Jax is doing amazing with Madison.
When Madison was born Michelle brought home a blanket for Jax to get used to her smell. The next morning Michelle came down and saw Jax sitting like this on the couch – one foot on the blanket. Too cute.
The day we left the hospital to come home, I cried the whole way as I was so excited and overcome with emotion for Jax to meet Madison and to be home with my whole family!
The meeting went well 😉 Jax was unsure of what Madison was at first, but now he loves giving her kisses.
I am beyond excited to see their relationship build over the years!! Jax is so good with her. Sure he gets ‘in the way’ sometimes but he just loves being a part of it all. Well, all but the late night nursings. He stays in bed for those. Smart dog. He doesn’t like to hear Madison cry. Right there with ya Jax.
Whenever Madison is being fussy and I am walking her around the house Jax is right there by my side walking with me. It’s too cute.
He also loves tummy time as he loves to
lick kiss her. She doesn’t seem to mind his wet tongue 🙂
Jax has been a great big brother!
Jax has taught me some valuable life lessons already and he is just 2 1/2 years old. He definitely helped prepare me for being a mom to baby Madison.
18 life lessons that my vizsla has taught me about being a mom
1. Patience – This is hard for me. I am not good at being patient. But by having Jax he has taught me to be patient. To breathe more. To let things go. He reminds me that everything will work out and be patient while I wait.
Jax being patient while I nurse Madison.
2. Unconditional love – I never thought I could love someone as much as I love Gary. Jax made my heart bigger. Jax has taught me the importance of love. No matter what he does I will always love him. A great lesson that prepares me for life ahead. I always make sure Jax and Madison feel loved. Love conquers everything.
3. More patience – See #1. Things take time. I am slowly learning to just let things be.
Having business meetings in the nursery. Jax joined of course.
4. Making decisions based on him – Before Jax, my decisions were based off what I needed or what Gary and I needed to do, but when he came into my life my mind switched. I stopped worrying about me and made sure he was happy. Same feelings I have now for Madison. I do take care of myself but my biggest priority is taking care of my children.
5. Even more patience – Practice makes perfect.
Jax keeping Madison company while I make breakfast.
6. Watchful eye – Jax has taught me to be more aware of my surroundings and making sure everything is safe.
7. Time management – As being a new mom and business owner I have had to learn how to fit in work with play time. Jax is an active dog. I had to learn to fit in time throughout the day to walk him, play with him, etc. This was a great lesson for me to prepare for Madison as I have a better grip on my schedule that allows me to give her all my love and still be a working stay-at-home mom.
8. Persistence – Sometimes things I have to be taught over and over before they become easier. Training Jax was not easy. It took a few months. This lesson not only helped me personally but also with my business. Michelle and I have gone through some challenging times with our online business, but I keep going. I keep enduring. I never give up. A lesson I will teach Madison — to never give up on her dreams.
9. Live in the moment – He truly helps me live in the moment. And now with Madison I have slowed down even more to savor every little moment.
Jax loves play time.
10. Be silly. Be you. – Jax has brought so much laughter into my life. Never a dull moment with him. Jax was there during my dark years struggling with adult acne. He loved me no matter what I looked like. He helped remind me I am beautiful just as I am. And don’t forget to laugh at myself.
11. Be ready for anything – this pretty much speaks for itself.
Jax loves nap time.
12. Scratches and snuggles fix everything – nothing beats a hug from your loved ones.
13. Forgive !
14. Trust your instincts – Jax has taught me to listen more to my inner voice.
15. Learn to do things faster – Dogs do not understand waiting. I have learned to move faster and try to do a few things at once.
Sometimes while I nurse Madison I have to throw Jax’s toy. Multitasking.
16. Play more – Jax is always ready for whatever — play time, snuggle time…I love that about him. He reminds me not to take life so seriously.
17. Keeps me grounded – He reminds to be grateful every day and to count my blessings.
My view while I work at the computer
each most morning.
18. Be happy – Most of all Jax reminds me to just BE HAPPY! Laugh more. Love more. Enjoy life more.
These 18 life lessons have helped me be a better parent for Madison. Together, Jax and I, will teach Madison these life lessons too.
For two years it was just Jax and me. Now it’s Jax, Madison and me! Like I said above, I cannot wait to see how their relationship grows over the years.
Jax helped me never feel alone, kept me active and lifted my mood when I was down. I know he will do all the same for Madison.
WE WANT TO HEAR YOUR PURELY THOUGHTS
Are you a dog person?
What has your dog or pet taught you?