to see results and guidance with staying consistent with your mindset work to keep your mind strong, then we invite you to join our body soul gym Purely Fit Life. Start your journey to become a fit soul boss of your body and life.
If you’re new to Purely Twins join our tribe and get updates:
Pinterest – purelytwins
Instagram – @purelytwins
Youtube – purelytwins
Facebook – purelytwins
Disclosure: In order to support our blogging activities, we may receive monetary compensation for our recommendations and/or links to any products from this blog. Please note, we only endorse products that are in alignment with Purely Twins values and we believe would benefit our readers.