We get more and more girls commenting or emailing us about how to get clear skin…how to stop their skin from breaking out.

Do you suffer from troubled skin? Know of anyone who does?

It makes us sad when we get these emails because we know the pain, embarrassment, tears and frustrations–we were there years ago.

I (Lori)  was so worried how my face would handle being pregnant. I talked about my skin each week in my pregnancy updates. I am so thankful that my skin did amazing while being pregnant and so far post partum it is still doing great. I get one or two pimples here and there. I can handle that compared to what my face was before.

We wanted to address some of the common questions we get and give an update on our skin

tips on how to get acne free with estroblock. Skin care acne update. Review of lumimist.

How is our acne doing?

Is Lori taking estroblock while breast feeding?

No. I had to stop taking estroblock as soon as I started clomid to get pregnant. I have not taken it since then.

And Michelle is not taking it either as she stopped when I did.

Will I ever take estroblock again?

Yes, if my face ever shows signs that it needs it (like I start to get cystic acne again) I will probably use it again.

What supplements am I taking to help keep my face acne free?

Magnesium (I try to get at least 600g), vitamin D (5000 IUs), fermented cod liver oil (1 tsp), coconut oil (3 tbsp), probiotic and DoTerra supplements.

What is my current face care routine to help acne?

I am still using my favorite face wash and only doing it at night. When I go to wash my face at night with makeup on I first use witch hazel on my face to get the first layer of makeup off. Next, I wash with my oils. Rinse with warm water. Pat dry. I then put on argan oil with DoTerra’s geranium or lavender essential oils on my face.

In the mornings I just rinse with water and pat dry. A few times a week I use coffee grounds to wash- exfoliate skin in the morning. (You can see all of this in the video)

Some of you have mentioned you are taking estroblock but are still having some breakouts… what can you do? You are frustrated.

Oh girl, I feel your pain.

I would suggest to keep taking it a little bit longer.

Other big things you can do to continue to help your face from breaking out are:

• Don’t stress over them.  I know easier said than done.  Stress is the culprit for so many things. Try not to think about your pimples and reduce your stress in all parts of your life.
  • Make sure you aren’t over washing your face. I only wash my face at night.
  • Keep your face cleaning routine simple.
  • Continue to play around with other oils until you find ones your face likes.  I like argan.
  • Try to eat real foods and limit your sugar intake. Learn to like less sweet things or try to watch your sugar intake. We have plenty of recipes on here that are reduced sugar just for that reason. Both of us have to watch our sugar intake or else our skin pays for it.
  • Workout smarter. If you are doing long hours of cardio please stop. Do more short interval workouts and strength train!
  • Have some quiet moments during your day for some YOU time. Focus on positive thinking. Say some affirmations like… My skin is beautiful. I love my skin. My acne is healing.” Repeat. And visualize your clear skin.
  • If you find yourself picking or stressing over your acne try to stay busy so your mind is not thinking of the pimples.
  • Use microfiber clothes to cleanse your skin
  • Get your hormones checked.
  • Get your vitamin D levels checked.
  • Get omega fats into your diet.
  • Other vitamins to look into: vitamin A and the B vitamins.

We hope this post has helped inspire you to take care of your skin or has helped give you an idea of what could be going on with your skin and breakouts. Just remember to never give up. We know your pain as we both have been there. The struggle is real! Let us know if you have any other questions you would like us to answer.

With Love!

fab-you-signature-01

Here are more skin care posts:

Q and A about skin and hormones

How we wash our face with oils

First thoughts on estroblock

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

17 thoughts on “Acne update: answering Estroblock questions

1. I’m a bit skeptical about the science behind LumiMist. Let me know how it’s working for you!

Posted on February 24, 2015 at 11:18 am
    1. so far it is going alright, no huge differences yet

Posted on February 24, 2015 at 11:39 am
      1. Learn more about the Science behind our “High-Tech Hero” at the NEW LumiMist.com site + enjoy a special price reduction!

