It has been ages since we have done a Purely Talk video.

Life has been a bit busy with little Madison.

Our last Purely Talk video we shared 7 tips to help reduce bloat.

Today we are answering a reader’s question:

A Facebook fan Moamera asked a few questions, which we will answer them all, but today we are focusing on diet.

question why gf

Why do we chose a gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free diet.

why-do-we-eat-gluten-grain-dairy-free-q-&-a-question-purelytwins-purelytalk

Thank you Moamera for the question!

As we have mentioned in the video we have talked a lot about our diet many times, but not all together in one post. Plus our diet seems to always be evolving as we learn and change.

Sharing the reasons we eat the diet we eat and why diet trends are not always a good idea.

Click to watch video on youtube.

We want to hear your thoughts:

Do you eat gluten-free, why?

Do you eat grain-free, why?

Do you eat dairy-free, why?

For us, we eat this way because we love the way it makes us feel, helps reduce our inflammation, helps our skin and digestion. Everyone is different. But this works for us! We try our best to be 100% at eating this way, but we do admit occasionally we have those few splurges, but they are rare.

xo

NEW blog signature-01

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

6 thoughts on “Readers question: Why we eat gluten, dairy, and grain-free?

1. YES, yes and yes 🙂

I eat g-g-d-free because of intolerances and allergies. I first got diagnosed at the age of 6, then had a long period of years where I seem to tolerate everything pretty well, but now I’ve been GGD-free for 3 1/2 years. It’s tough, I’ll admit that, but I’ve learned over the past years WHAT IT DOES to my body, when I “slip-up” and fall into the foods. Two years ago I couldn’t cope with the feeling of being different and “special” when I was with my family during the christmas days, and I ate – went totally overboard in – some typical danish christmas cookies. I was sick for 3 days! :O

Lesson learned, and I feel so much better without it 🙂

Posted on December 11, 2014 at 11:17 am
    1. I hate my family, they had to make me “slip-up” with organic wheat bread, and sprouted wheat cereal, which was terrible. And now I have to avoid nightshades as it’s only making my skin worse.
      I, too though think: “why am I avoiding this, is it really as bad…” and the simple answer is “yes.” I know what it all does to me on a scale of 1 to 10. I get a gluttonous brain to where I want to eat everything with wheat, and to where, even though I wouldn’t eat anything all day: Rush to the kitchen to eat whatever was made for dinner, I was the first to second in line, but since dropping wheat/gluten I don’t rush into the kitchen, maybe ’cause I’m more cautious, but I don’t crave for anything wheat, but the same could be said for the nightshades, I think more or less I was actually in fact addicted to wheat, but then came July last year when I was loosing the want for wheat, and several years prior to that I’d wondered why my teeth would go brown, and it wasn’t the cola soda, it wasn’t the sugar, and it wasn’t tea, nor coffee, it was in fact the wheat/gluten. I gave up soda, all of that, and my teeth will even tinge yellow thanks to nightshades!!
      So I’m done with nightshades too now, no more fooling around. Sugar isn’t the cause of my skin problems, nightshades are… and now I gotta wait 3 days for the last passing, and then 3 weeks before my skin will be clear, plus allowing myself to sweat during sleep.

Posted on April 17, 2016 at 9:17 pm
  2. After being diagnosed with diabetes at 55 and seeing my husband lose his leg and have tons of diabetes related issues, I hit the wall, I had so many health issues myself, from arthritis and fibromyalgia, to IBS and obesity, chronic fatigue, was told I needed a knee and possibly hip replacement, and on and on. I was already on 14 medications, and adding more and the side effects and reactions just spazzed me out. I had tried so many different diets over time, and nothing really worked, including the diabetes association diet. I remember watching a movie called “Forks Over Knives” a while back, but at the time I wasn’t motivated to try yet another eating plan, so watched it again. I did all kinds of research because even though it made sense, it seemed kind of extreme and contrary to “popular” thinking. Well, turns out they were soooo right! I decided to give the whole foods plant based diet a 3o day trial, to see what would happen. What happened was my diabetes was gone in two weeks, the weight started melting off, and all my health issues began to resolve! In six months I was off all medications including narcotics for pain, and in a year I had halved my body weight and instead of getting around in a motorized scooter, I was riding 5 miles on my recumbent trike! I have NEVER felt so good! I have learned so much, and honestly, not causing the death and suffering of animals has not only healed my body, but my soul! We are NOT omnivores, we are herbivores, everything in our anatomy and physiology confirms it! We CAN eat other things besides plant, but we pay the price. It isn’t grains, gluten or beans that cause our gut and health issues, unless of course you have a genetic issue, it is the foreign animal proteins that are so similar to our own our bodies get confused and overwhelmed. Plants heal and animal products make us ill…not what most people want to hear, (including myself at first,) but entirely true. A good place to visit for the latest REAL nutrition science and research put into a entertaining free video format for us non doctors (by a doctor) is http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-diet-should-physicians-recommend/ (Just one of MANY videos!) He cuts through all the oft repeated myths that people take as fact, and tell us the actual facts. It has changed my life totally, and also millions of others!

Posted on June 2, 2015 at 4:25 am
    1. Glad you found what works for your body.

Posted on June 2, 2015 at 8:31 pm
  3. Thank you so much for this video and for answering my questions on facebook, I appreciate this much. You girls are truly amazing.

Posted on November 8, 2015 at 8:23 pm
    1. So happy to help you sweetie!! thank you!! let us know what else we can help you with!! xo

Posted on November 8, 2015 at 11:34 pm