Hello fit mom!

Below is a video of me (and the rest of the family) discussing the importance of holding our kids to not hurt our diastasis.

If you know of a mom that is a new mom or has the mummy tummy please share this with her.

If you are new to my story you can follow my post partum journey here.

How to stand and hold your baby if you’re a mom with diastasis recti

Thanks for watching and for your support during this journey of mine. Many of you have connected with me letting me know you are feeling stronger in your core because of my tips. LOVE that!!

How to hold and stand with you your baby if you are a mom with diastasis recti. | purelytwins.com

Check out my post partum workouts here.

If you would like more help in your post partum journey and healing diastasis sign-up below to be the first to hear about my program – it’s about retraining your core.

Lori

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

6 thoughts on “How to stand and hold your baby with diastasis recti

1. Thanks for the suggestions! After watching this, I realize I frequently stand improperly with my little guy. Hopefully this small (though many times a day!) change will help with healing my DR.

Posted on August 18, 2015 at 3:46 pm
    1. I do the same Kariane, it definitely is a daily practice for me.

Posted on August 19, 2015 at 1:35 pm
  2. What a great website and video. I think it is exceptional that you are sharing your knowledge and helping moms. Madison is darling and you look amazing after having a baby. Inspiring.

Posted on August 19, 2015 at 10:06 am
    1. thank you!

Posted on August 19, 2015 at 1:33 pm
  3. You look amazing! This website has been extremely encouraging for me. Thank you for sharing your story. What is your suggestion on how to properly bathe your little one with out hurting your DR?

Posted on January 5, 2016 at 10:28 pm
    1. Thank you so much Kelly. 🙂 Now for bath time with your little ones. My daughter goes into the bath tub by herself and I sit next to the tub. When I bend over to wash her I make sure to engage my core when I am doing it. So I am thinking belly button to spine, hold it and continue to breathe normally. Then when I pick her up to get out of tub, I squat down, grab her and again engage my core when doing this. I hope this helps! xoxo

Posted on January 5, 2016 at 11:13 pm