Posted on February 25, 2015 at 8:47 pm
  2. I tried estroblock awhile back and noticed that it made my hair fall out quite a bit. Since then my change in diet and supplementing with B Vitamins/Vitamin D and natural progesterone cream has really helped. Just wondering if you girls experienced any hair thinning from the estroblock or if it was just a sign that it wasnt right for my body?

Posted on February 24, 2015 at 11:59 am
    1. We did not experience that, glad you found something that helped your skin!

Posted on February 24, 2015 at 2:35 pm
  3. You too are looking so healthy and vibrant. I have been reading your blog for years, and the change has been gradual, but it just occurred to me in this video how much more radiant you girls are looking compared to a few years back. Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s working! 🙂

Posted on February 24, 2015 at 4:15 pm
    1. thank you Eimear 🙂 xoxo it’s been a long journey but we are so grateful for where we are today! hugs

Posted on February 24, 2015 at 7:17 pm
  4. I needed this post today. Thank you.
    My acne has gone from what I thought was bad to much much worse in the last 2 weeks. I have an appt Monday with the doctor (again!) to figure this out. I’m shocked at the effect this has had on my self esteem. I’m trying self love, and a myriad of other things. I know there is an answer out there, I just have to find it.

Posted on February 25, 2015 at 9:29 am
    1. Hang in there!! Stay positive we know it is hard!!

Posted on February 25, 2015 at 2:33 pm
  5. Hi Michelle and Lori,
    I use to from adult acne for a loooong time. I tried EVERYTHING from Accutane to blue laser therapy and nothing seemed to work until I saw one of your blogs about Estroblock. Once I started taking Estroblock my skin completely cleared up and my self confidence came back! I have found that I no longer need to take it everyday to maintain clear skin. However, my Vitamin D levels have dropped and I know Vitamin D is a precursor to a lot of hormones so the only thing I wonder is if Estroblock impacts Vitamin D levels? Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for sharing all your research and trials, I have benefited greatly from your shared experiences.
    Kristin

Posted on February 25, 2015 at 5:40 pm
    1. Kristin, so happy to hear this!! yay! that is very interesting about vita D level and estroblock, that we will have to research more. xoxo

Posted on February 25, 2015 at 10:17 pm
  6. Thanks so much Lori and Michelle ~ we LOVE the “Purely Twins” review of LumiMist Natural Skincare System!!!

It’s admirable that you both have the courage to share your personal struggle with problem skin and truly rewarding to be able to help others get clear skin with healthy + safe alternatives!

Our shared community will truly appreciate this!

We are so excited to tell you that we just got a ‪makeover and have completely changed our look ~ check out the NEW LumiMist.com to learn more about the Science behind our “High-Tech Hero” + special price reduction!

Posted on February 25, 2015 at 8:44 pm
  7. I also used to get acne easily and so tried the pure argan oil about 2 years ago and have been using it since. I use it in the morning and evening and it just makes my face soooo smooth! I even use moisturiser and then eye cream on top, and my skin does not get oily. It’s all about finding the right product for your skin which then shouldn’t cause break outs (haha as if I’m a pro!). Anyway! Nice seeing more people flying the face oil

Posted on May 8, 2015 at 4:03 am
  8. I am saying one more time louder here: YOU SAVED MY LIFE! My face was filled all with acne suddenly and tried every thing, but thankfully found you guys and your website that changed my life :* thx so much for being so generous to share your great experience :*

Posted on May 27, 2015 at 3:25 pm
    1. We are so happy to hear this!!!

Posted on May 27, 2015 at 10:05 pm
    2. What did you do? That cleared your skin??

Posted on July 28, 2015 at 6:21 pm
      1. Honestly it was a few things from diet to supplements to what I was washing my face with. You can see all my posts about acne here http://purelytwins.com/category/acne/ Just take one day at time. Keep track of what you are doing and anything you new try.

Posted on July 28, 2015 at 8:02 pm